Jim Sterling (Destructoid) : "Sony's PS Plus humiliates the game industry"

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Not really. I mean this is from Jan.2013. Xbox Live's Major Nelson » LIVE Activity for week of January 7th :

I leave you with a question.. Why are you asking me why don't sony release numbers ? :troll:
And I bet there are millions more players on halo 3 than on uncharted 1 2 or 3. But Sony wont release the numbers so we will never know.

To answer your question it's because I'd like you to think about the situation logically, but I guess you can't do that.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:comeon: what dude has been trying to say is that Microsoft is holding people hostage. They force you to take a package of services even if you want it or not by locking the abilities to play online into xbox gold. Dude saying a lot of gamers only want to pay to play online and they can care less about the features. The disgusting thing is the fact that they force you to pay more and force something onto you that you didn't care more about in the first place. People just want to play online. Ps+ give you a choice with their services because they don't use online play as hostage within their services. :yeshrug:

Nobody is forced to do anything. People CHOOSE to buy Xbox's and pay for for XBL

XBL gold service. There are plenty of people on this site that have both systems yet still purchase XBL gold accounts. :ohhh: I wonder why, is it because the price is worth it?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And I bet there are millions more players on halo 3 than on uncharted 1 2 or 3. But Sony wont release the numbers so we will never know.

To answer your question it's because I'd like you to think about the situation logically, but I guess you can't do that.

Man you never let up with trolling.

Uncharted 1 doesn't have online.

And Halo 3 has less than a few thousand online right now. Probably less than 10K. Stop it man your trolling incessantly.

:laugh: this nikka said "millions more" on Halo 3. LOL nikka it ain't even 100K on halo 4 RIGHT NOW!

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nobody is forced to do anything. People CHOOSE to buy Xbox's and pay for for XBL

XBL gold service. There are plenty of people on this site that have both systems yet still purchase XBL gold accounts. :ohhh: I wonder why, is it because the price is worth it?

I haven't purchased a year's worth of XBL in well...ever.

Everytime I got XBL was through a deal. Either a $1/month deal and reupped for about 5 months or a random 1 month free trial. I do the same with buying games or anything else. I recently bought Arkham City GOTY edition for my computer for $4.74(you read that right) even though I beat it already. I bought LBP Karting(ass game) for $10. I bought Sonic All Star racing transformed for PC(amazing) but didn't plan on it.

I sometimes will pay a month's use of netflix and not even use it really. XBL imo isn't really worth it. I can assure you I have NEVER paid full retail for that shyt. Dudes acting like people go out and buy XBL cards with big ass kool aid smiles.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Man you never let up with trolling.

Uncharted 1 doesn't have online.

And Halo 3 has less than a few thousand online right now. Probably less than 10K. Stop it man your trolling incessantly.

:laugh: this nikka said "millions more" on Halo 3. LOL nikka it ain't even 100K on halo 4 RIGHT NOW!

How many people are playing uncharted online?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

I haven't purchased a year's worth of XBL in well...ever.

Everytime I got XBL was through a deal. Either a $1/month deal and reupped for about 5 months or a random 1 month free trial. I do the same with buying games or anything else. I bought Arkham City GOTY edition for my computer for $4.74(you read that right) even though I beta it already.

I sometimes will pay a month's use of netflix and not even use it really. XBL imo isn't really worth it. I can assure you I have NEVER paid full retail for that shyt.
Wouldn't that mean that other users are doing the same thing and even further raising the value of XBL. If you buy it when the sales are out you'll never pay full price. You would think that's a good thing, but Sony fanboy logic is ass backwards.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How many people are playing uncharted online?

Uncharted 2 before 3 came out had sometimes 50K daily players. That's great for a game with it's first foray into MP especially one considered SP.

3 doesn't have daily player counts. Only thing with players numbers ever known was the beta for 3 hitting 1 million players.
UNCHARTED 3 Multiplayer Beta Hits 1 Million+ Players, Co-op Adventure and New Map Hit 7/10 – PlayStation Blog

...and I'm done here! Your style is going to keep me going back and forth. Your going to simply post how ____________ game has thousands more players on Xbox and yadda yadda. That's brool story co.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
:ohhh: so people having multiple accounts (mostly hackers) is a good thing. Well you learn something new everyday.
what does multiple accounts have to do with hackers?? You claim to have 12.. Are you a hacker?? If I live with someone else that wants to play online, on Live they have to play on my profile or buy a new $60 subscription.. This what you support?

CurrencyChase

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ohio, Iowa, & Minnesota

“Apple iPhone overtook Samsung to become, for the first time, the number one mobile phone vendor in the influential United States market in the fourth quarter of 2012.”

:wtf: That's what you are not understanding, breh..The big bad Apple had to overtake Samsung in the 4th quarter. This is Apple we're talking about. :snoop:
My statement was if you offer good service, the tides will turn. You look at the phone industry 4 years ago and no one even comes close to apple. no one..the article that you posted actually proved the point i was trying to make. Xbox live is the top dog right now but next generation PS+ will rival and then pass it.

Why you ask? Just like Samsung/Android did apple - bring a better service with better choices (sdcard,micro-usb,Jelly bean,etc) and the tides will change when people see better value with choices.

CurrencyChase

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ohio, Iowa, & Minnesota

:comeon: You'll see. When that price raise again and PS4 offer a better service that don't for you to pay premium to play online, you'll see. Looseanus.

courtdog

Drinks Blood from a Boot
Daps
Reppin
I live in the United States
the price of xbox live was raised in 2010. if you got it for under $59.99 you got it on sale.
Yeah, except as soon as that happned M$ themselves were selling XBL from there dashboard for $39.99 :stopitslime:
Ebay always had them for that price and cheaper, and if you look via google you would find it for that price 80% of the time you look for it
So cut the bullshyt lotto...
They gonna do XBL Platinum and bite PS+ steez...but still charge basic online play with Gold
So what your saying is they will add a feature like PSN+, something you dikk ride for. But because xbox could do it :umad:
I get the games I like and/or wanna play cuz thats not a problem for me.
So the games PSN+ end up getting are games most ppl already would of had if they bought games over there :heh:
Thats an old article, the numbers have tripled since then :blessed:

courtdog

Drinks Blood from a Boot
Daps
Reppin
I live in the United States

That doesn't even make sense. It's like your saying if you fire up a game with popular MP on PS3 right now you'd run into empty lobbies but find matches amazingly fast on Xbox??

Global stats
PC online16 286
PS3 online 34 755
360 online32 544
Why is BF3 more popular on ps3 though??
bf3stats.com

I feel like you went on a slight tangent here.
Also your netflix usage on xbox link is kind of old don't you think?? That was from 2009.

PS3 is Netflix
Date of article was dec 5, 2012.

Yea but if you can answer my question with some years of evidence then thanks in advance. I'm not trying to go on a multiple page discourse now.
1. Battlefield 3 Xbox 360 sales top PlayStation 3 and PC combined - Battlefield 3
2. Reason Netflix is more popular on PS3 now is because what else you gonna use a ps3 for :flabbynsick:

Not really. I mean this is from Jan.2013. Xbox Live's Major Nelson » LIVE Activity for week of January 7th :
Black Ops 2 on Ps3 had nearly 1 million users online a few days after launch. same thing with Black OPS 1. You'd be surprised at how many people play COD on PS3 also. Halo's peak population nowadays is like 65-70K in MP.
I leave you with a question.. Why are you asking me why don't sony release numbers ? :troll:
Making up/inflating numbers is so demonic friend. Fatboi lies, women lie to him
Numbers don't :win:
1. Call of Duty: Black Ops II - PlayStation 3 - VGChartz BLK OPS SELLS 2MIL MORE COPIES ON XBOX Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Xbox 360 - VGChartz

2. [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtAjY42M-9w[/ame]
^^^ You, The Mods, The 3cepts, all of ya ^^^
antoine-dodson-dumb.gif

3 doesn't have daily player counts. Only thing with players numbers ever known was the beta for 3 hitting 1 million players.
UNCHARTED 3 Multiplayer Beta Hits 1 Million+ Players, Co-op Adventure and New Map Hit 7/10 – PlayStation Blog.
This nikka put up Beta numbers, could find it easily. But can't find the real game ones :wtf:
And there's nothing to this? Why you champion the fact they hide the numbers. You know why, you guys seem to be some intelligent fellows n shyt
What gives?

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
1. I never said the price didn't rise. I said the value did rise therefore it couldn't be "getting ridiculous" it would at least have to be "staying ridiculous" if the price has been the same for three years yet new services were being added.

:what: how has it "gotten ridiculous" it's the same price it's always been(even cheaper if you catch a promotion) and they've constantly been adding more stuff. If anything they've gotten less ridiculous as far as value is concerned.

2. Those aren't the only improvements since the implementation of XBL, and those aren't the only improvements since the price change. Any way you look at it. If gamers were willing to pay for the service just to play games, and new features are constantly added the value is going up.

Live Streaming ESPN Coming to Xbox 360? | PCWorld
That's the earliest mention of espn coming to xbox live

Xbox Live's Major Nelson » Price change for Xbox LIVE Gold subscription :
That's the official price change announcement

again the bolded is subjective because if someone only wants to play games online and does not care about the bells and whistles then obviously they(the bells and whistles) have no value to the user.

my 4 year old daughter could connect the big ass dots here breh. were there improvements to xbox live, sure. those improvements were mostly cosmetic though and wouldn't justify a price change unlike the additional content(rights and licenses) they acquired. more content = price increase....simple.

3. They release game activity AND the number of members it has. Sony releases none of this information. Why would Sony not release those numbers?

the only montly activity i found for xbl is for the most active games being played on xbl. there is no comparison for monthly game activity vs monthly nongaming activity. the only thing i found is that in 2011 40% of xbox activity were nongame related, but 50% > 40% which means there were more people playing games online or offline then there was people using apps. i don't know nor do i care about sony releasing their numbers. i also don't care about who has the most users online. this isn't a psn vs xbl argument to me. if you feel the need to champion xbl you're doing it against the wrong person. i literally don't get how this is hard for you. if someone owns an xbox and wants to play games online they(the average person) have no choice but to pay. if someone likes playing games online on xbl over psn they have to pay. the coli does not represent the average person so bringing up what the coli does is irrelevant. once again i'm not arguing with the value of xbl because value is purely subjective. the point still stands the price did go up due to new services(apps) being implemented. 2010(price increase)------>2011(espn is released on xbl)

Yeah, except as soon as that happned M$ themselves were selling XBL from there dashboard for $39.99 :stopitslime:
Ebay always had them for that price and cheaper, and if you look via google

Major Nelson said:
we do want to thank our loyal members and give you the opportunity to lock in your current price with an additional discount, so now would be a good time to renew your subscription.

the price of xbox live was raised in 2010. if you got it for under $59.99 you got it on sale.

if you paid less then $9.99, $24.99, or $59.99 you got it on sale because the average cost even on amazon are $9.99, $24.99, and $59.99. can it be found cheaper on amazon and google?......duh :aicmon:. :mindblown: