Joe Budden and Crooked I say "It Was Written" was even better than "Illmatic"

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
Lupe Fiasco - Gotta Eat - YouTube

I remember trying to force myself to like the horrid beats on this album and ignore the corniness wafting out of my speakers.:facepalm:

Get out while you still can zero! His catalogue is only going to get worse. :yayo:

oh my god that beat is beyond awful. holy shyt. that harkens back to the glory days of Megahertz and DJ Twinz production.

Clem

Get out my way, pimpin'.
Daps
Reppin
California
what "thing" is lupe lacking? just curious. is he not violent enough or sumn? lupe is a rapper who actually raps about something and stands for the betterment of people, on top of all that he's niiiice, whats the problem?
This is what I'm talking about when I say he has all the signifiers. Dude is just corny--he's such a pandering fukk it's ridiculous. Then you have people trying to hold him up like some incredible intellectual. Like someone else said it's smoke and mirrors. The Mt. Rushmore of smart dumb rappers is: KRS-One, Nas, and Lupe Fiasco.

the "don't ask me why" part is the part I find troubling, lol. dude is a black rapper who talked subversive about barack obama, coulda been career suicide. dude basically scolded a hip hop icon and made him sit in the corner for calling his team thieves. dude was reppin occupy wall street before other celebs jumped on it because it was the cool and current thing to do. dude's lead single for his new album is a "Troy" remake. etc... these things are what hip hop is all about to me
There is not a single thing that Lupe Fiasco does that Killer Mike doesn't do a hundred times better. Not a single damn thing.

Non Sequitur

Creep.
Daps
Reppin
The 3rd Degree
He did make an error wit the leg count..shyt happens.. but the song overall was good and went in context of the album...

Exactly. Why would someone compare the cheeseburger song to this? Might as well compare it to "I Gave You Power."

"Bu bu bu but didn't Nas make a song pretending to be a gun?"

:stopitslime:

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
i even liked the Chris brown song for a minute....for shame.

it was a greezy, guilty pleasure and i usually hate all things Chris Brown.

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
wait...i think Gold Watch was one of the beats i kinda liked...isn't that the one with the break Cypress used?

edit: yeah. this is one of the better beats on here IMO. The guitar and synths gay it up a bit but i always liked those chicks clucking away from Latin Lingo.

:yeshrug:

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
hey, i won't argue it. i was just happy to hear something resembling a break beat on that album when i bought it instead of the world music vibe he was known for. dude had a peruvian looking singer on all his songs wailing away.