Joe Biden says get off his nuts and explains once and for all why the gas is so high

bnew

Veteran
Daps
why are we helping when other european countries hardly have any skin in the game, and this is occurring in their back yard?
thats not a valid reason not to do the right thing.

other countries were skeptical about bidens warnings leading up to the invasion until he declassified U.S intel. sometimes people need to be inspired to act and on the world stage, that inspiration has often been the U.S.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There was a news report somewhere stating a bunch of refineries we're taken offline during the pandemic and never restarted. It was probably intentional so more gas couldn't be refined keeping prices high.

Facts. You might also argue that they would not have thought that demand would shoot up so rapidly with how far it fell initially. Now they see the demand and realize they can get all that money back without having to do a damn thing. Congress got to get on this.

Last edited:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I see so many morons on FB blaming biden for gas prices to which I respond, why are canadians and europeans paying more than us? is that biden's fault as well?
europeans get their oil from Russia. We dont. Our prices started rising early/mid 2021. Gas been $4.50-5.50 since march 2021 in Cali. Europe gas prices went up after sanctions on Russia, which is this year.

DatBoiHawk

HAWK
Daps
Reppin
Houston
big oil is on their last legs, so they are out to rape everyone for the little time they have left before the electric car fully becomes viable and crushes their buildings.

GiftedSophisticatedIsabellinewheatear-max-1mb.gif
Makes sense. I never thought of it like that

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
buybacks lessen the number of outstanding shares which in turns benefits all remaining shareholders. it's not an artificial value. the value of the remaining shares is more because the supply is less.
I understand how buybacks work. By artificial, I don’t mean that the value of the stock doesn’t actually increase, I’m saying that it’s not increasing due to normal transactions in the marketplace, but due to what I consider to be manipulation.

It’s kind of like me owning a business selling shirts and then claiming that the shirts have limited availability after I buy the majority of my leftover inventory, then raising the prices due to this limited availability. I’m creating the limited availability myself by essentially shifting my assets/capital around and claiming that my shirts are worth more, when in reality they are not.

mykey

Superstar
Daps
democracies are in a fragile place in a world increasingly embracing authoritarianism. helping to defend an emerging democracy in the region which has been invaded is a good thing long-term.:manny:me

the beauty of helping ukraine is that current active duty military personnel lives aren't in danger and nor is america while russia is incurring all kinds of losses.
An "emerging democracy" with Neo-Nazi militia in their armed forces. Yeah right.
:mjpls:

Ukraine is a cesspit with a standard of living lower than Botswana, Namibia and South Africa....

b0t5fLi.jpeg

3yzDUlE.jpeg

:dead:

Last edited:

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
you talking like the U.S president is a king with sole authority to deliver whatever to whoever. :gucci:

these counterparties aren't democracies and their interests are beyond profiteering is usually counter to ours.

to some extent i do think biden isn't negotiating effectively, he's dealing with the wrong people. he should straight up threaten to nationalize oil for at least 2 years with the help of congress and watch industry fears cause gas prices to plummet so he wouldn't have cause to pursue it.
Do you believe it is possible the us president could become king in the future or we could have a king one day?

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Do you believe it is possible the us president could become king in the future or we could have a king one day?
trump just attempted a coup, anythings possible.

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.
- Desmond Tutu

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
trump just attempted a coup, anythings possible.
Imagine if Julius Caesar lived in today's America and was president instead of trump. Can only imagine what he would have done.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Imagine if Julius Caesar lived in today's America and was president instead of trump. Can only imagine what he would have done.
trump wanted to go to the capital and if he had went, his coup likely would have been successful. :francis:

Last edited: