Joe Budden Claims He Has A Better Mixtape Catalog Than Lil Wayne & 50 Cent

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Nobody cares about Budden the rapper. His legacy will forever be a butthurt podcaster.

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
Nggas talkin bout ‘not even a debate’. :snoop::mjpls: When we say revisionist history and fighting bias, this is what we mean….

In 2012, in REAL time, when mixtapes were still being dropped, XXL still had credibility, when Budden was still active, before love and hip hop, before the pod, before the Drake beef, before Budden became a mainstream entity, Mood Muzik was picked as the best mixtape series of all time. No fluff no politics no dikkriding just an objective hip hop take

This coulda closed the thread if it was posted early.

In real fukking time, he was being ranked over Wayne. And it wasn't like he had any sway or favoritism coming his way at any point in his career, any love/respect he got, he gritted it out for it.

While I'm glad he's found a lane I hate Podcast Joe because nikkas it moves an already underrated rap career further to the background for surface level shyt.
XXL had very little credibility in 2012. People had been stopped reading magazines by then

This is called critical acclaim which is cool. But if you are claiming in "real time" that Budden's mixtapes were getting the same amount of love as Wayne and 50 you are a liar or smoking crack

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mixtape Budden is a top 10 mixtape artist IMO for sure

I wouldn't put his mixtape catalog above some of the others he mentioned tho

Its hard for anyone to compare their mixtape catalog to someone like Wayne who has like 30 of em and 75-80% of that many are memorable

Some of these replies are surprising to me tho... SOHH and early Coli days, ppl would argue Budden was the best at mixtapes

he 100% had his moment. count me among those who would've been arguing that budden was one of the best during his mixtape run. but again, imo joe's best mixtapes just proved he was an excellent fukking rapper.

what wayne and 50 did was different. they hit the hip hop purists too. but they took over the clubs, the streets, and the airwaves with mixtapes (i still remember when hot 97 dj's were playing that horribly mixed version of banks victory because early on the mixtape version was the only version). and when you look at those runs as a whole... budden cant run that race. too much quantity. too much quality. too much impact.

you couldn't let a nikka "borrow" 50 cent is the future, no mercy/no fear, or god's plan. you would never, ever see that shyt again. same with dedication 2, drought 3, no ceilings.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
XXL had very little credibility in 2012. People had been stopped reading magazines by then

This is called critical acclaim which is cool. But if you are claiming in "real time" that Budden's mixtapes were getting the same amount of love as Wayne and 50 you are a liar or smoking crack

that list is horrible. how you got royce on that list but not re-up? how is banks on the list but not g-unit, and how in the actual fukk are cam'ron and vado on the list but not dipset?? there is no criteria that can justify those omissions. the fact they tried to justify 'em anyway just proves this is a trash ass list lol.

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
that list is horrible. how you got royce on that list but not re-up? how is banks on the list but not g-unit, and how in the actual fukk are cam'ron and vado on the list but not dipset?? there is no criteria that can justify those omissions. the fact they tried to justify 'em anyway just proves this is a trash ass list lol.
I didn’t even look at the list but apparently I didn’t need to lol. This must’ve been put together by a Slaughterhouse fan

Braman

Superstar
Daps
But if you are claiming in "real time" that Budden's mixtapes were getting the same amount of love as Wayne and 50 you are a liar or smoking crack

This is a mixtape conversation bruh. You keep making popularity based arguments. If you was there :childplease: you wouldn’t be making these types of arguments. Any casual, cac, or youngin can just blurt out the same ol ’Dedication and G Unit!’ :obama:

The mixtape scene was much bigger than those 2 popular artists so idk what you mean ‘love’. Budden was highly acclaimed in real time. There was no rating board or governing in the early 2000s—-nor would it be easy to find now—-so a 2012 list is the best we gon do. To discredit the whole thing bc it doesn’t align with YOUR view is rather comical.

But again, Currensy was a monster. Sean Price. Krit. Below the heavens. I look at any ngga who can only appreciate Wayne and G Unit funny :childplease:

Last edited:

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is a mixtape conversation bruh. You keep making popularity based arguments. If you was there :childplease: you wouldn’t be making these types of arguments. Any casual, cac, or youngin can just blurt out the same ol ’Dedication and G Unit!’ :obama:

The mixtape scene was much bigger than those 2 popular artists so idk what you mean ‘love’. Budden was highly acclaimed in real time. There was no rating board or governing in the early 2000s—-nor would it be easy to find now—-so a 2012 list is the best we gon do. To discredit the whole thing bc it doesn’t align with YOUR view is rather comical.

But again, Currensy was a monster. Sean Price. Krit. Below the heavens. I look at any ngga who can only appreciate Wayne and G Unit funny :childplease:

you have to factor in other factors like popularity when everyone on the list was highly acclaimed, and the goal is to determine who was the best.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
you have to factor in other factors like popularity when everyone on the list was highly acclaimed, and the goal is to determine who was the best.
eddie-murphy-trading-places.gif

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Now that I think about it, once you zoom out to cultural impact, Budden has much more lasting and defining footprints. Or check that, good footprints

Budden has a legitimate claim to 3 things: rappers talking mental health, vulnerability in raps or ‘emo’ rap, and most importantly utlizing the internet to go straight to consumer. Budden was mocked for having “internet fans”, which sounds CRAZY to say now.

Wayne’s legacy when you zoom out is the birth of the druggie simp rapper AND overall culture. The transition from dealer to addict. From pimp to simp. We went from ‘you’re only a customer’ :myman:to ‘I feel like dying’ :snoop: We went from Nore giving Superhead her name and nggas runnin thru chicks and being above them, to Wayne wifing Superhead and ‘I don’t care if you was a prostitute….’

Even Wayne’s greatest ‘creation’, Drake, is actually a direct offspring of Budden.

None of this shyt joe budden pioneered or aided.
Bcc is who made online a thing.
Ll cool j made emo. Which was made a draw by slug based on race.
Joe budden is just a zygote killer and made music about. Being a bytch made zygote killer.
Mad a girl would not get an abortion. All because he failed to wear a condom.
Dude is a deflection artist and a bytchmade goofie.

Joe budden is a troll joke by defjam to jayz. Before jayz pulled a double backdoor coup on lyor and Dame. To be head of rocafella

Joe budden is not a pioneer. Nor is Joe budden a draw.
I made sure of that.

Only people who like Joe budden are goofies.
Period.

fukk any and everything about Joe budden.

Ol underskilled bytch made label plant trash rapper.

fukk joe budden.

Art Barr

Last edited:

Braman

Superstar
Daps
None of this shyt joe budden pioneered or aided.
Bcc is who made online a thing.
Ll cool j made emo. Which was made a draw by slug based on race.
Joe budden is just a zygote killer and made music about. Being a bytch made zygote killer.
Mad a girl would. Ot grt an abortion. All because he failed to wear a condom.
Dude is a deflection artist and a bytchmade goofie.

Joe budden is a troll joke by defjam to jayz. Before jayz pulled a double backdoor coup on lyor and Dame. To be head of rocafella

Joe budden is not a pioneer. Nor is Joe budden a draw.
I made sure of that.

Only people who like Joe budden are goofies.
Period.

fukk any and everything about Joe budden.

Ol underskilled bytch made label plant trash rapper.

fukk joe budden.

Art Barr
:laff:

I mean…shyt you got it :pachaha: