Jimmy Butler shows up for 10 AM Heat training camp at 3:30 AM

Daps
Smh @ people who buy into this silly ass narrative that your only purpose in this world is to work long hours to the detriment of everything else in your life. Because that somehow means you're "getting ahead". Labor dynamics and wealth inequality in this country really got some of y'all heads fukked up and in the clouds.

Let me know the next time the OWNER of the Miami Heat puts out a press statement alerting the world that he showed up 6hrs early to a scheduled meeting. :mjlol:

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Did Jimmy explain why he didnt go to a contender and why he suddenly doesnt want to win or be in a big market ?

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Did Jimmy explain why he didnt go to a contender and why he suddenly doesnt want to win or be in a big market ?
He’s great friends with Wade, I’m sure he was sold hard on the Heat and their culture by him. The Heat culture that Riley & co have created does fit Jimmy well to be fair

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
While I respect his work ethic, this is some try hard shyt.

In the offseason, super early morning workouts are probably normal for top players. But showing up to training camp 7 hours early? Come on man, go get some sleep.

How is it normal? At the 2008 Olympics only Kobe was working out at 4am. :sas2: and Phil Jackson said most early morning it was only he and kobe at the practice facilities....i dont think it's normal for guys to be checking in at 6am and shyt whether it's offseason or in season

Butler didn't become who he was by getting some sleep. What's so wrong about showing up to training camp early to set the tone off top :why:

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
He’s great friends with Wade, I’m sure he was sold hard on the Heat and their culture by him. The Heat culture that Riley & co have created does fit Jimmy well to be fair

What culture is that ? not making the playoffs and being an average team year after year when you cant sign LeBron...

The Heat "culture" is so overrated to me :mjlol:

Riles has been a shyt talent evaluator for awhile now and is no longer a shrewd negotiator...The culture is actually just the city,palm trees and South Beach,team has been mediocre and ass for a minute...if they werent near the equator they'd be the Hornets...

Its ok if you change ur mind and just want to live in Miami near the beach and play basketball for a mediokcre team and dont care about wining thats fine,but it makes his word look worthless when heis exit interview he was so adamant about being on a contender in a big market :yeshrug:

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
How is it normal? At the 2008 Olympics only Kobe was working out at 4am. :sas2: and Phil Jackson said most early morning it was only he and kobe at the practice facilities....i dont think it's normal for guys to be checking in at 6am and shyt whether it's offseason or in season

Butler didn't become who he was by getting some sleep. What's so wrong about showing up to training camp early to set the tone off top :why:
Kobe had a system. He'd do the early workout, sleep/rest/eat, come back, repeat.

Jimmy makes it sound like he was in the gym for 7 hours until practice started. Silly.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Smh @ people who buy into this silly ass narrative that your only purpose in this world is to work long hours to the detriment of everything else in your life. Because that somehow means you're "getting ahead". Labor dynamics and wealth inequality in this country really got some of y'all heads fukked up and in the clouds.

Let me know the next time the OWNER of the Miami Heat puts out a press statement alerting the world that he showed up 6hrs early to a scheduled meeting. :mjlol:
This,
I got employee's that show up to work an hour early everyday. I show up 2 minutes after 8 like, :rudy: i bet there wasn't even much for ya'll do at 7 anyways. Yall still the first out the door when the clock hits five. I know you don't finish everything at the same exact time everyday. :camby: