Joe Budden and Crooked I say "It Was Written" was even better than "Illmatic"

zerozero

Superstar
Daps
because if we aren't listening to Lupe we MUST be jamming Weezy!

I'm sure you're listening to homeboy sandman and whatever buckshot just put out and so on :snoop: like I said, I'll take your critiques of good rappers seriously when you show an ounce of that attitude towards bad rappers who happen to be 80% of the discussion topics round here.

Non Sequitur

Creep.
Daps
Reppin
The 3rd Degree
It is fascinating to me that out of all the bullshyt you guys hear it is Lupe you can't figure out the content for

Man...! What the fukk is Rick Ross saying! Lil Wayne? What about that shadow of an artist The Game! Oh you guys can figure them out alright with their deep thoughts and all

you sound like a 20 year old who just learned to be disdainful. I await you maturation.

I understand him just fine. That's how I know he's not saying shyt. I don't really check for the other guys you named like that either, but at least they're not masquerading as some "real HipHop saviour." That's the really insulting part.

Non Sequitur

Creep.
Daps
Reppin
The 3rd Degree
I'm sure you're listening to homeboy sandman and whatever buckshot just put out and so on :snoop: like I said, I'll take your critiques of good rappers seriously when you show an ounce of that attitude towards bad rappers who happen to be 80% of the discussion topics round here.

Sandman is dope, wish he would have stayed with Re-Up Gang.

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone

Lupe irritates me more. Probably because he's actually showered with praise for his craft where the others are sort of maligned. Plus he looks like a fidget.

look at this smiley!

:leostare:

should have been used a page or so back.

zerozero

Superstar
Daps
So we're back in the weeds of selective standards. It's okay to saturate hip hop with wackness as long as you don't pretend to care. When you do care, wrath is upon you.

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
he cares? is that why he recorded Lasers? is that why he butchered his Tribe tribute and then dismissed their standing in his world as a result?

Non Sequitur

Creep.
Daps
Reppin
The 3rd Degree
So we're back in the weeds of selective standards. It's okay to saturate hip hop with wackness as long as you don't pretend to care. When you do care, wrath is upon you.

Just because you own a well worn thesaurus doesn't mean you're dope. Just because you don't know what a multi is, doesn't mean you're wack. It comes down to what the artist's goal was, and whether or not they achieved it. If 2 Chainz aimed low and hit his target, I can rock with it. If Lupe aimed high and missed, I can't fukk with it. Shoot me.

Peruvian Connect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just because you own a well worn thesaurus doesn't mean you're dope. Just because you don't know what a multi is, doesn't mean you're wack. It comes down to what the artist's goal was, and whether or not they achieved it. If 2 Chainz aimed low and hit his target, I can rock with it. If Lupe aimed high and missed, I can't fukk with it. Shoot me.

WTF? I don't know any Lupe songs. But 2 Chainz is wack. I don't care what he was aiming at. He's a likeable wack. He's what Mark madsen was for the lakers a loveable bench warmer. Lupe is more Harold Miner/Isaiah "Don't Call Me J.R." Ryder, lots of hype pretty decent game but never able to match the hype and just disappeared.

Non Sequitur

Creep.
Daps
Reppin
The 3rd Degree
WTF? I don't know any Lupe songs. But 2 Chainz is wack. I don't care what he was aiming at. He's a likeable wack. He's what Mark madsen was for the lakers a loveable bench warmer. Lupe is more Harold Miner/Isaiah "Don't Call Me J.R." Ryder, lots of hype pretty decent game but never able to match the hype and just disappeared.

I agree with the player comparison, but 2 Chainz is more like Blake Griffin. Exciting to watch (listen to) but has little actual skill. And it remains to be seen where his career will end up.

Hannibal Fox

Eetwidomayloh
Daps
Reppin
Death To Spookism
real talk I will reiterate that I can't take any of y'all serious until you spend 10% as much time panning the actual wackness that emanates from every radio station as you do taking down the only handful of people who can still rap well

non sequitur, what the fukk are you listening to these days? the roots is wack to you. lupe is wack to you. you just like hearing yourself talk and/or listen to fukking tyga all day

The air must be pretty thin up there on your high horse.

I can't take you serious until you pan all the wackness on the radio :mjpls: were discussing Lupe right now not everybody on the radio.

And for the record I think 2chainz is garbage of the highest caliber but I do see why some people find him entertaining the same way I see why people check for Lupe.

And :laugh: at wanting to take people on the internet seriously your much better than this zero.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I actually like Ross...and Lu... :laugh:
Interesting conversation this was.
I prefer the Diamonds From Sierra Leone Remix
just cause Jigga ate yeezy on it
"I'm not a business man, I'm a business man, now let me handle my business damn !"