Joe Budden: "It says something that nobody outside of Birdman is saying something in support of Drake." Drake violates the friend code

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
Music is just like any other job
You have coworkers
You have colleagues
You have acquaintances
You have I ain’t fukkin with you
Aubrey has ran through ever last position
This has nothing to do with being real or fake
The job you get up and go to have the same politics
It’s a nikka at your job right now that acts like Aubrey
I guarantee yall started off cool
Something funny bunny went down
Now you look at him strange but you keep it cordial to not fukk up your bag
Something flagrant as all get out happens
Then you say nah I’m cool on dude
Now you just walk by buddy and K.I.M.
This tells me who really out here in these streets and can relate
That first page sure as hell ain’t with them goofy ass posts :dead:

Huda2daf

Superstar
Daps
Well he did make a song a few years ago about not having friends in the industry right.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

Imagine being Jay, Beyonce, Rocky, or anyone with a friendship or relationship with Rihanna and hearing this filth. You'd want that dude out the paint too. The hubris is at such a level he just gotta go. And all that energy simply found the perfect avatar to channel and get him out the paint.

FeverPitch2

Superstar
Daps
This is something that's been a long time coming but not specifically for Drake.
It just so happens that Drake is the latest example.
Dame Dash, Beanie Siegel, Kanye, Puff, Russell Simmons, etc. The falls from grace are piling up and becoming more severe.
The larger issue is that for whatever reason, beginning in the 2000's, many Black celebrities, primarily musicians and athletes, feel that success entitles them to be as obnoxious, egotistic, unscrupulous, and arrogant as possible.
Jay-Z was one of the early adopters of this behavior along with his partner Dame Dash leading the charge. But since splitting from Dame, Jay seems to have changed course.
While there have always been out of control celebrities, Black and otherwise, it seems to have reached a new level in the last 25 years.
Drake is the poster boy for someone who started out normal and turned into a complete piece of shyt before our eyes.
This is a long coming course correction in social energy.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch

song-of-the-day-discussion-speed-demon-v0-h1388gpty0db1.gif

ItzRailT

All Star
Daps
It is extremely telling nobody of importance came to his defense I don't consider Birdman or Mack Maine as important people. Meanwhile Dot got hella people on his side.

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
This is something that's been a long time coming but not specifically for Drake.
It just so happens that Drake is the latest example.
Dame Dash, Beanie Siegel, Kanye, Puff, Russell Simmons, etc. The falls from grace are piling up and becoming more severe.
The larger issue is that for whatever reason, beginning in the 2000's, many Black celebrities, primarily musicians and athletes, feel that success entitles them to be as obnoxious, egotistic, unscrupulous, and arrogant as possible.
Jay-Z was one of the early adopters of this behavior along with his partner Dame Dash leading the charge. But since splitting from Dame, Jay seems to have changed course.
While there have always been out of control celebrities, Black and otherwise, it seems to have reached a new level in the last 25 years.
Drake is the poster boy for someone who started out normal and turned into a complete piece of shyt before our eyes.
This is a long coming course correction in social energy.

People say he was a dork or whatever when he came into the game, but he was being his genuine self. That’s who he really is and that’s fine. Along the way, he actually regressed as a man and started really believing he was some kind of gangster, tough guy, mob boss, etc. He’s like a dude cosplaying as what he thinks a rapper should be. He also helped usher in this current era of thot rap by co-signing City Girls, Sexy Red, et al. Dude has been an overall negative for the culture.

And I’m glad he’s getting curb stomped. :yeshrug:

Last edited: