Joe Budden and Crooked I say "It Was Written" was even better than "Illmatic"

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
^^writer's block isnt for corny niccas like you b.

i know the actual skillset of jr better than you anyday...

as well as it bein one of my favorite mixtape series and artists of the 2ooo's.

you have never even written a reputed review of any wb,...let alone jr's skills.

i have almost a decade ago,..now.

nikka stop playing,..wit'cho ignorant goof ass.

go sit at home amd let your preggo nagg'n ass lady.

nag you till you make another siss-ass bytch ass thread about it.

not to mention,..i already lived the life predating jr.

that made it so he could get on from battling,..too.

art barr

art barr

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
i know the actual skillset of jr better than you anyday...

as well as it bein one of my favorite mixtape series and artists of the 2ooo's.

you have never even written a reputed review of any wb,...let alone jr's skills.

i have almost a decade ago,..now.

nikka stop playing,..wit'cho ignorant goof ass.

go sit at home amd let your preggo nagg'n ass lady.

nag you till you make another siss-ass bytch ass thread about it.

not to mention,..i already lived the life predating jr.

that made it so he could get on from battling,..too.

art barr

art barr

:leon: @ the bolded.

and yea, i forgot that you bang with that writer's block.

i take my Ls with no problem.

**falls back into oblivion for a few minutes**

but before i do that, the bottom line is that "it was written" is no masterpiece. i havnt listened to it in over a decade.

Clem

Get out my way, pimpin'.
Daps
Reppin
California
I think that Art Barr drops a lot of gem's; where the problem lies is the method in which he shares them. I'll admit that I'm not always especially patient with dude's posts but when I am, it usually feels worth it.

Lupe Fiasco and other rappers of his ilk (Slaughterhouse, Kendrick Lamar, Talib Kweli, etc.) really are hip-hop's version of fools gold. It's as if they contain the signifier's of what hip-hop should sound like but are lacking that 'thing'--but folks are so eager to buy into and champion shyt that they don't see it. Thinking about this in relation to what Art Barr, Big Mel, and others have posited about the cultural climate at the time of It Was Written's release it seems like kind of a funny coincidence that the lames from Slaughterhouse have both gone on record as preferring It Was Written to Illmatic.

It's as if preferring It Was Written to Illmatic dooms you to being talented but a fukking corny lame with corny lames for fans.

Aziatic > It Was Written

Music to Driveby > Every Nas album not named Illmatic (and Lost Tapes depending on the day).

Also, SMH @ people saying It Was Written was better because that's what exposed them to Nas. shyt makes no sense.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I think that Art Barr drops a lot of gem's; where the problem lies is the method in which he shares them. I'll admit that I'm not always especially patient with dude's posts but when I am, it usually feels worth it.

Lupe Fiasco and other rappers of his ilk (Slaughterhouse, Kendrick Lamar, Talib Kweli, etc.) really are hip-hop's version of fools gold. It's as if they contain the signifier's of what hip-hop should sound like but are lacking that 'thing'--but folks are so eager to buy into and champion shyt that they don't see it. Thinking about this in relation to what Art Barr, Big Mel, and others have posited about the cultural climate at the time of It Was Written's release it seems like kind of a funny coincidence that the lames from Slaughterhouse have both gone on record as preferring It Was Written to Illmatic.

It's as if preferring It Was Written to Illmatic dooms you to being talented but a fukking corny lame with corny lames for fans.

Aziatic > It Was Written

Music to Driveby > Every Nas album not named Illmatic (and Lost Tapes depending on the day).

Also, SMH @ people saying It Was Written was better because that's what exposed them to Nas. shyt makes no sense.

nah bruh..and im a big fan of that album...and for the record..I DO think Illmatic is BETTER than IWW...I just don't knock anyone who prefers IWW over Illmatic...same shyt goes for Redman's albums...my fav is Muddy Waters..even tho I know Whut Thee Album is what people praise him for...shyt..I think Dare Iz a Darkside is one of the most creative hip hop albums...

JayBaldacci

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Aziatic > It Was Written

aziatic was way too bland of an album(save fan mail), i wouldn't even compare them.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
IWW is dope as fukk but not better than illmatic. There are a lot of dope mc's out there they just don't get any exposure. Like Reks, Elzhi to name a few

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Aziatic > It Was Written

what "thing" is lupe lacking? just curious. is he not violent enough or sumn? lupe is a rapper who actually raps about something and stands for the betterment of people, on top of all that he's niiiice, whats the problem?

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
lupe lacks a spine... thats how i feel about him dont ask me why... its "the bullshyt detector" mel was talking about. theres something fraudelent in that guy and funny thing is, he reminds me of nas to a degree with his career moves

we should just switch this topic to how big of bums hoe buttons and crooked i are. joseph butta is leading hip hop with the bad opinion average. dude thinks IWW is great because that mediocre shyt dwarfs his whole camps entire catalog (which comprises of thirsty ass spitters dying to sell out)

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lupe lacks a spine... thats how i feel about him dont ask me why

the "don't ask me why" part is the part I find troubling, lol. dude is a black rapper who talked subversive about barack obama, coulda been career suicide. dude basically scolded a hip hop icon and made him sit in the corner for calling his team thieves. dude was reppin occupy wall street before other celebs jumped on it because it was the cool and current thing to do. dude's lead single for his new album is a "Troy" remake. etc... these things are what hip hop is all about to me