Joe Budden: "It says something that nobody outside of Birdman is saying something in support of Drake." Drake violates the friend code

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
The fact that almost everyone that Drake has worked with for YEARS ended up having a problem with him says a lot

Breh I'm still trying to figure out what went wrong with Future/Drake. That was like the "Best of Both Worlds" with lean and trap beats.

Dude really must be a complete pain in the ass to deal with and a unpleasant individual to introduce to your chick :francis:

Scaaar

Superstar
Daps
Yeah. Drake definitely misstepped on this one. I think he thought this was going to be the Meek situation. 1-3 tracks and some internet memes and then social media was going to handle the rest. He just forgot that Kdot was an actual rapper that doesn't really post so the social media angle wasn't going to work. You gotta get in the booth. And the stuff Kdot was saying whether true or not aligned with Drake's character profile and sketchy stuff that has been posted through the years so social media sided with him. But I've heard Drake has done a lot of brehs like he did Weezy when it comes to their gal so I see why they don't mess with him personally

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I read thread title as Joe Biden saying this :dead:

"The good American people...I come to you to day to address this Drake and Kendrick Lamar matter...as this war could be a threat towards national security........so I will put a law in effect to fund the Canadian embassy and the good people of israel to help settle this matter"

Marsupial: :why: OKAY I GUESS

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
I got no dog in the fight, but I think 2 things are compounding. Drake appears to move funny style, which I think we've seen the tendencies from videos prior to his rap career as well as some of the stories from people behind the scenes.

I think the other the thing is the bystander effect can happen when mobs of people begin attacking someone. No one wants to directly step in and potentially get caught up in the accusations or any collateral damage that could result in supporting him.

For the record, I don't think dude is a pedophile or even has another kid he's hiding. BUT he clearly has uncomfortable interactions with people damn near half his age. And the fact that he hid his first child, makes the second child storyline seem believable.

I'll be honest... if I was in the industry, unless I was in OVO/young monay/cash monay myself, I wouldn't stand up for him either because he's moved in a funny style fashion for the entire duration of his career and people like to tear down those conspicuously on top as long as he's been.

I think Kendrick won, but I think song for song it's a closer battle than people want to admit.

I agree with all this except the bolded, hes for sure knocked down some underage teeny boppers. Im like 50% convinced at this point.

The Minister Of Culture

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
when you are the greatest entertainer that has ever existed, of course you will not have no support.
TV gif. Charlie Murphy on the Chappelle Show, dressed in a striped gray suit with a black curly-hair piece, looks down over a conference table skeptically, then cracks up emphatically and high-fives the other men in the room.

ReasonableMatic

Daps
Didn’t Drake fukk Wayne’s lady?

Drake on his own out here
:unimpressed:

862126b0c5175e39be8208b4c3bb8445_xl.jpg

I lost my mind, it's somewhere out there stranded
I think you stand under me if you don't understand me

Had my heart broken by this woman named Tammy
But hoes gon' be hoes, so I couldn't blame Tammy

- Lil Wayne (6 foot 7 foot, 2011)

Fukked on Wayne girl while he was in jail, that's conniving

Then got his face tatted like a BYTCH, apologizing

- Kendrick Lamar (Not Like Us, 2024)

Last edited:

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
I agree with all this except the bolded, hes for sure knocked down some underage teeny boppers. Im like 50% convinced at this point.
Yeah, I'm not going to put that into the aether, but I know "grooming" in the truest fashion resembles just being a friend to underage chicks until they become "of-age"...

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Kind of a reach imo. When have we ever cared about who showed "support" during a rap beef?
Who supported Drake during the Pusha T beef that is ghost now?
Far as so many people in the industry hating Drake, that's wild I guess. Especially considering Drake probably works with more artists than any of these nikkas. His relationships seem random as shyt so maybe it takes certain type of personality to mesh with dude. But again when have we ever cared about who had friends in the industry