Jim Sterling (Destructoid) : "Sony's PS Plus humiliates the game industry"

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
:myman:, MATRESSE BOY your post makes as much sense as your craigslist come up:umad::snoop::deadmanny:

washington, DC all for sale / wanted classifieds "mattress used" - craigslist

Looks like one of Court's neighbor's came up too!

3Kc3J43N15L45N65H5d24f5c46a41a93d1075.jpg

:mjpls:

Death6six6

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
anything coming from somebody named Cockmeat Sandwich and me responding to said person,is in itself nonsense,:ohlawd:

CONTINUE WITH YOUR STANNERY,I myself am a STAN OF VIDEOGAMES PERIOD,no allegiance to any one company,and I just call it like I see it,XBL has gotten ridiculous!

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
anything coming from somebody named Cockmeat Sandwich and me responding to said person,is in itself nonsense,:ohlawd:

CONTINUE WITH YOUR STANNERY,I myself am a STAN OF VIDEOGAMES PERIOD,no allegiance to any one company,and I just call it like I see it,XBL has gotten ridiculous!

:what: how has it "gotten ridiculous" it's the same price it's always been(even cheaper if you catch a promotion) and they've constantly been adding more stuff. If anything they've gotten less ridiculous as far as value is concerned.

courtdog

Drinks Blood from a Boot
Daps
Reppin
I live in the United States
:what: how has it "gotten ridiculous" it's the same price it's always been(even cheaper if you catch a promotion) and they've constantly been adding more stuff. If anything they've gotten less ridiculous as far as value is concerned.

Your right, so what he said should be considered... ridiculous :leon:
But I mean, he does spell mattress with one T and two E's so :smugbiden:

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps

the price of xbox live was raised in 2010. if you got it for under $59.99 you got it on sale. the only thing that rose xbl value is espn everything else is :ehh: and should be accessible on by people on the silver tier.

things that should be silver(free)
online play
netflix
hulu
lastfm
voice chat
msn
youtube

things that should gold(premium)
ability to instantly join friends game
the cloud
video chat
espn
ability to use xbox as cable receiver
hbo go
manga
cross chat

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
the price of xbox live was raised in 2010. if you got it for under $59.99 you got it on sale. the only thing that rose xbl value is espn everything else is :ehh: and should be accessible on by people on the silver tier.

things that should be silver(free)
online play
netflix
hulu
lastfm
voice chat
msn
youtube

things that should gold(premium)
ability to instantly join friends game
the cloud
video chat
espn
ability to use xbox as cable receiver
hbo go
manga
cross chat
Doesn't matter what you think should be free or not, point is the value has only gone up. Millions of gamers thought it was worth it to pay for the ability just to play games, since then new features have been added while the price has stayed the same

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
Doesn't matter what you think should be free or not, point is the value has only gone up. Millions of gamers thought it was worth it to pay for the ability just to play games, since then new features have been added while the price has stayed the same

that's the point though the price has gone up and most likely will go up again. most gamers are paying for xbl not because the apps but because you have to have xbl gold to play online. that's the real value of xbl and the only thing that they've added since 2010 that even justifies the price increase is hbo go,espn, and the ability to use the 360 as a cable receiver.

Death6six6

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Your right, so what he said should be considered... ridiculous :leon:
But I mean, he does spell mattress with one T and two E's so :smugbiden:

And yet you still have shyt stains on your MATTRESS from your :hamster: days,I could correct my mistake,you still sleep on yours,:deadmanny:

:snooze:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
that's the point though the price has gone up and most likely will go up again. most gamers are paying for xbl not because the apps but because you have to have xbl gold to play online. that's the real value of xbl and the only thing that they've added since 2010 that even justifies the price increase is hbo go,espn, and the ability to use the 360 as a cable receiver.

So if gamers are paying just for the ability to play online, yet they get bunch of extra stuff AND extra stuff is added all the time, wouldn't that mean the value is going up?

That espn app is pure piff and worth the full price per year on its own. Allot of people including myself have thrown away their cable boxes XBL is a great and much cheaper alternative. Yes some of the features can be had for free on other platforms, but no other platform packages them in one easy to use place, in such an intuitive and user friendly way.

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
So if gamers are paying just for the ability to play online, yet they get bunch of extra stuff AND extra stuff is added all the time, wouldn't that mean the value is going up?

That espn app is pure piff and worth the full price per year on its own. Allot of people including myself have thrown away their cable boxes XBL is a great and much cheaper alternative. Yes some of the features can be had for free on other platforms, but no other platform packages them in one easy to use place, in such an intuitive and user friendly way.

the bolded is ultimately the point and the reason why i broke down the ideal way xbl would work. nothing you've said goes against my point that online play and some other features should be free. i don't know nor do i have the number of people using the apps on xbl but i'm very sure that if you could play online for free the number of people paying for xbl would go down greatly. the ui being intuitive is subjective and up to the user but i well say that most new smart tvs and blu ray players ui are also easy and user friendly. value is also subjective not going to argue it...

Kodie

Pro
Daps
After I was done with Gears of War 3, I cancelled my XBL sub and figured I'd just pick it up again whenever I find another multiplayer game I want to play on XBL. I haven't run into that situation yet. Either I'm playing online on PC or I'm playing fighters on PS3. The only other console-only online game I've copped since then is Anarchy Reigns. I haven't cracked it open yet but I have the PS3 copy *shrugs*

I still play my XBox for XBLA or XBLIG exclusives and the remainder of my 360-only catalog (Bayonetta) but that's about it.

PS+ is basically a glorified rental service but it's worked for me. Played some games I wouldn't have played if it wasn't for PS+.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
the bolded is ultimately the point and the reason why i broke down the ideal way xbl would work. nothing you've said goes against my point that online play and some other features should be free. i don't know nor do i have the number of people using the apps on xbl but i'm very sure that if you could play online for free the number of people paying for xbl would go down greatly. the ui being intuitive is subjective and up to the user but i well say that most new smart tvs and blu ray players ui are also easy and user friendly. value is also subjective not going to argue it...

:ohhh: so if millions of people do find value in it, then it must be doing something right. Plenty of people have both systems yet they still choose to pay for XBL(including a bunch of the ps3 stand on this site). The value must be there, and if new stuff is being added, doesn't that mean the value is going up?

I have kids and there is no way they could just hop on the Internet and find Netflix, Hulu, espn, etc so yes the intuitive package is a big deal for some people. I also have a smart tv and the apps are asscheeks with no ability to upgrade them. Plus smart TV's don't charge a monthly fee but they are hundreds of dollars more than non-smart TV's so in essence you are paying even more than you would for XBL and you are getting less stuff in a less intuitive package.

If you don't see the value fine, but millions of people do, and the paid XBL service is much more popular than the free PSN service.

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
:ohhh: so if millions of people do find value in it, then it must be doing something right.

again value is subjective and not worth arguing about unless there are numbers backing them because i'm sure there are millions of people who just use their xbox for gaming purposes. i've had xbl for 8 years now and i rarely use any of the apps and i know a lot of people like me. :ooh: there could be millions like me. i have a ps3 and i rarely buy multiplatform games on it because i like xbl better also almost everybody i know has xbox live. frankly the reason why i personally like xbl over psn is mainly for the fact that i can join my friends games from the main menu. once again ui is purely subjective. i have a kid but i have no problem using my blu ray player to boot up netflix or hulu. i actually prefer it over the ps3 or xbox. so once again the point is the price has gone up and most likely will do so again.