JJ Red!ck becomes next HC of the LA Lakers

GOOD DEAL?

• Total voters

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
I really don’t see JJ surviving in the league as a Head Coach. At that level, guys have to truly respect you or you have to gain their respect by putting in years at least at the assistant coaching level where you’re being valuable and helping to advance guys careers.

JJ comes off as extremely smug and unlikeable personality wise. Sure he knows Xs and Os of the game but he needs guys to buy in and I don’t see that happening. Surprised Bron ain’t get someone like Sam Cassell in who’d be a much better coach.
How we know guys don’t respect JJ though ?

Lebron obviously does and he’s probably not the only one .The Lakers organization said one of the reasons why they hired him is because of his ability to connect with players..

I don’t think this is a good hire but not necessarily for those reasons .

Henry Orbit

Wave Gods
Daps
Reppin
The Old North State
I still can't believe he was serious about pursuing coaching. All I could think about was him crying on Old Man and the Three announcing his retirement, and telling his wife he was ready to help out with school drop offs and bedtime and to his sons he was ready to be a full time dad.

Did that for a couple of years and said "F*ck them kids" and ran back to the most stressful job in the league :mjlol:

bl2k8

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Northern California
Kidd Fisher Nash, this shyt almost never works out. Kidd finally got his shyt together the last few seasons and he’s been doing it for years :dead:

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
The Lakers organization said one of the reasons why they hired him is because of his ability to connect with players..
I really don't know how they could possibly know this given he has zero coaching history outside of children. Or do they mean his ability to connect with lebron?

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
I still can't believe he was serious about pursuing coaching. All I could think about was him crying on Old Man and the Three announcing his retirement, and telling his wife he was ready to help out with school drop offs and bedtime and to his sons he was ready to be a full time dad.

One thing that never fails with retired athletes; they fukking hate being at home, with their family :laff:

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
Lakers looking like WCW from the year 2000
JJ after another in-season tournament win

arquette.jpg

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I really don’t see JJ surviving in the league as a Head Coach. At that level, guys have to truly respect you or you have to gain their respect by putting in years at least at the assistant coaching level where you’re being valuable and helping to advance guys careers.

JJ comes off as extremely smug and unlikeable personality wise. Sure he knows Xs and Os of the game but he needs guys to buy in and I don’t see that happening. Surprised Bron ain’t get someone like Sam Cassell in who’d be a much better coach.
Mark Jackson