Joe Budden and Crooked I say "It Was Written" was even better than "Illmatic"

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
"It Was Written" is fvcking fantastic.
If we relied on "cultural relevance" to determine how dope stuff is some of the greatest artists in the world wouldn't be greats
because everyone who realized how dope it was AFTERWARDS would be called "Revisionists".

you are the same dumbass listening to kenny gee talembout,..jazz needs to make a resurgence, ol goof lame ass boi.

art barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
street dreams is my favorite song of both albums :ahh:

it was written is a more well rounded than illmatic. but illmatics better.

iww is sellout trash like all his albums made after 95 till the okay stillmatic.

starting with the horrific sellout one love single remix.

nas's only got two records and two mixtapes worth a damn front to back.

you can't go from illmatic and the boombap template to jiggy wannabe bullshyt.

plus nas set the sales rubrick for jiggy.

then hide your hands after it was all over with.

that nikka nas always talembout book this book that.

nikka you not fooling nobody using the same serpent evil tricknology on your albums and marketing either nikka.

for all the books and knowledge nas got,...he got to much money resources and knowledge to be the type of sellout dude, he is.

so kill all the bullshyt,...

if dude was so wise why did he not just smash kelis like pharrell and play that eclectic okay looking ass kewpie doll good offbrand bytch like pharrell.

on top of his other lame l's,...

dude fell off after illmatic and needed a whole new edge to his career.

after he jagged his career starting at illmatic cause he no showed all his shows in other major markets.

sold out with steve stout and then did not recover.

till he was on death's door till takeover gave him mainstream permeation for a getback.

simple as that,...he is not prolific as a lp maker and real talk.

if he could have made illmatic again he would have.

the problem is he is not and can not make another illmatic period.

if underground nikkaz with no resources can make records of the same type of ilk with nuffin.

also salaam remi and them overproduced underproduced big budget jiggy records ain't shyt to no:

qtip
pete rock
primo
large professor

who all made classics with less resources amd just a cultural connectikn. a cultural connection nas singkehandidly ruined. while hidin his own wack hands.

why is it nas can't do it,...nikka couldn't even rap over roots reggae street riddums with the marley's right.

or give us a pe style record worth a real damn,..........that was nuffin but bait and switch bs. when az made two mixtapes better than all nas's throwaways and his defjam albums combined. so if nikkaz say az is over the hill....how is it nas gets a pass,...he gets a pass by his fans to blind, and not culturally grounded well enough.

to see he is on that melle mel bs sellout garbage that was rightfully phased out.

nas was great as a kid with no real refinement. any luster he added to himself as an artist was all jiggy fake bs.

once he went that direction that cost him having his fjnger on the pulse of what made him great,...simple as that.

you toy nikkaz who were phoney from start.

are the only nikkaz who cosign iww. as that was a toy gen marketing wise for mtv. just like earlier in 93 when opp was out,..naughty was embraced.

on no day do i support a kurtis blow anything just for starters.

i don't give a fukk who or what was on that weak huffness.

nas put out with his gw one time reported lover either.

fukk outta here with that baby ass bullshyt,.....

nikkaz wonder why rap suck,...it sucks because all the fans and most of the artist don't know shyt about rap or the culture.

that is the first issue,......you can't make cultural music if you do not have any semblence of culture.

you wack toy ass nikkaz allowed blackmen to become elvis.

art barr

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
iww is sellout trash like all his albums made after 95 till the okay stillmatic.

nikka you not fooling nobody using the same serpent evil tricknology on your albums and marketing either nikka.

for all the books and knowledge nas got,...he got to much money resources and knowledge to be the type of sellout dude, he is.

if dude was so wise why did he not just smash kelis like pharrell and play that eclectic okay looking ass kewpie doll good offbrand bytch like pharrell.

sold out with steve stout and then did not recover till he was on desth's door till takeover gave him mainstream permeation for a getback.

simple as that,...he is not prolific as a lp maker and real talk. if he could have made illmatic again he would have. the problem is he is not and can not make another illmatic period.

if underground nikkaz with no resources can make records of the same type of ilk with nuffin. why is it nas can't do it,...nikka couldn't even rap over roots reggae street riddums with the marley's right.

or give us a pe style record worth a real damn,..........that was nuffin ut bait and switch bs. when az made two mixtapes better than all nas's throwaways and his defjam albums combined. so if nikkaz say az is over the hill....how is it nas gets a pass,...he gets a pass by his fans to blind, and not cultuy grounded well enough.

to see he is on that melle mel bs sellout garbage that was rightfully phased out.

nas was great as a kid with no real refinement. any luster he added to himself as an artist was all jiggy fake bs.

once he went that direction that cost him having his fjnger on the pulse of what made him great,...simple as that.

are the only nikkaz who cosign iww. as that was a toy gen marketing wise for mtv. just like earlier in 93 when opp was out,..naughty was embraced.

nikkaz wonder why rap suck,...it sucks because all the fans and most of the artist don't know shyt about rap or the culture.

that is the first issue,......you can't make cultural music if you do not have any semblence of culture.

art barr

:snoop:

my dude, seriously, we get it, you dont like nas. how many times you gonna tell this story?

nobody is forcing you to like, listen to or even acknowledge nas. what exactly are you hoping to achieve here?

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Also..I find it funny that NAS is the only artist where u will literally get shytted on for liking one album better than the other..I swear Illmatic is like a gift and a curse for that man...

you always makin some wack non-native statements..then getting slapped around asking why though.

you not fooling nobody and never really have,..i don't care how diplmatic you are.

after you realize and apologize for being offkey as fukk.

nikkaz always unearthing your flaws,..joe.

stop playing,.......

art barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
:snoop:

my dude, seriously, we get it, you dont like nas. how many times you gonna tell this story?

nobody is forcing you to like, listen to or even acknowledge nas. what exactly are you hoping to achieve here?

i would like to fully understand what you sellouts hope to achieve trying to culture steal.

you,..fake ass toys have the agenda...don't try to deflect your bullshyt rhetoric on me,...chu fakkit ass boi.

i already caught lightning and established a real cultur draw in this business, with nothing.

you have NOT DONE THE same and till you do,..save your bullshyt for somebody else.

i know who the fukk i am,...what nobody are you gonna continue being though, is the question.

chu sellout pass given ass bytch,.....

art barr

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
l
you always makin some wack non-native statements..then getting slapped around asking why though.

you not fooling nobody and never really have,..i don't care how diplmatic you are.

after you realize and apologize for being offkey as fukk.

nikkaz always unearthing your flaws,..joe.

stop playing,.......

art barr

Oh REALLY??..nikka I could introduce u to.some of the legend u WORSHIP that will disagree with ALOT of the bullshyt u postin..u nikkas need to get off ur high horse like yall OPINIONS are all facts...this is what's so funny about this whole shyt to me..yall act like yall know people and their credentials based off if they disagree with u sometimes...

the rhyme king

truth.com
Daps
Reppin
i refuse to conform
l

Oh REALLY??..nikka I could introduce u to.some of the legend u WORSHIP that will disagree with ALOT of the bullshyt u postin..u nikkas need to get off ur high horse like yall OPINIONS are all facts...this is what's so funny about this whole shyt to me..yall act like yall know people and their credentials based off if they disagree with u sometimes...

it's about time somebody call art barr on his bullshyt

he thinks his opinion is fact when it ain't

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin

after he jagged his career starting at illmatic cause he no showed all his shows in other major markets.

till he was on death's door till takeover gave him mainstream permeation for a getback.

if underground nikkaz with no resources can make records of the same type of ilk with nuffin.

also salaam remi and them overproduced underproduced big budget jiggy records ain't shyt to no:

qtip
pete rock
primo
large professor

who all made classics with less resources amd just a cultural connectikn. a cultural connection nas singkehandidly ruined. while hidin his own wack hands.

why is it nas can't do it,...nikka couldn't even rap over roots reggae street riddums with the marley's right.

or give us a pe style record worth a real damn,..........that was nuffin but bait and switch bs. when az made two mixtapes better than all nas's throwaways and his defjam albums combined. so if nikkaz say az is over the hill....how is it nas gets a pass,...he gets a pass by his fans to blind, and not culturally grounded well enough.

art barr

why the fukk would he WANNA make another Illmatic?..seriously..are u nikkas that dense?..u can't be...

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
l

i already created my own legend and my company already endorsed legends,..that predate legends you know.

plus i bult a real underground career with a self made grassroots legend.

so it would just be an underground legend meeting a larger major label legend.

i am not starstruck,...b!!

maybe if you was on point you would become a legend too.

instead of worrying about whom you know,...get grounded culturally first.

then you can talk all that bullshyt,.....your comments are those of just a gateway halfnknowledgeable rap fan culturally.

that is the topic when it comes to your comments,..make better comments after getting in touch with the culture and legends you know and do better.

that is what you need to,...

art barr

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone

qtip
pete rock
primo
large professor

art barr

Absolute, spot on truth here. And I'm on record shytting on Kurtis Blow as well. Another thing programmed fans would think doesn't belong in he hip hop 101 handbook.

This was a nice post to wake up to. Salute.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
i already created my own legend and my company already endorsed legends,..that predate legends you know.

plus i bult a real underground career with a self made grassroots legend.

so it would just be an underground legend meeting a larger major label legend.

i am not starstruck,...b!!

maybe if you was on point you would become a legend too.

instead of worrying about whom you know,...get grounded culturally first.

then you can talk all that bullshyt,.....your comments are those of just a gateway halfnknowledgeable rap fan culturally.

that is the topic when it comes to your comments,..make better comments after getting in touch with the culture and legends you know and do better.

that is what you need to,...

art barr

So NOW u know legends that predate the legends I know even tho u don't know who I know...what I know..what I've done in my life..who I've ran with...nikka..U DON'T KNOW ME...I don't know u either..so that's that..and funny thing is..with this argument...I THINK ILLMATIC IS BETTER..its just that I ain't shytting on people who think IWW is better...cause I FEEL that the album got more hate than it deserved...damn near EVERY mainstream rapper has sold out atleast a Lil bit..but NAS can do NO right in ur eyes..u even called Untitled a commercial album...that's how u know u be on some bullshyt..if it was anything else..it WASN'T a commercial album whatsoever..not only did the nikka release the album...he dropped a dope mixtape along with it..so he can make sure he got across with shyt he ain't get to get across on the album for label reasons...still moaning and bytchin..about some shyt that happened literally 13 YEARS ago...how bout this?..just don't listen to the nikka no more...u and Big Mel..instead of constantly postin in every NAS thread like he's the dad that walked out on yall...