Joe Budden Claims He Has A Better Mixtape Catalog Than Lil Wayne & 50 Cent

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Joe might be the rapper who loves himself the most of all times.
Not even Jay-z, Drake, Kanye or Kendrick love themselves that much in relative terms. He also made like 7 below average albums, independently! Like how can you even make a wack album independently, where you are given all degrees of creative freedom.

He made 2 solid mixtapes and thinks he is a legendary rapper. Damn near every rapper we can name has two solid mixtapes. Or we wouldn't have been able to name them

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Just because the music was good, doesn’t mean it was IMPACTFUL which it has to be, imo, to be in that convo. Joe’s mixtape run moved no needles except with people who listened to him

Pac said it best: “I'm not saying I'm gonna change the world, but I guarantee that I will spark the brain that will change the world.”

Here of all places, it’s important to keep track of the less popular artists who inspired the people that the masses consider impactful. If you just look at final outcome that’s how history gets erased and how appropriation happens. That’s how you get people thinking John Cena created that dance, that Drake was the first singing rapper, etc.

Nah you gotta keep track—-if you’re really about this hip hop shyt—the less popular originators. Yayo created that dance, Phonte influenced Drake, Joe Budden influenced Drake, young Chris inspired that whisper flow, etc.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
joe gotta stop.

he might be able to argue top 10-20. but better than wayne/50's run? no possible way in hell. not up for debate.

joe's run changed how he was perceived as an MC, and influenced some very important rappers along the way (drake most notably). their runs were before/after moments on the culture.

Yecht

Superstar
Daps
Somebody needs to put Joe's face on the CAC in this gif

fa774cb7c46c50417a06e07c47d9a298.gif

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
50 no, Wayne yes…all Wayne’s mixtapes out side of Dedication 1 & 2 and Da Drought are ass mostly

Joe either needs to get back in the booth or shut the fukk up in regard to making such claims

He cant compare two existing mixtape discographies just because he’s retired from music? What does your post have to do with anything lol

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
Now that I think about it, once you zoom out to cultural impact, Budden has much more lasting and defining footprints. Or check that, good footprints

Budden has a legitimate claim to 3 things: rappers talking mental health, vulnerability in raps or ‘emo’ rap, and most importantly utlizing the internet to go straight to consumer. Budden was mocked for having “internet fans”, which sounds CRAZY to say now.

Wayne’s legacy when you zoom out is the birth of the druggie simp rapper AND overall culture. The transition from dealer to addict. From pimp to simp. We went from ‘you’re only a customer’ :myman:to ‘I feel like dying’ :snoop: We went from Nore giving Superhead her name and nggas runnin thru chicks and being above them, to Wayne wifing Superhead and ‘I don’t care if you was a prostitute….’

Even Wayne’s greatest ‘creation’, Drake, is actually a direct offspring of Budden.
is this budden, parks, ish or ice?

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
budden has a nice mixtape catalogue but not even close to the best. he's always giving himself more credit than he deserve and has all of the classic narcissist and bipolar syndrome symptoms.

wayne, 50, jeezy, future, jadakiss, dipset, gucci mane, styles p, TI, the game, fabolous, currency, lloyd banks

i'm sure there's more but you can say most of the artists listed above have a more memorable mixtape catalogue and impact than budden.

cheapshot

Pro
Daps
Any remember Joe Budden "The Growth" that was hyped. Was it supposed to be a mixtape or album? It never came :heh:
Wasn't the Growth and Mood Muzik 2 basically the same thing? Joe couldn't get a release date for his second album and he put out MM2 to get a buzz. Who is putting snippets on a mixtape that has skits?

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
50 no, Wayne yes…all Wayne’s mixtapes out side of Dedication 1 & 2 and Da Drought are ass mostly

He cant compare two existing mixtape discographies just because he’s retired from music? What does your post have to do with anything lol

1.) Joe is retired/not a rapper anymore he can't speak on cats still doing it

2.) Joe's mixtape discography isn't better than theirs, so he needs to get in the lab/as there is more work to do.

You alright with that Joe? :sas2:

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1.) Joe is retired/not a rapper anymore he can't speak on cats still doing it

2.) Joe's mixtape discography isn't better than theirs, so he needs to get in the lab/as there is more work to do.

You alright with that Joe? :sas2:
1. That’s some retarded ass logic, apparently you, who has never made music (I’m assuming?) are qualified to talk music on this forum, but Joe Budden, despite releasing a number of critically acclaimed mixtapes, isn’t qualified because he’s retired from music now?

2. False, Mood Muzik 1, 2, 3, 4, 4.5, Loose Quarter, Escape Route, Some Love Lost, Halfway House > Dedication 1 & 2, Da Drought 3 and the other 27 bullshyt redundant ass tapes that Wayne has released

Last edited: