Jim Sterling (Destructoid) : "Sony's PS Plus humiliates the game industry"

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
again value is subjective and not worth arguing about unless there are numbers backing them because i'm sure there are millions of people who just use their xbox for gaming purposes. i've had xbl for 8 years now and i rarely use any of the apps and i know a lot of people like me. :ooh: there could be millions like me. i have a ps3 and i rarely buy multiplatform games on it because i like xbl better and for the fact that almost i know has xbox live. frankly the reason why i personally like xbl over psn is mainly for the fact that i can join my friends games from the main menu. once again ui is purely subjective. i have a kid but i have no problem using my blu ray player to boot up netflix or hulu. i actually prefer it over the ps3 or xbox. so once again the point is the price has gone up and most likely will do so again.

So why did you quote me when all I was talking about is value? Doesn't matter if its subjective. If the price is staying the same(since 2010) and new stuff is being added all the time then doesn't that mean the value is going up? Doesn't matter how much you personally value it, but new stuff+ same price=more value.

As far as numbers Xbox releases it's numbers, and posts its activity every month. Sony hides its numbers, and never talks about PSN use. Who do you think has more people using their online service?

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
After I was done with Gears of War 3, I cancelled my XBL sub and figured I'd just pick it up again whenever I find another multiplayer game I want to play on XBL. I haven't run into that situation yet. Either I'm playing online on PC or I'm playing fighters on PS3. The only other console-only online game I've copped since then is Anarchy Reigns. I haven't cracked it open yet but I have the PS3 copy *shrugs*

I still play my XBox for XBLA or XBLIG exclusives and the remainder of my 360-only catalog (Bayonetta) but that's about it.

PS+ is basically a glorified rental service but it's worked for me. Played some games I wouldn't have played if it wasn't for PS+.

I've been done wit XBL Gold for a minute now...I just personally can't justify paying twice to play online regardless of the price. It's like going to the car dealership, coppin a new whip and then they charge you yearly to use the radio. If you don't pay the radio doesn't work. Anybody in they right mind would be like :wtf:

If someone is a heavy online gamer and only got a 360 I can't be mad at you though. Gotta do what you gotta do I guess...

...smarten up and cop a PS3 :ahh:

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
So why did you quote me when all I was talking about is value? Doesn't matter if its subjective. If the price is staying the same(since 2010) and new stuff is being added all the time then doesn't that mean the value is going up? Doesn't matter how much you personally value it, but new stuff+ same price=more value.

As far as numbers Xbox releases it's numbers, and posts its activity every month. Sony hides its numbers, and never talks about PSN use. Who do you think has more people using their online service?

:wtf:
1. I quoted you saying that the price of xbl did rise.

2. There is a direct correlation between the price rising with the implementation of new apps such as hbo go and espn. Gaining the rights to use and stream espn feeds alone must have cost Microsoft millions of dollars.

3. Microsoft releases xbl game activity, I could be wrong but I never seen them release activity for apps. If they do then I am most certain that the amount of people using the apps are meager compared to the people playing games online.

3. There is no correlation that xbl is popular because it's a paid service.

Fact: the price did raise
Opinion: ui is easy and there is value behind the price of xbl beyond playing games online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:wtf:
1. I quoted you saying that the price of xbl did rise.

2. There is a direct correlation between the price rising with the implementation of new apps such as hbo go and espn. Gaining the rights to use and stream espn feeds alone must have cost Microsoft millions of dollars.

3. Microsoft releases xbl game activity, I could be wrong but I never seen them release activity for apps. If they do then I am most certain that the amount of people using the apps are meager compared to the people playing games online.

3. There is no correlation that xbl is popular because it's a paid service.

Fact: the price did raise
Opinion: ui is easy and there is value behind the price of xbl beyond playing games online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. I never said the price didn't rise. I said the value did rise therefore it couldn't be "getting ridiculous" it would at least have to be "staying ridiculous" if the price has been the same for three years yet new services were being added.

2. Those aren't the only improvements since the implementation of XBL, and those aren't the only improvements since the price change. Any way you look at it. If gamers were willing to pay for the service just to play games, and new features are constantly added the value is going up.

3. They release game activity AND the number of members it has. Sony releases none of this information. Why would Sony not release those numbers?

Fact: plenty of people use their XBL accounts for more than gaming One million Xbox 360 users tap Netflix - CNET Mobile
That's after only 3 months, it's safe to say that without XBL Netflix wouldn't be what it is today.
Opinion: the improvements haven't added value

Edit: :ooh: I found this one too Xbox by the numbers: 20m Xbox Live users, 10m nongaming, 39m Xbox 360 consoles worldwide - JoyStiq

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
PSN is the #1 reason why i dont use my ps3 its that upsetting i rather pay for live tbh. I will be getting GOW and Last of us though

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:comeon: yeah and we all have 12 accounts apiece. Why are the lobby's of Xbox games always more full than ps3? Why doesn't Sony release actual usage numbers? Why won't Sony release the amount of ps+ subscribers?

With 90 million accounts they should be blowing the competition out the water and bragging about their numbers. They're not doing that I wonder why:ohhh:

:mindblown: Can you expound on this some more?? I am seriously perplexed at this erroneous and ostensibly fallacious statement being made here. Is there empirical evidence to support this?? I mean out of all the online MP games I've played on both consoles I've never seen "empty" lobbies even on old games.
That doesn't even make sense. It's like your saying if you fire up a game with popular MP on PS3 right now you'd run into empty lobbies but find matches amazingly fast on Xbox??

Global stats
PC online16 286
PS3 online 34 755
360 online32 544
Why is BF3 more popular on ps3 though??
bf3stats.com

I feel like you went on a slight tangent here.
Also your netflix usage on xbox link is kind of old don't you think?? That was from 2009.

PS3 is Netflix
Date of article was dec 5, 2012.

Yea but if you can answer my question with some years of evidence then thanks in advance. I'm not trying to go on a multiple page discourse now.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
:comeon: yeah and we all have 12 accounts apiece.
Wow at least PSN users have the luxury of making 12 accounts. that would cost Gold users about $720 a year..

Why are the lobby's of Xbox games always more full than ps3?
Can you prove this bullshyt?:heh: No, you cant

Why doesn't Sony release actual usage numbers? Why won't Sony release the amount of ps+ subscribers?
That usage number bullshyt dont account for people playing offline....Why wont Microsoft release the amount of Gold subscribers??

CurrencyChase

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ohio, Iowa, & Minnesota
So if gamers are paying just for the ability to play online, yet they get bunch of extra stuff AND extra stuff is added all the time, wouldn't that mean the value is going up?

That espn app is pure piff and worth the full price per year on its own. Allot of people including myself have thrown away their cable boxes XBL is a great and much cheaper alternative. Yes some of the features can be had for free on other platforms, but no other platform packages them in one easy to use place, in such an intuitive and user friendly way.

:comeon: what dude has been trying to say is that Microsoft is holding people hostage. They force you to take a package of services even if you want it or not by locking the abilities to play online into xbox gold. Dude saying a lot of gamers only want to pay to play online and they can care less about the features. The disgusting thing is the fact that they force you to pay more and force something onto you that you didn't care more about in the first place. People just want to play online. Ps+ give you a choice with their services because they don't use online play as hostage within their services. :yeshrug:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

:mindblown: Can you expound on this some more?? I am seriously perplexed at this erroneous and ostensibly fallacious statement being made here. Is there empirical evidence to support this?? I mean out of all the online MP games I've played on both consoles I've never seen "empty" lobbies even on old games.
That doesn't even make sense. It's like your saying if you fire up a game with popular MP on PS3 right now you'd run into empty lobbies but find matches amazingly fast on Xbox??
I didn't say you'd run into empty lobby's I said there are usually more members online.
Global stats
PC online16 286
PS3 online 34 755
360 online32 544
Why is BF3 more popular on ps3 though??
bf3stats.com
:ooh: so you found probably the only game to have more ps3 users. Too bad it's not even in the top ten if usage for XBL. We don't know where it sits for Sony cause they don't like releasing the numbers. I wonder why :ohhh:

I feel like you went on a slight tangent here.
Also your netflix usage on xbox link is kind of old don't you think?? That was from 2009.

PS3 is Netflix
Date of article was dec 5, 2012.
All of that is irrelevant, dude said that there weren't a lot of XBL users using features other than playing games. My links proved that was an incorrect statement. I know you can't resist to :cape: for Sony but that wasn't the point this time.

Yea but if you can answer my question with some years of evidence then thanks in advance. I'm not trying to go on a multiple page discourse now.
I can't definitively answer your question because Sony wont release the numbers. Judging by the numbers that are released and the fact that Sony wont release its numbers, I've come to the conclusion that XBL has more active users especially since the most popular online game black ops is known to have more XBL users, plus gears of war and halo(games not available on PSN) usualy compete with black ops. You can come to a different conclusion if you want but it wouldn't be very logical.

I'll leave you with a question. Why won't Sony release their numbers?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Wow at least PSN users have the luxury of making 12 accounts. that would cost Gold users about $720 a year..
:ohhh: so people having multiple accounts (mostly hackers) is a good thing. Well you learn something new everyday.

Can you prove this bullshyt?:heh: No, you cant
It's been observed and reported by gamers, but Sony wont release the numbers so we will never know for sure.
Why won't Sony release the numbers?

That usage number bullshyt dont account for people playing offline....Why wont Microsoft release the amount of Gold subscribers??
:why: uhh aren't we talking about online play here?

And the numbers that Microsoft releases are for gold accounts. If they included all the people that signed up for the free service on pc's the Microsoft website and other devices, there wouldn't even be a competition. Everybody that has a pc has a Microsoft account. Sony still reports numbers from psp users:dead:

CurrencyChase

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ohio, Iowa, & Minnesota
I didn't say you'd run into empty lobby's I said there are usually more members online.

:ooh: so you found probably the only game to have more ps3 users. Too bad it's not even in the top ten if usage for XBL. We don't know where it sits for Sony cause they don't like releasing the numbers. I wonder why :ohhh:

All of that is irrelevant, dude said that there weren't a lot of XBL users using features other than playing games. My links proved that was an incorrect statement. I know you can't resist to :cape: for Sony but that wasn't the point this time.

I can't definitively answer your question because Sony wont release the numbers. Judging by the numbers that are released and the fact that Sony wont release its numbers, I've come to the conclusion that XBL has more active users especially since the most popular online game black ops is known to have more XBL users, plus gears of war and halo(games not available on PSN) usualy compete with black ops. You can come to a different conclusion if you want but it wouldn't be very logical.

You sound like one of them apple stans before Samsung and android passed them by. Thats how i see the next generation. Sony will give them better service with better options and people will finally see the light.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

1. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  2. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
  3. EA Sports FIFA Soccer 13
  4. Halo 4
  5. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
  6. NBA 2K13
  7. Skyrim
  8. Call of Duty: Black Ops
  9. Madden NFL 13
  10. Battlefield 3
  11. Assassin’s Creed III
  12. Far Cry 3
  13. Modern Warfare 2
  14. GTA IV
  15. Borderlands 2
  16. Gears of War 3
  17. Halo: Reach
  18. Forza Motorsport 4
  19. Forza Horizon
  20. EA SPORTS NHL 13
Not really. I mean this is from Jan.2013. http://majornelson.com/2013/01/17/live-activity-for-week-of-january-7th/
Black Ops 2 on Ps3 had nearly 1 million users online a few days after launch. same thing with Black OPS 1. You'd be surprised at how many people play COD on PS3 also. Halo's peak population nowadays is like 65-70K in MP.
I leave you with a question.. Why are you asking me why don't sony release numbers ? :troll:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land