Joe Budden and Crooked I say "It Was Written" was even better than "Illmatic"

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
it's the truth though. i'll even say that raekwon sucked on criminolgy, and they both were pretty weak on heaven or hell, rza's production made those classics. rae got completely swallowed up on northstar by the production, amazing instrumental though.

spot rushers wasn't so greatly executed either, and ghost was pretty average on wisdom body.

:snoop: at your whole post. Get the fukk outta here man.

You sound like someone that copped "OB4CL" last week and are applying a hipster "I gotta criticize everything" 2012 mentality to it.

And if you actually did have the album in '95, who the fukk were you around that would co-sign the shyt you're saying?

:laugh: at "Rae sucked on Criminology". Boy stop.

Fred.

mr x

Superstar
Daps
I remember a clip where budden and royce were arguing with Charles Hamilton. They said LL was the GOAT, and Charles said Rakim and KRS was better. They acted like Charles was crazy or something, and said he's too young to know.

what yall think?

here's the clip

Last edited by a moderator:

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
That was Joe finding the ONE person he could bully but also sort of reminding the younger heads that LL, despite his goofy MR Smith era, was the original best MC on the planet at one time.

Joe is a lame though. And Royce is a sucker too.

CHAIN

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Cabo Verde
Damn, i think I'm gon have to cosign big mel on this one, he's actually right lol

it was written was a huge disappointment, especially to the wu/bcc heads (being a purist /backpacker in those days was the norm, ppl felt like he sold out cause he was “the one“ , i like watch them nikkas nowadays but hearing nas over some fake g-funk smoothed out shyt in 96 was confusing. IWW isn't even better than Hell On Eartg or Ironman, is it more diverse? yes. Was he spitting on it? yes but this is when he started losing the energy in his flow. “hang‘ em high court rooms filled up its off the hook while i just wrote a statement “the delivery was weak as fukk, and he had a few of these moments on iww.
Joe budden is a contrarian ass nikka, he‘ll say anything to just be different, he thinks soulja boy is dope...he doesn't even believe that

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
As far as the topic at hand I expect most people to like "IWW" more than "Illmatic" because only the real die-hard hip-hop heads were bumping "Illmatic". He crossed over to the masses with "IWW".

Fred.

profound

technique
Daps
Boy stop.

:huhldup:

all u do is mimic standard opinions and black ways of talking to show everyone how black u think u are. the only original post from u will be one defending and/or praising eminem but how original is that for someone white.

ur stinkin up the new site smell with that old shyt :stopitslime:

Scotch Hall

All Star
Daps
Reppin
#TSC and surgical shoes
I think I know of other people that feel that way, most are scared because what those "real rap" fans will say :smh:

I think most of the rap media hated how NaS got more fans after IWW, their complaints never made sense too me. Duke was talking street ish on both albums. Some people put too much faith into the source and all those rap magazines. The people that could explain their gripes with the album I respect like Big Mel. Most other people though can't even explain why they don't like the album without sounding like a tool.

JayBaldacci

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:snoop: at your whole post. Get the fukk outta here man.

You sound like someone that copped "OB4CL" last week and are applying a hipster "I gotta criticize everything" 2012 mentality to it.

And if you actually did have the album in '95, who the fukk were you around that would co-sign the shyt you're saying?

:laugh: at "Rae sucked on Criminology". Boy stop.

Fred.

just observations duke. far from a hipster. raekwon was better lyrically on his immobilarity album looking back. his flow was far better on ironman than ob4cl, and he wasn't getting embarrassed by ghostface.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
they both classics
for different reasons
it really comes down to preference and in most cases, which album you heard first.

illmatic is better in my opinion

memory lane is flawless

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:huhldup:

all u do is mimic standard opinions and black ways of talking to show everyone how black u think u are. the only original post from u will be one defending and/or praising eminem but how original is that for someone white.

ur stinkin up the new site smell with that old shyt :stopitslime:

Shut your stupid ass up. Unlike these other posters that play make-believe on the internet I let people know from day 1 what color I am.

And certain opinions are standard because the alternative is fukking stupid. Like sitting here saying Rae or Ghost sucked on "OB4CL"....it's dumb, attention whoring at it's best.

I don't even know what the hell you're talking about with the Em shyt. If you don't like me here I suggest you head back to SOHH, because I ain't going anywhere.

Fred.