Joe Budden and Crooked I say "It Was Written" was even better than "Illmatic"

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Joe Budden said Mase is one of the GOATs

His actual opinion on rap is irrelevant.

the nikka abused drugs,..and did not know who cowboy was.

just speaks volumes about that wack ass toy, and his sellout crew.

art barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
To me it is , I dont care what other people think. Its all different tastes really.

But Id like to see 20 albums that are better in terms of beats lyrics concepts innovation creativity

I agree wit the cats that say its a drop off but come on the album is still ridiculous cept for Nas Is coming:snoop:

Its the same thing with Infamous & HOE. When I first heard HOE I was disappointed. Its such a drastic drop off from Infamous but all things considered, it's still a 5 mic classic.

HOE & IWW are very similar albums to me. Lyrically they may be better than their predecessors and more creative & innovative(HOE with the beats) but sonically, they dont come close to the best 2 albums ever. But its all relative.

hoe lacks thre attention to sonic clarity.

that tip brought to the table on infamous,........

hoe is keeping it real down to dissing pac,...iww was sellout bullshyt personified.

art barr

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
Nikkas outside the east ain't care about nas like that before iww..
although my household had it in 1994,(cincinnati ohio) i knew no else whom had it and have never personally heard anybody listening to it. Stillmatic>IWW>illmatic and very easily

Non Sequitur

Creep.
Daps
Reppin
The 3rd Degree
iww is sellout trash like all his albums made after 95 till the okay stillmatic.

starting with the horrific sellout one love single remix.

nas's only got two records and two mixtapes worth a damn front to back.

you can't go from illmatic and the boombap template to jiggy wannabe bullshyt.

plus nas set the sales rubrick for jiggy.

then hide your hands after it was all over with.

that nikka nas always talembout book this book that.

nikka you not fooling nobody using the same serpent evil tricknology on your albums and marketing either nikka.

for all the books and knowledge nas got,...he got to much money resources and knowledge to be the type of sellout dude, he is.

so kill all the bullshyt,...

if dude was so wise why did he not just smash kelis like pharrell and play that eclectic okay looking ass kewpie doll good offbrand bytch like pharrell.

on top of his other lame l's,...

dude fell off after illmatic and needed a whole new edge to his career.

after he jagged his career starting at illmatic cause he no showed all his shows in other major markets.

sold out with steve stout and then did not recover.

till he was on death's door till takeover gave him mainstream permeation for a getback.

simple as that,...he is not prolific as a lp maker and real talk.

if he could have made illmatic again he would have.

the problem is he is not and can not make another illmatic period.

if underground nikkaz with no resources can make records of the same type of ilk with nuffin.

also salaam remi and them overproduced underproduced big budget jiggy records ain't shyt to no:

qtip
pete rock
primo
large professor

who all made classics with less resources amd just a cultural connectikn. a cultural connection nas singkehandidly ruined. while hidin his own wack hands.

why is it nas can't do it,...nikka couldn't even rap over roots reggae street riddums with the marley's right.

or give us a pe style record worth a real damn,..........that was nuffin but bait and switch bs. when az made two mixtapes better than all nas's throwaways and his defjam albums combined. so if nikkaz say az is over the hill....how is it nas gets a pass,...he gets a pass by his fans to blind, and not culturally grounded well enough.

to see he is on that melle mel bs sellout garbage that was rightfully phased out.

nas was great as a kid with no real refinement. any luster he added to himself as an artist was all jiggy fake bs.

once he went that direction that cost him having his fjnger on the pulse of what made him great,...simple as that.

you toy nikkaz who were phoney from start.

are the only nikkaz who cosign iww. as that was a toy gen marketing wise for mtv. just like earlier in 93 when opp was out,..naughty was embraced.

on no day do i support a kurtis blow anything just for starters.

i don't give a fukk who or what was on that weak huffness.

nas put out with his gw one time reported lover either.

fukk outta here with that baby ass bullshyt,.....

nikkaz wonder why rap suck,...it sucks because all the fans and most of the artist don't know shyt about rap or the culture.

that is the first issue,......you can't make cultural music if you do not have any semblence of culture.

you wack toy ass nikkaz allowed blackmen to become elvis.

art barr

So if Steve Stoute rolled up on you and said, "Art, I could make you a millionaire, your moms a millionaire, and make sure your daughter was Rich Forever."

You'd be like, "Nah, I love HipHop too much."

*Does a headspin*

fukk outta here.

fscballin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
iww is sellout trash like all his albums made after 95 till the okay stillmatic.

starting with the horrific sellout one love single remix.

nas's only got two records and two mixtapes worth a damn front to back.

you can't go from illmatic and the boombap template to jiggy wannabe bullshyt.

plus nas set the sales rubrick for jiggy.

then hide your hands after it was all over with.

that nikka nas always talembout book this book that.

nikka you not fooling nobody using the same serpent evil tricknology on your albums and marketing either nikka.

for all the books and knowledge nas got,...he got to much money resources and knowledge to be the type of sellout dude, he is.

so kill all the bullshyt,...

if dude was so wise why did he not just smash kelis like pharrell and play that eclectic okay looking ass kewpie doll good offbrand bytch like pharrell.

on top of his other lame l's,...

dude fell off after illmatic and needed a whole new edge to his career.

after he jagged his career starting at illmatic cause he no showed all his shows in other major markets.

sold out with steve stout and then did not recover.

till he was on death's door till takeover gave him mainstream permeation for a getback.

simple as that,...he is not prolific as a lp maker and real talk.

if he could have made illmatic again he would have.

the problem is he is not and can not make another illmatic period.

if underground nikkaz with no resources can make records of the same type of ilk with nuffin.

also salaam remi and them overproduced underproduced big budget jiggy records ain't shyt to no:

qtip
pete rock
primo
large professor

who all made classics with less resources amd just a cultural connectikn. a cultural connection nas singkehandidly ruined. while hidin his own wack hands.

why is it nas can't do it,...nikka couldn't even rap over roots reggae street riddums with the marley's right.

or give us a pe style record worth a real damn,..........that was nuffin but bait and switch bs. when az made two mixtapes better than all nas's throwaways and his defjam albums combined. so if nikkaz say az is over the hill....how is it nas gets a pass,...he gets a pass by his fans to blind, and not culturally grounded well enough.

to see he is on that melle mel bs sellout garbage that was rightfully phased out.

nas was great as a kid with no real refinement. any luster he added to himself as an artist was all jiggy fake bs.

once he went that direction that cost him having his fjnger on the pulse of what made him great,...simple as that.

you toy nikkaz who were phoney from start.

are the only nikkaz who cosign iww. as that was a toy gen marketing wise for mtv. just like earlier in 93 when opp was out,..naughty was embraced.

on no day do i support a kurtis blow anything just for starters.

i don't give a fukk who or what was on that weak huffness.

nas put out with his gw one time reported lover either.

fukk outta here with that baby ass bullshyt,.....

nikkaz wonder why rap suck,...it sucks because all the fans and most of the artist don't know shyt about rap or the culture.

that is the first issue,......you can't make cultural music if you do not have any semblence of culture.

you wack toy ass nikkaz allowed blackmen to become elvis.

art barr

:youmad:

nah, im bullsh*ttin... this here is really the truth

but my hypothetical question is, what if u have a serious message that needs a serious draw as soon as possible.... whats the harm in using the sample's that are guaranteed to attract the largest (black) audience possible especially if u give 2 fukks about the money... (seriously) .. If Rakim was serious about his message reaching blacks worldwide as quickly as possible, wouldn't he have used a "sell out" sample as well, justified as a means to an ends? and in this scenerario, its critical your draw is as large as possible, and as quick as possible, because the situation is a matter of life of death? in addition to that, the attraction of true listeners (even if minimal) who can truly understand, would actually help your cause exponentially in spreading this message on or off the mic? hypothetically speaking of course...:pachaha:

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
Nas needs to make more albums like It Was Written since that formula has a more commercial appeal. He should try relying on controversy (i.e.: "Hip Hop is Dead", naming your album '******') and just make albums like IWW.

Don't dumb down your lyrics like Jay-Z has done, instead, just get top notch producers (i.e.: Dre, Rza, Kanye West, Lex Luger ["Ham" was a great beat]).

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
So if Steve Stoute rolled up on you and said, "Art, I could make you a millionaire, your moms a millionaire, and make sure your daughter was Rich Forever."

You'd be like, "Nah, I love HipHop too much."

*Does a headspin*

fukk outta here.

i am not a money whore,...b!

if i was i would be still working at my first company.

you would take a wack ass deal getting $o.32 an album.

with no publishing,...no mechanicals and horrific upfront money.

sorry i will not,.......i was a corporate standout and when shyt got real,...grimey.

i was up,...you will let babylon soul capture you,...i am strong enough that will never happen.

also,...i have caused million dollar companies to be defunct. by sueing them,..before i was twenty five.

i don't sit idle and let people with money fukk me,..just cause i need some.

i have and will go broke protecting my interest,....i have integrity.

i can make the money on my own,......i have done it before, and it can be done again.

i am one of the realest nikkaz alive on earth all time,...for real!!

art barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
:youmad:

nah, im bullsh*ttin... this here is really the truth

but my hypothetical question is, what if u have a serious message that needs a serious draw as soon as possible.... whats the harm in using the sample's that are guaranteed to attract the largest (black) audience possible especially if u give 2 fukks about the money... (seriously) .. If Rakim was serious about his message reaching blacks worldwide as quickly as possible, wouldn't he have used a "sell out" sample as well, justified as a means to an ends? and in this scenerario, its critical your draw is as large as possible, and as quick as possible, because the situation is a matter of life of death? in addition to that, the attraction of true listeners (even if minimal) who can truly understand, would actually help your cause exponentially in spreading this message on or off the mic? hypothetically speaking of course...:pachaha:

rakim is one of the rare cases in rap.

where he was purposefully tracked down to make that style of so-called sellout collab record.

plus the person adhere'd to his demands he set,..out of respect for whom he was culturally in rap.

while also creating the argueable best credible organic records of that kind.

most do not take ra's care into consideration and run straight for the spoils of their creation.

art barr

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
if i ruled the world was not commercial at all. besides why are we blaming nas and not :takedat:?

Better question: why blame anyone?

Art Barr's a guy who never got out of 1992, you can't go off his opinion on what's real or not. And I agree, 'If I Ruled The World' was seen by some as such a big sellout move at the time. I'm not sure what's so non-hip-hop about a song that samples Whodini and uses a Kurtis Blow hook, but the purists were bitter. Weird to think about in hindsight, especially when you consider how Nas did some REAL reaching in the years that followed, which makes "If I Ruled The World" pale in comparison.