Joe Budden Claims He Has A Better Mixtape Catalog Than Lil Wayne & 50 Cent

Feed-Me

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Budden has dope tapes but 50, (G unit) Wayne, dipset and fab have better overall. Being in the top 5/10 isn't an L. I fukk with buddens tape but 50 and Wayne kill him off impact alone

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
This is a mixtape conversation bruh. You keep making popularity based arguments. If you was there :childplease: you wouldn’t be making these types of arguments. Any casual, cac, or youngin can just blurt out the same ol ’Dedication and G Unit!’ :obama:

The mixtape scene was much bigger than those 2 popular artists so idk what you mean ‘love’. Budden was highly acclaimed in real time. There was no rating board or governing in the early 2000s—-nor would it be easy to find now—-so a 2012 list is the best we gon do. To discredit the whole thing bc it doesn’t align with YOUR view is rather comical.

But again, Currensy was a monster. Sean Price. Krit. Below the heavens. I look at any ngga who can only appreciate Wayne and G Unit funny :childplease:
I’m saying even among underground hip hop heads who listened to mixtapes and discussed it onlin, the majority did not fukk with Joe Budden. Compared to Currensy and Sean P who have always been consensus fan favorites

Omerta

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OZ via El Barrio
Can I ask a question, I have no dog in this fight and enjoy reading the knowledge dropped.

1 - Should an artist be viewed lesser if they drop good mixtapes but weak albums? I’m talking consistently, like they have 0 good albums

2- Mood Muzik series in real time was good. But does it have anywhere near the replay value of tapes from the likes of Ross, Jeezy, Banks? (who aren’t even tier 1 mixtape artists)

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
XXL had very little credibility in 2012. People had been stopped reading magazines by then

This is called critical acclaim which is cool. But if you are claiming in "real time" that Budden's mixtapes were getting the same amount of love as Wayne and 50 you are a liar or smoking crack

I'd still give XXL in the mixtape era more credibility than rando coli posters.

And nobody is arguing wether the more popular rapper, put out more popular mixtapes, that's some 2+2 shyt, critical acclaim and quality is another. Acting like Budden isn't even in the convo is insane, to me at least.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Can I ask a question, I have no dog in this fight and enjoy reading the knowledge dropped.

1 - Should an artist be viewed lesser if they drop good mixtapes but weak albums? I’m talking consistently, like they have 0 good albums

2- Mood Muzik series in real time was good. But does it have anywhere near the replay value of tapes from the likes of Ross, Jeezy, Banks? (who aren’t even tier 1 mixtape artists)

Banks isn't a tier 1 mixtape artist?

:aicmon:

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
I was buying 2-4 mixtapes every week for a couple years.....can't lie I've never heard a Joe budden tape :hubie:

for sure heard some verses from him on some shyt I had tho......but :manny:

Braman

Superstar
Daps
I’m saying even among underground hip hop heads who listened to mixtapes and discussed it onlin, the majority did not fukk with Joe Budden. Compared to Currensy and Sean P who have always been consensus fan favorites

Budden always been an unlikable dude. That’s more about that

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
There was a stretch where he was blessing Clue tapes right next to Fab. Budden is one of those characters where an objective convo isn't possible due to his shenanigans.

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
even tho this dude from jersey

this just another episode of new york worshippers being highly delusional dikkeaters lol