JJ Red!ck becomes next HC of the LA Lakers

GOOD DEAL?

• Total voters

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
I still can't believe he was serious about pursuing coaching. All I could think about was him crying on Old Man and the Three announcing his retirement, and telling his wife he was ready to help out with school drop offs and bedtime and to his sons he was ready to be a full time dad.

Did that for a couple of years and said "F*ck them kids" and ran back to the most stressful job in the league :mjlol:

Same. I thought he and his wife loved living in Brooklyn. To me he had a sweet gig with the old man and the three podcast and now the pod with Lebron. Plus the ESPN gig. I mean you're gonna have to put both of those on the backburner now. I'm not sure a head coach of a NBA TEAM is gonna have a podcast

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Was JJ ever even a locker room leader during his career. Like the Marcus Smart, Haslem type players where you could see them maybe being a coach one day
When he was on the sixers it was a lot of disfunction but I don't remember him ever been profiled as a dude who was getting the locker room together as a player

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
Y’all doing too much. JJ gon be fine. shyt not rocket science
200w.gif

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
Was JJ ever even a locker room leader during his career. Like the Marcus Smart, Haslem type players where you could see them maybe being a coach one day
When he was on the sixers it was a lot of disfunction but I don't remember him ever been profiled as a dude who was getting the locker room together as a player
Timestamped

Falcozer

Superstar
Daps
Hell no, I hoped this wouldn't be the case. Fired an inexperienced coach to get another one :wow:

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Timestamped

he said Reddikk has a good basketball mind before the coaching question but I took his answer more so as saying Reddikk will realize he didn't know wtf he was talking about if he ever becomes a coach :russ:
Doc never takes accountability for his Ls tho so maybe whatever beef they had Reddikk was actually right

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
I honestly don't know how to feel about this move. Because Kerr and Doc Rivers both came from the booth and had great success. JJ has also played under some good and great coaches. (Coach K, Stan Van Gundy, Doc). Obviously there's gonna be a lot of talk about JJ walking his way into a hc gig being white. While a proven winner like Sam I am can't get a look. Not cool. Now I do think JJ can make a good coach. I don't like the fit with the Lakers because they are expecting championships.

Pros- Sees the game from a player standpoint and from the booth
Played under great head coaches.
Hasn't been retired long so he can connect with both young players and veterans. He's not out of touch like most old coaches.
Knows the game- will be great in xs and os

Cons- No HC experience
relationship with Bron may rub teammates the wrong way
Lakers org is delusional thinking this is a championship team
This one is unknown- How will he treat his assistants? Will he lean on them for experience or will he think he's the smartest guy in the room and act like he's above them.