Jim Sterling (Destructoid) : "Sony's PS Plus humiliates the game industry"

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
At the bolded first off you are wrong plenty of features were added before the price hike but anyway

:why: wouldn't that mean the value went up if you purchased a XBL gold subscription in dec 2010 just cause you wanted to play games. Wouldn't any features added after that fact be increasing value? Even if you don't see the value of those things, you can't say the value is going down.

Again this all started because somebody said XBL gold was "GETTING ridiculous" I said it would have to be "already ridiculous" or getting "less ridiculous" seeing how the price has stayed the same for 3 years now, while new features were being added.

Value is subjective... Microsoft dictates to you what should be of value to you instead of giving you choices and options like Sony does..

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I dont know why this comes as a suprise. dollah bill be nickel and diming ya'll since the inception of the xbox when by not making a HDD standard, and then making ya'll pay more for 20GB HDD than we over here paying for like 160GB simply cuz the xbox only takes the xbox brand HDD whereas the PS3 lets u put in any 2.5" SATA drive.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
:ohhh: cause you get to pick which ps+ games you get.

Yea, you do out of whats available at the moment.. Last I checked the latest was Ninja Gaiden Sigma plus... But you make it seem like that's the only feature though

Theres also
Game Discounts (40-50% off, often)
Early Access to Some Demos
Beta Access
Cloud Storage
Automatic Patching/Firmware-Updates
1-Hour Free Access to Full Games

And the fact that probably less than half the users use Plus should tell you that the average gamer doesn'tgdoesn't give a fukk about all the extra shyt.. They just wanna play online and watch their Netflix...

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yea, you do out of whats available at the moment.. Last I checked the latest was Ninja Gaiden Sigma plus... But you make it seem like that's the only feature though

Theres also
Beta Access
Cloud Storage
^^^^^
All features available to XBL silver members. Except for the one hour access thing

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
At the bolded first off you are wrong plenty of features were added before the price hike but anyway

:why: wouldn't that mean the value went up if you purchased a XBL gold subscription in dec 2010 just cause you wanted to play games. Wouldn't any features added after that fact be increasing value? Even if you don't see the value of those things, you can't say the value is going down.

Again this all started because somebody said XBL gold was "GETTING ridiculous" I said it would have to be "already ridiculous" or getting "less ridiculous" seeing how the price has stayed the same for 3 years now, while new features were being added.

:snoop: come on b the espn app was launched after the price hike. all the features added before the price hike were dashboard updates or minor features nothing :mindblown:. inking out deals with the cable providers and espn would have cost them millions of dollars. rolling out the ground work for kinect xbl features would have also cost them millions. logic would dictate that some of the cost for these features was passed on to the consumers considering those features were added after the price hike. the bolded is wrong because in this sense value is purely subjective and relative to the individual. i find no value in xbl apps because i do not use them. i do not hold xbl apps in high regard. as someone with a decent computer i do not find xbl useful. i do not find the trade of money to pay for something that has no importance to me valuable. if you see my gamertag on netflix, espn, or whatever random app then that is not me. most likely my xbox is not in my office and my wife was too lazy to unplug the hdmi cable and put back it in the ps3. i pay $1- $2 to play games on xbl. i do not represent the majority of xbox users when it comes to paying for xbl and using me as some kind of example would be irrelevant, because i am not the average xbox user :ld:. you find xbl apps valuable and i'm not trying to convince you that they're not but you're wrong the price hasn't stayed the same while new features were added because the features that you :blessed: about were added after the price increase. lastly gamers that prefer online gaming on xbl over psn are forced to pay for apps that does not relate to gaming. let's just agree to disagree and you can move on to the psn vs xbl flame war.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:snoop: come on b the espn app was launched after the price hike. all the features added before the price hike were dashboard updates or minor features nothing :mindblown:. inking out deals with the cable providers and espn would have cost them millions of dollars. rolling out the ground work for kinect xbl features would have also cost them millions. logic would dictate that some of the cost for these features was passed on to the consumers considering those features were added after the price hike. the bolded is wrong because in this sense value is purely subjective and relative to the individual. i find no value in xbl apps because i do not use them. i do not hold xbl apps in high regard. as someone with a decent computer i do not find xbl useful. i do not find the trade of money to pay for something that has no importance to me valuable. if you see my gamertag on netflix, espn, or whatever random app then that is not me. most likely my xbox is not in my office and my wife was too lazy to unplug the hdmi cable and put back it in the ps3. i pay $1- $2 to play games on xbl. i do not represent the majority of xbox users when it comes to paying for xbl and using me as some kind of example would be irrelevant, because i am not the average xbox user :ld:. you find xbl apps valuable and i'm not trying to convince you that they're not but you're wrong the price hasn't stayed the same while new features were added because the features that you :blessed: about were added after the price increase. lastly gamers that prefer online gaming on xbl over psn are forced to pay apps may or may not want. let's just agree to disagree and you can move on to the psn vs xbl flame war.

Not reading all that. Basic logic dictates more features same price equals more value. Or at least not less value. That's it, I know you wanna :cape: for Sony but logic is logic:manny:

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
^^^^^
All features available to XBL silver members. Except for the one hour access thing

Since when can a Silver member utilize Cloud :what:

they do not have access to early demos.. Only Gold and plus

How can they get access to a beta... Betas are still online gaming:skip:

Silver members getting 50% off??

Dude your entire post is bull how dare you compare Plus to Silver :pacspit:

courtdog

Drinks Blood from a Boot
Daps
Reppin
I live in the United States
if you paid less then $9.99, $24.99, or $59.99 you got it on sale because the average cost even on amazon are $9.99, $24.99, and $59.99. can it be found cheaper on amazon and google?......duh :aicmon:. :mindblown:
Look bruh. can we cut the bullshyt for one second here? I see what your saying, but your basically lying to yourself. Its like saying the Wii won this GEN
Because reality is the average gamer isn't this total moron than can't easily find XBL for cheaper than those prices you keep wearing on your sleeve :stop:
Are you crying over the fact somebodies grandma didn't know any better than to look to see if its on sale?
The average "kid" didn't buy XBL, there parents did. The average adult?
If you a gamer too? You got, its well worth it. I'll get into why in a moment...
You forget Crackle (another free video service), Crunchy Roll (anime) and Neon Alley (PS exclusive anime channel) :popcorn:
:yawn: We already have all that, and instead of Neon Alley, we got Magna which is the premiere Anime destination which we had way before the japs :manny:
Value is subjective... Microsoft dictates to you what should be of value to you instead of giving you choices and options like Sony does..
Wrong, Microsoft dictates who has ultimate control in there "closed" online environment
Sony doesn't give you a choice, your stuck with this (you said you was a BF3 fan?)
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iapc9o_F0Cc[/ame]
I dont know why this comes as a suprise. dollah bill be nickel and diming ya'll since the inception of the xbox when by not making a HDD standard, and then making ya'll pay more for 20GB HDD than we over here paying for like 160GB simply cuz the xbox only takes the xbox brand HDD whereas the PS3 lets u put in any 2.5" SATA drive.
Thank you for that rant Beanie, now if you could take your :old: ass over to the corner and sit yo dumbass down.. thanks!

Theres also
Beta Access
Cloud Storage

And the fact that probably less than half the users use Plus should tell you that the average gamer doesn'tgdoesn't give a fukk about all the extra shyt.. They just wanna play online and watch their Netflix...
While most of that you get for free on xbox, if you pay for XBL you get all of that plus online gaming that isn't ran by cheaters.
That should be a big important deal to you, the most important.
PSN+/-/÷/x DOES NOT PROVIDE THE MOST IMPORTANT INGREDIENT TO STABILIZE THE ONLINE GAMING ENVIRONMENT
You can give them $100, your shyt still fukked up. Lets stop ignoring this cuz :umad: you can't watch Netflix for free :stopitslime:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Since when can a Silver member utilize Cloud :what:

they do not have access to early demos.. Only Gold and plus

How can they get access to a beta... Betas are still online gaming:skip:

Silver members getting 50% off??

Dude your entire post is bull how dare you compare Plus to Silver :pacspit:

When a beta is released it is usualy offered to all XBL members. You are right about cloud saves. Early demos go to silver users as well, yes gold members get them first, but silver members still get them before PSN members for some games.
All XBL members get discounts on games, some as low as 50% plus there are always promotions to reduce the cost of XBL gold.

Ps+ your are paying for "free" stuff and discounts.

How does it even make sense to PAY for free stuff and discounts that you don't even get to pick. They just give you old games that nobodies buying anymore. With silver at least the stuff you do get is actualy free.

:deadmanny: at you bragging about getting a 5 year old game for "free"

courtdog

Drinks Blood from a Boot
Daps
Reppin
When a beta is released it is usualy offered to all XBL members. You are right about cloud saves. Early demos go to silver users as well, yes gold members get them first, but silver members still get them before PSN members for some games.
All XBL members get discounts on games, some as low as 50% plus there are always promotions to reduce the cost of XBL gold.

Ps+ your are paying for "free" stuff and discounts.

How does it even make sense to PAY for free stuff and discounts that you don't even get to pick. They just give you old games that nobodies buying anymore. With silver at least the stuff you do get is actualy free.

:deadmanny: at you bragging about getting a 5 year old game for "free"
Bruh, are you hating on free cuz you gotta pay for live :leon:
Look, I seen the light. PSN is free, I don't care if online has hackers. I'm just happy to be here!!! :blessed:
And damn right those old ass games are FREE. But if you don't like those?
I heard they just got Ninja Gaiden Sigma dawg :bow:
And since I paid $50 I can now get updates just like all xbox live users get :dj2:
We even got Cloud storage for saving sht, cuz space isn't an issue like it is on xbox :bryan:
I don't have to worry about replacing my batteries on the controller EVER
I'm gonna put all my eggs in the "Last of Us" basket before anyone even plays the game. Then i'll wait til the ps4 drops :win:

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
Look bruh. can we cut the bullshyt for one second here?

i stopped reading right there....

btw: you probably didn't know because you don't play bf3 but that was a glitch not a hack. the glitch was on both ps3 and xbox 360 and dice fixed it.....a year ago.

btw: the video was taken from a xbox360 user :steviej:

Not reading all that. Basic logic dictates more features same price equals more value. Or at least not less value. That's it, I know you wanna :cape: for Sony but logic is logic:manny:

why would i :cape: something i literally do not use outside the random sony exclusive. your logic is failing you because you can not fathom value is subjective and relative to the individual. i know you're a stan and you want :cape: xbl but there is no need to ignore the blatanly obvious. do you though :manny:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

btw: you probably didn't know because you don't play bf3 but that was a glitch not a hack. the glitch was on both ps3 and xbox 360 and dice has fixed it.....a year ago.

why would i :cape: something i literally do not use outside the random sony exclusive. your logic is failing you because you can not fathom value is subjective and relative to the individual. i know you're a stan and you want :cape: xbl but there is no need to ignore the blatanly obvious. do you though :manny:

Opinion has nothing to do with this. More features for the same amount of money equals at least the same value. Not less value that's "getting ridiculous"

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Because reality is the average gamer isn't this total moron than can't easily find XBL for cheaper than those prices you keep wearing on your sleeve :stop:
At least here you're admitting that anyone paying $60 to have access to the shyt thats free on PSN is a moron

While most of that you get for free on xbox
, only thing you get for free with Silver is access to the market...
if you pay for XBL you get all of that plus online gaming that isn't ran by cheaters.
That should be a big important deal to you, the most important.
PSN+/-/÷/x DOES NOT PROVIDE THE MOST IMPORTANT INGREDIENT TO STABILIZE THE ONLINE GAMING ENVIRONMENT
You can give them $100, your shyt still fukked up. Lets stop ignoring this cuz :umad: you can't watch Netflix for free :stopitslime:

you always bytching about cheating but the only game you ever mention is Uncharted 3 like that one game represents the entire library of psn online games.. Since i've owned a ps3 the only game i've that i've played where cheaters make the online unplayable is the COD series.. No one should be still playing that garbage anyway.. none of the other games i've played were ruined by cheaters, quit spreading lies to get your desperate pathetic overexaggerated point across

@ the bolded

ACCESS to Netflix is free moron try and keep up

courtdog

Drinks Blood from a Boot
Daps
Reppin
Since I'm not a dumbass, I know the truth Dirty :umad:
Dont "choose" to carry on this way because I spat that truth.
You wrote way more than I did, now you didn't read it when I prove you wrong :stopitslime:
btw: you probably didn't know because you don't play bf3 but that was a glitch not a hack. the glitch was on both ps3 and xbox 360 and dice fixed it.....a year ago.

Sure they did. But I guess the No-Gun Glitch was something they'd get too after BF5 drops?

And here's ppl still complaining about the glitch a month ago
is no gun glitch ever going to get fixed? - Answer HQ
But okay, that still doesn't stop the hackers who run PSN
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laCbYvWzjv4[/ame]
No, thats what you did when you claimed you didn't read my reply to you :dead:
Man up Dirty, Man up...

Last edited by a moderator: