Joe Budden and Crooked I say "It Was Written" was even better than "Illmatic"

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
people tend to ride represent because it's primo production i feel.

mc8 isn't better than ghostface. but nas, jay, biggie and az were better lyrically on their mafioso albums than rae and ghost on the purple tape, the purple tape was backed by rza which made it unbeatable overall.

congrats. you've been stamped.

JayBaldacci

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
maybe, but one time for your mind is seen as filler by many people(i think he didn't even bother to do it live at rock the bells last year while doing every other song, i may be wrong though.)

Gifted one

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Both Classic albums at the end of the day, but to me Nas flow was more polished on IWW

JayBaldacci

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
congrats. you've been stamped.

it's the truth though. i'll even say that raekwon sucked on criminolgy, and they both were pretty weak on heaven or hell, rza's production made those classics. rae got completely swallowed up on northstar by the production, amazing instrumental though.

spot rushers wasn't so greatly executed either, and ghost was pretty average on wisdom body.

profound

technique
Daps
its not everyday I agree with garbage ass irrelevant rappers. not today either :skip:

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
it's the truth though. i'll even say that raekwon sucked on criminolgy, and they both were pretty weak on heaven or hell, rza's production made those classics. rae got completely swallowed up on northstar by the production, amazing instrumental though.

spot rushers wasn't so greatly executed either, and ghost was pretty average on wisdom body.

i see you. you had me going for a bit. do trolls eat these?:

:hamster:

That Singer Guy...

TiMeLeSs Moderator
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Knoxville, Tn
Its become hard for me to take Big Mel's opinion serious since he hates mostly everything.

different strokes for different folks :yeshrug:

Juliano Soprano

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
IWW is my favorite hip hop album. But I will always understand people who look at Illmatic as the GOAT album...the thing I will never understand is why these Illmatic stans don't fukk with IWW.

Even if it is a totally different sound, Nas executed that new sound damn near perfectly.

JayBaldacci

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i see you. you had me going for a bit. do trolls eat these?:

:hamster:

i'm not trolling at all actually. spot rushers is no shootouts, nikkas bleed etc.
you think rae spit a quality verse on criminology?

rae was also average on can it be all so simple, ghost made that track what it was.

the reason i brought up the purple tape is because i'm sure you think highly of it and shyt on nas for it was written because of his performace, when his perfomance was better than rae's on the purple tape.

on top of that, illmatic nasty nas purtists just hang on to the one or 2 flaws on it was written(nas is comming and smoothed out production which i don't see as a flaw, especially if he sounds better on that type of production) and overlook everything he did better.

KTD2

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I prefer It Was Written just because it was what put me on to Nas but I'm not sure if it's the better album.

Nasty era mafioso type Nas is my personal fave.

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
i'm not trolling at all actually. spot rushers is no shootouts, nikkas bleed etc.
you think rae spit a quality verse on criminology?

rae was also average on can it be all so simple, ghost made that track what it was.

the reason i brought up the purple tape is because i'm sure you think highly of it and shyt on nas for it was written because of his performace, when his perfomance was better than rae's on the purple tape.

on top of that, illmatic nasty nas purtists just hang on to the one or 2 flaws on it was written(nas is comming and smoothed out production which i don't see as a flaw, especially if he sounds better on that type of production) and overlook everything he did better.

Still hungry?

:hamster::hamster: