Joe Budden and Crooked I say "It Was Written" was even better than "Illmatic"

Non Sequitur

Creep.
Daps
Reppin
The 3rd Degree
i caught a vibe from lupe as an "agenda" rapper. i heard his early shyt where hes banging, then hes a skatin concious dude, then hes doing his IWW impression telling gangsta tales cause his funding got busted for dope, i wont even go into the post the cool lupe. dudes always looking for a gimmick likes hes a wwf character. i like the era when guys just did what they did.

you dont see the greats do that shyt a lot

I agree with this post 100%

I used to be a fan, too. Then I realized he switches his image every 3 years all the while saying a whole lot to say very little.

I wonder who he'll be next year...

Just kidding, who gives a shyt? :snooze:

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
what about what he's saying? lol. i mean, does that count for nothing to you my g? seems like your dislike for him is 1000% subjective, there's nothing about it that's not all predicated on your own personal feelings. give me somethin solid (pause)

i don't know what he was saying. i was too distracted by the three ring circus of horseshyt going on visually.

plus, the song sucks. i don't generally pay attention to shytty songs.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
that even if it's Lupe's idea, it's a wack record. Typical of the Kanye and Lupe crowd to try and touch on something real and not at all know how to properly convey the proper energy and emotions behind it to truly make the record win.

they do it more from a "me" perspective then a "hey, wake up" perspective.

I wasn't even talking about Kanye's record..which I CLEARLY said was about the roc...I said he took Lupe's idea from his freestyle over the beat and made a video out of it..that vid ain't have shyt to do with the song...and then he went back and touched on it a Lil wit the remix...and that Diamonds freestyle by Lupe was fukkin crack...Lupe was beastin around that time and u prolly never even heard the freestyle to be talkin shyt about it...u MAD bias fam..its sickening...and mad transparent...its like u completely ignored my original point just to say somethin negative...

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
I haven't heard any of that shyt. it's pretty funny to me that you not only have, but can timeline all that nonsense.

And honestly, you just have bad taste. It's not my fault.

i bought F&L & The Cool upon their release and only liked a few joints on each....loved none.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
I haven't heard any of that shyt. it's pretty funny to me that you not only have, but can timeline all that nonsense.

And honestly, you just have bad taste. It's not my fault.

i bought F&L & The Cool upon their release and only liked a few joints on each....loved none.

I don't have bad taste..whatsoever nikka...this shyt I'm talkin bout was BEFORE FnL when Lupe was still a mixtape artist..u full of shyt..PERIOD..how the fukk u gonna come in and qoute me on a list to completely ignore my point..and shyt on something u NEVER heard?..what kinda hatin ass fugazi shyt is that?..that's mad wack of u Mel..

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
all i said was Diamonds was a wack record and Kanye & Lupe make those types of records poorly. you've pulled me into your world which i don't want to be in.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Truth, one of the worst records I've ever heard, very corny when you take into consideration what was being said and the person saying it.

Diamonds was about The Roc..I wasn't even discussing the quality of THAT song being that it wasn't about the subject matter...the VIDEO was the only thing about the conflict diamonds...and the remix..I was talkin bout the Lupe freestyle which influenced Kanye to even switch the premise of the song for the remix and make the video..

Hannibal Fox

Eetwidomayloh
Daps
Reppin
Death To Spookism
what "thing" is lupe lacking? just curious. is he not violent enough or sumn? lupe is a rapper who actually raps about something and stands for the betterment of people, on top of all that he's niiiice, whats the problem?

It Factor.

He's hollow like a lot of the these "complex" MC's no soul, totally devoid of character, no charisma, just bland and rap well mainly so they can beat you over the head with it, while being an annoying yet smartdumb douchebag.

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
okay. i vaguely remeber something along those lines. it was a Kanye song about roc a fella.

then lupe makes a freestyle about conflict daimonds over the beat...

the Kanye remixes it with new content and video?

i hate the beat, hate Kanye etc.

i can't be bothered with these lame rappers man. i have so much other stuff to listen to.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
all i said was Diamonds was a wack record and Kanye & Lupe make those types of records poorly. you've pulled me into your world which i don't want to be in.

But I wasn't talkin about kanye record or the quality of it at all..so that wasn't needed..I was talkin bout how Ye JACKED the premise for the video from the FREESTYLE Lupe did which is why Kanyes song didn't match the video...Lu's freestyle and Kanye's original daimonds song have nothing in common except the beat..cause Lupe took the fact that the song was called Daimonds and decided to talk about Africa...meaning ur feelings on the Kanye song was not needed..and ur feelings on the Lupe freestyle are irrelevant cause u NEVER HEARD the shyt...meaning u was just hatin and speakin hot air..

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
okay. i vaguely remeber something along those lines. it was a Kanye song about roc a fella.

i can't be bothered with these lame rappers man. i have so much other stuff to listen to.

exactly..which is why this whole back n forth was pointless and for no reason...other than the fact u wanted to say something..lol..

Hannibal Fox

Eetwidomayloh
Daps
Reppin
Death To Spookism
Diamonds was about The Roc..I wasn't even discussing the quality of THAT song being that it wasn't about the subject matter...the VIDEO was the only thing about the conflict diamonds...and the remix..I was talkin bout the Lupe freestyle which influenced Kanye to even switch the premise of the song for the remix and make the video..

:ohhh:

Didn't even know that props I need to go back to 20 post per page or something 40 posts be having me hopping in halfway.

Thought you was talking about this initially until Spliz' post above had to go re-read his posts to make sense of where the convo went :wow: & :to: I was feeling confused.

We need a young back confused smiley.