Joe Budden and Crooked I say "It Was Written" was even better than "Illmatic"

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
the "don't ask me why" part is the part I find troubling, lol. dude is a black rapper who talked subversive about barack obama, coulda been career suicide. dude basically scolded a hip hop icon and made him sit in the corner for calling his team thieves. dude was reppin occupy wall street before other celebs jumped on it because it was the cool and current thing to do. dude's lead single for his new album is a "Troy" remake. etc... these things are what hip hop is all about to me

Yup..AND Kanye straight BIT that whole diamonds of Sierra leone shyt from him..cause Daimonds are forever was about The Roc and Lupe did a freestyle to the beat about the Diamonds of Sierra Leone to the beat and next thing u know Kanye on 106 and Park with a video about the damn conflict diamonds..and that shyt WASN'T coincidence cause they was linked to eachother at the time..

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
He is SOOOO not a true hip hopper. He's a little turd who was birthed by IWW and has shunned true hip hop at every chance he has had by making U2 sounding, world hop records and spinning himself as a post Kanye supreme lyricist when he's really a tedious, low reward, meek voiced, no dues paying culture thief masquerading as something true.

his beats are ass. his presence is meek. fiascogate was real. lasers was HIS doing.

he's the lamest of the lame and honestly, his music is marginal.

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
Even tho u trippin..what does that have to do with what I said?..

that even if it's Lupe's idea, it's a wack record. Typical of the Kanye and Lupe crowd to try and touch on something real and not at all know how to properly convey the proper energy and emotions behind it to truly make the record win.

they do it more from a "me" perspective then a "hey, wake up" perspective.

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
i caught a vibe from lupe as an "agenda" rapper. i heard his early shyt where hes banging, then hes a skatin concious dude, then hes doing his IWW impression telling gangsta tales cause his funding got busted for dope, i wont even go into the post the cool lupe. dudes always looking for a gimmick likes hes a wwf character. i like the era when guys just did what they did.

you dont see the greats do that shyt a lot

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
that even if it's Lupe's idea, it's a wack record. Typical of the Kanye and Lupe crowd to try and touch on something real and not at all know how to properly convey the proper energy and emotions behind it to truly make the record win.

they do it more from a "me" perspective then a "hey, wake up" perspective.

yup. political lupe is corny. dude does nothing. acts like hes public enemy sometimes

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Typical of the Kanye and Lupe crowd to try and touch on something real and not at all know how to properly convey the proper energy and emotions behind it to truly make the record win.
/QUOTE]

Lupe Fiasco f. Skylar Grey - "Words I Never Said [Colbert Report Performance]" | Watch Hip Hop Music Videos & New Rap Videos | HipHop DX

you don't sense energy and emotion in this performance and song? 3rd verse is chilling. oh, and disregard the band, lol, i'm sure you don't think thats hip hop, ha.

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
take Krs for example when he spoke on things.

Black Cop

Ah Yeah

Sound Of Da Police

you see how those records actually engulf you completely and inspire you to wanna spring into action?

because it comes from a pure, concerned space.

JYoung24

Young J
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Whats with the Buddens hate on this website I don't get how he's a lame. With that said it was written is the best bum of all time

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
Typical of the Kanye and Lupe crowd to try and touch on something real and not at all know how to properly convey the proper energy and emotions behind it to truly make the record win.
/QUOTE]

Lupe Fiasco f. Skylar Grey - "Words I Never Said [Colbert Report Performance]" | Watch Hip Hop Music Videos & New Rap Videos | HipHop DX

you don't sense energy and emotion in this performance and song? 3rd verse is chilling. oh, and disregard the band, lol, i'm sure you don't think thats hip hop, ha.

he's flitting about onstage like ever other lame black emo act. Childish Gambino does this exact same thing. Kanye does this weird, self important rock star movement shyt too. it's EXACTLY what i was driving at.

if you can't smell the bullshyt there i can't help you. that performance was vile.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
he's flitting about onstage like ever other lame black emo act. Childish Gambino does this exact same thing. Kanye does this weird, self important rock star movement shyt too. it's EXACTLY what i was driving at.

if you can't smell the bullshyt there i can't help you. that performance was vile.

what about what he's saying? lol. i mean, does that count for nothing to you my g? seems like your dislike for him is 1000% subjective, there's nothing about it that's not all predicated on your own personal feelings. give me somethin solid (pause)