Joe Budden Claims He Has A Better Mixtape Catalog Than Lil Wayne & 50 Cent

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mixtape Budden is a top 10 mixtape artist IMO for sure

I wouldn't put his mixtape catalog above some of the others he mentioned tho

Its hard for anyone to compare their mixtape catalog to someone like Wayne who has like 30 of em and 75-80% of that many are memorable

Some of these replies are surprising to me tho... SOHH and early Coli days, ppl would argue Budden was the best at mixtapes

raoulduke187

All Star
Daps
it's way past due somebody smack the head off this gossipin broad ass nikka man

nikka like an annoying ass 40 year old lady that won't shut up

NOBODY LISTENS TO YOUR shyt BRUH YOU AINT NEVER BEEN ON YOU HAD ONE JOINT AND THAT shyt WAS LUKEWARM AT BEST

tf is a Mood music this some shyt for nikkas wearing tight ass polo shirts smelling like lavender cologne to throw on when they be vibin

mfs need to seriously get all the way outta here with that shyt :pacspit:

jerzboy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Now that I think about it, once you zoom out to cultural impact, Budden has much more lasting and defining footprints. Or check that, good footprints

Budden has a legitimate claim to 3 things: rappers talking mental health, vulnerability in raps or ‘emo’ rap, and most importantly utlizing the internet to go straight to consumer. Budden was mocked for having “internet fans”, which sounds CRAZY to say now.

Wayne’s legacy when you zoom out is the birth of the druggie simp rapper AND overall culture. The transition from dealer to addict. From pimp to simp. We went from ‘you’re only a customer’ :myman:to ‘I feel like dying’ :snoop: We went from Nore giving Superhead her name and nggas runnin thru chicks and being above them, to Wayne wifing Superhead and ‘I don’t care if you was a prostitute….’

Even Wayne’s greatest ‘creation’, Drake, is actually a direct offspring of Budden.
Agree a lot with what you said, shyt I’m a fan of Joe. I’ll check what he said in the video later, but and I say buy, if he’s talking about impact, then it’s nowhere close. As a rap fan though, I could agree. The mood series was incredible

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
1. That’s some retarded ass logic, apparently you, who has never made music (I’m assuming?) are qualified to talk music on this forum, but Joe Budden, despite releasing a number of critically acclaimed mixtapes, isn’t qualified because he’s retired from music now?

2. False, Mood Muzik 1, 2, 3, 4, 4.5, Loose Quarter, Escape Route, Some Love Lost, Halfway House > Dedication 1 & 2, Da Drought 3 and the other 27 bullshyt redundant ass tapes that Wayne has released

Whether I make music or not :sas2: I'm qualified as a consumer to speak on whatever music I choose, especially as a nuetral party/listener.

And Nah Budden isn't qualified because he is doing his typical gas lighting by getting at his peers/trying to prop himself at the sametime while using that 'I'm retired' shyt as a crutch to dodge smoke. Breh has been using that podcast avenue to disguise his hater tendacies/get his work off there because it didn't get any traction musically.

IMO Mood Muzik is his best series of work and contains a couple classics. I've spoke on/gave Joe accolades on here before.

Personally I've been a fan of yours since cats thought you were Rasheed Wallce breh :myman:

"Put the bird to your chest like an Atlanta Hawks jersey" or something like that, whatever the case you were top of the line with the punches and gave Hov no choice but to duck you :salute:

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Whether I make music or not :sas2: I'm qualified as a consumer to speak on whatever music I choose, especially as a nuetral party/listener.

And Nah Budden isn't qualified because he is doing his typical gas lighting by getting at his peers/trying to prop himself at the sametime while using that 'I'm retired' shyt as a crutch to dodge smoke. Breh has been using that podcast avenue to disguise his hater tendacies/get his work off there because it didn't get any traction musically.

IMO Mood Muzik is his best series of work and contains a couple classics. I've spoke on/gave Joe accolades on here before.

Personally I've been a fan of yours since cats thought you were Rasheed Wallce breh :myman:

"Put the bird to your chest like an Atlanta Hawks jersey" or something like that, whatever the case you were top of the line with the punches and gave Hov no choice but to duck you :salute:

:francis:

:ehh:

Thanks, I appreciate the love

SQUAAAAD UP

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Nggas talkin bout ‘not even a debate’. :snoop::mjpls: When we say revisionist history and fighting bias, this is what we mean….

In 2012, in REAL time, when mixtapes were still being dropped, XXL still had credibility, when Budden was still active, before love and hip hop, before the pod, before the Drake beef, before Budden became a mainstream entity, Mood Muzik was picked as the best mixtape series of all time. No fluff no politics no dikkriding just an objective hip hop take

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Nggas talkin bout ‘not even a debate’. :snoop::mjpls: When we say revisionist history and fighting bias, this is what we mean….

In 2012, in REAL time, when mixtapes were still being dropped, XXL still had credibility, when Budden was still active, before love and hip hop, before the pod, before the Drake beef, before Budden became a mainstream entity, Mood Muzik was picked as the best mixtape series of all time. No fluff no politics no dikkriding just an objective hip hop take

This coulda closed the thread if it was posted early.

In real fukking time, he was being ranked over Wayne. And it wasn't like he had any sway or favoritism coming his way at any point in his career, any love/respect he got, he gritted it out for it.

While I'm glad he's found a lane I hate Podcast Joe because nikkas it moves an already underrated rap career further to the background for surface level shyt.

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Y'all Joe Buddens fans be killing me :russ: what the fukk is a Mood Muzik?
hqdefault.jpg

H.J.Duck

Superstar
Daps
Budden is a despicable human being, a terrible friend and a habitual liar, but he's right about this one.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mixtape Budden is a top 10 mixtape artist IMO for sure

I wouldn't put his mixtape catalog above some of the others he mentioned tho

Its hard for anyone to compare their mixtape catalog to someone like Wayne who has like 30 of em and 75-80% of that many are memorable

Some of these replies are surprising to me tho... SOHH and early Coli days, ppl would argue Budden was the best at mixtapes

Completely different era/times, the ONLY thing people really knew about Joe in the Sohh days was that he rapped and he was fukking great at it, people had no other perception of Joe other than that he was an extremely skilled and personal lyricist that was anti industry…no twitter, no Podcast, no insta…shyt I don’t think he’d even really started with Joe Budden Tv at that point.

Up until he started making the blog era work for him and making his own platform is was extremely rare to see him in any kind of interview unless it was for something like Allhiphop

Its sorta like, how people would view Game as an MC if you ONLY had his albums to judge him by

Last edited:

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
f
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Lil wayne made anthems and most of his best songs are stuck on those tapes

50 cent took the remix and remake other people song forumla and it ran in hip-hop for almost 10 years..

Joe budden back on the dust

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Completely different era/times, the ONLY thing people really knew about Joe in the Sohh days was that he rapped and he was fukking great at it, people had no other perception of Joe other than that he was an extremely skilled and personal lyricist that was anti industry…no twitter, no Podcast, no insta…shyt I don’t think he’d even really started with Joe Budden Tv at that point.

Up until he started making the blog era work for him and making his own platform is was extremely rare to see him in any kind of interview unless it was for something like Allhiphop

Its sorta like, how people would view Game as an MC if you ONLY had his albums to judge him by
Great analogy..

Similar to Meek Mill. Him on social media kinda tainted his material

I still consider Joe considerably high in regards to all time mixtape artists though I see his personal opinion on today's climate garner hate and Pump it Up jokes.... but that's a great point you made

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
I prefer Budden over Wayne but 50’s mixtape along with the G-Unit stuff is hard to match up against. Those remixes are sometimes better or near close to the originals.