Jimmy Butler traded to Philly for Robert Covington and Dario Saric. Jimmy plans to re-sign.

Where will Jimmy land?

• New York

Votes: 71 26.6%
  • LA clippers

Votes: 39 14.6%
  • Brooklyn

Votes: 38 14.2%
  • Miami

Votes: 67 25.1%
  • Other

Votes: 77 28.8%

• Total voters

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wouldn't be the next 4 years though since you can't trade back to back pick. Plus Butler could just decide to leave & CP3 getting older :patrice:
It is what it is. I guess I don’t value the picks as much because we haven’t picked a player to produce for us in the last 5 years besides capela. The draft picks aren’t nothing but tree ale asset to Morey. We haven’t had a first round pick in in four year. We just trade them away. We picked in the first round only twice in the last 6 years. Like I said it’s not a big loss because Morey has still built a contending team and the five picks of the first round don’t mean much.

KingBeez

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
If I’m minny, I’m getting Miami on the phone ASAP for Richardson (this will be tough), McGruder, and a 2021+first. If Miami wants Richardson, then make it 2 firsts and mcgruder

Miami will be trash in a few years. Wade retiring, whiteside getting traded, dragic getting old, etc. that’s their best chance for a good player and a good pick

Last edited:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I'm not saying they have an obligation to make a deal with Houston, I just said I'd rather get talent in return, which the Rockets obviously don't have.

Their deal with the Bulls was shortsighted in the first place.

it was a good deal at the time for the wolves. they got jimmy with 2 years on his deal and all they did was exchange 1st rounders with the bulls (7 for 16 which became markkanan), give up dunn (who averaged like 4ppg) and lavine who was still rehabbing a torn ACL.

a lot of people thought the bulls got fleeced in the deal originally.

in hindsight, it's obvious who fleeced whom in that deal.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hear you, but its not even guaranteed that butler resigns with Houston. I wouldn’t doubt it, but he wants a max contract, and I’m hesitant on giving a 29 year old with bad knees who played under thibs forever the brinks truck
Yeah that’s a risk but it’s worth taking.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
My guess is Minny wants Richardson + 2022 1st for Butler. Gets them are extremely strong pick. A good player and doesn't really have a lot of fail potential. The Houston one is too risky. Harden and Butler are under 30. This ain't a 33 and 35 year old outside of their prime

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
If I’m minny, I’m getting Miami on the phone ASAP for Richardson (this will be tough), McGruder, and a 2020+ first. If Miami wants Richardson, then make it 2 firsts and mcgruder

Miami will be trash in a few years. Wade retiring, whiteside getting traded, dragic getting old, etc. that’s their best chance for a good player and a good pick

why the hell would miami give up all their young assets for :butler:???

a butler led heat team likely won't get to the ECF.

also whiteside might not get moved. he's actually playing well this season so far.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it was a good deal at the time for the wolves. they got jimmy with 2 years on his deal and all they did was exchange 1st rounders with the bulls (7 for 16 which became markkanan), give up dunn (who averaged like 4ppg) and lavine who was still rehabbing a torn ACL.

a lot of people thought the bulls got fleeced in the deal originally.

in hindsight, it's obvious who fleeced whom in that deal.
It’s been even so far. You can’t say the bulls won until they put it all together and do what Philly and Boston is doing with all the guys they raised from the draft in their system. Bulls aren’t goin to contend this year. If they don’t do nothin next year then what todos they do this for.

It’s nice to get young talent but that talent has to bring results. Dunn is hurt so there goes that

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
If I’m minny, I’m getting Miami on the phone ASAP for Richardson (this will be tough), McGruder, and a 2020+ first. If Miami wants Richardson, then make it 2 firsts and mcgruder

Miami doesnt have 2020. Philly has their 2020. Miami would have to flip 2022

KingBeez

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
why the hell would miami give up all their young assets for :butler:???

a butler led heat team likely won't get to the ECF.

also whiteside might not get moved. he's actually playing well this season so far.
Breh I wouldn’t put it past them. I think pat riley is smarter than that, but apparently there was a deal on the table for Richardson but thibs pulled out of the deal and pat was pissed

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I am reading Minny board. They don't like it. They make good points. Harden has an ageless game. Butler should still be effective by 2023. 2025 is the only decent pick. They want something from a team like Washington or Miami. Not the Rockets
They’re right though which is why I like the deal for Houston. Ppl overvalue draft picks. If it ain’t the top of lottery, it’s a tradeable asset.

Last edited:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
They’re right though which is why I like the deal for Houston. Ppl overvalue draft picks. If it ain’t the top of lottery, it’s a readable asset.
Yall not the Nets. No offense but Harden is a MVP. CP3 is top 10. Butler is top 15. Capela is a top tier center. This isnt out of prime Joe Johnson and Deron, out of prime PP and Garnett or meh whatever Brook Lopez.

These are contenders. One of the best teams ever with Buckets. Not the same as the Nets. That was a bad deal due to the team. Let's say that was GS. Those picks would be ass and they would have won the deal

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I hear you, but its not even guaranteed that butler resigns with Houston. I wouldn’t doubt it, but he wants a max contract, and I’m hesitant on giving a 29 year old with bad knees who played under thibs forever the brinks truck

Rockets owner doesn't give a fukk. Let him deal with the shyt lol