YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Live Streaming ESPN Coming to Xbox 360? | PCWorld
That's the earliest mention of espn coming to xbox live

Xbox Live's Major Nelson » Price change for Xbox LIVE Gold subscription :
That's the official price change announcement

again the bolded is subjective because if someone only wants to play games online and does not care about the bells and whistles then obviously they(the bells and whistles) have no value to the user.

my 4 year old daughter could connect the big ass dots here breh. were there improvements to xbox live, sure. those improvements were mostly cosmetic though and wouldn't justify a price change unlike the additional content(rights and licenses) they acquired. more content = price increase....simple.

the only montly activity i found for xbl is for the most active games being played on xbl. there is no comparison for monthly game activity vs monthly nongaming activity. the only thing i found is that in 2011 40% of xbox activity were nongame related, but 50% > 40% which means there were more people playing games online or offline then there was people using apps. i don't know nor do i care about sony releasing their numbers. i also don't care about who has the most users online. this isn't a psn vs xbl argument to me. if you feel the need to champion xbl you're doing it against the wrong person. i literally don't get how this is hard for you. if someone owns an xbox and wants to play games online they(the average person) have no choice but to pay. if someone likes playing games online on xbl over psn they have to pay. the coli does not represent the average person so bringing up what the coli does is irrelevant. once again i'm not arguing with the value of xbl because value is purely subjective. the point still stands the price did go up due to new services(apps) being implemented. 2010(price increase)------>2011(espn is released on xbl)

if you paid less then $9.99, $24.99, or $59.99 you got it on sale because the average cost even on amazon are $9.99, $24.99, and $59.99. can it be found cheaper on amazon and google?......duh :aicmon:. :mindblown:

:wtf: why are you still replying to me? You said there is no point in arguing value yet you keep quoting me about value. Again all I said is that features have gone up while the price has remained the same for 3 years. Any way you cut it, that's value going up, or at least it's not value going down. You could say it was never a good deal to begin with but saying "it's getting ridiculous" is totaly off base.

As for your rant about the prices. ALL items have a higher msrp than what they are actually sold for. If you can ALWAYS find a discount for XBL, wouldn't that be added value as well?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Uncharted 2 before 3 came out had sometimes 50K daily players. That's great for a game with it's first foray into MP especially one considered SP.

3 doesn't have daily player counts. Only thing with players numbers ever known was the beta for 3 hitting 1 million players.
UNCHARTED 3 Multiplayer Beta Hits 1 Million+ Players, Co-op Adventure and New Map Hit 7/10 – PlayStation Blog

...and I'm done here! Your style is going to keep me going back and forth. Your going to simply post how ____________ game has thousands more players on Xbox and yadda yadda. That's brool story co.

:ohhh: so you'll report the peak of usership when talking about a Sony title, but you wanna look for the lowest usership when talking about a Microsoft title.

Comparing peak user levels there is no competition, and even today after both games have gone down in usership, there are still more people playing halo.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:wtf: That's what you are not understanding, breh..The big bad Apple had to overtake Samsung in the 4th quarter. This is Apple we're talking about. :snoop:
My statement was if you offer good service, the tides will turn. You look at the phone industry 4 years ago and no one even comes close to apple. no one..the article that you posted actually proved the point i was trying to make. Xbox live is the top dog right now but next generation PS+ will rival and then pass it.

Why you ask? Just like Samsung/Android did apple - bring a better service with better choices (sdcard,micro-usb,Jelly bean,etc) and the tides will change when people see better value with choices.

You have entirely no clue what your talking about. Samsung has been the number one phone manufacturer for over 5 years. Apple has never been number one. Q4 of last year was apples first time being number one. If the tides are turning, wouldn't that mean they're turning in apples direction?

Same with ps3 and 360. Last generation Sony was number one by far, there was no competition. This generation they have been in dead last, and have only now caught up. Wouldn't that mean that the tides turned in microsofts direction?

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Vdgchartz.com
Xbox
North America: 4.01m. 60.6%
+ Europe: 1.92m. 29.0%
+ Japan: 0.05m. 0.8%
+ Rest of the World: 0.64m. 9.7%
= Global 6.63m

PS3
North America: 2.49m. 40.3%
+ Europe: 2.40m. 38.9%
+ Japan: 0.29m. 4.6%
+ Rest of the World: 1.01m. 16.3%
= Global 6.19m

Thats pretty damn good for a console that dropped a whole year after 360... Charts also show how dumb america is than the rest of the world since the ps3 offered the 1st expansion dlc for free with pre order on the bf3 on top of their being no charge to play the shyt online for the superior console with the superior library of GAMES
2. Reason Netflix is more popular on PS3 now is because what else you gonna use a ps3 for :flabbynsick:

We can play any game online free of charge..

Also

YouTube

MLB.tv

Facebook

Sunday Ticket

College sports

NHL

Browse the internet

Amazon Instant Video

Hulu Plus

Vudu

Qriosity

Home :troll:

:manny:

]

CurrencyChase

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ohio, Iowa, & Minnesota
You have entirely no clue what your talking about. Samsung has been the number one phone manufacturer for over 5 years. . Apple has never been number one. Q4 of last year was apples first time being number one. If the tides are turning, wouldn't that mean they're turning in apples direction?

Same with ps3 and 360. Last generation Sony was number one by far, there was no competition. This generation they have been in dead last, and have only now caught up. Wouldn't that mean that the tides turned in microsofts direction?

You trolling. The is no need for anymore serious discussion with you regarding this matter. all you xbots seems to either be this way or you guys have a lot of alias

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
Also
YouTube
MLB.tv
Facebook
Sunday Ticket
College sports
NHL
Browse the internet
Amazon Instant Video
Hulu Plus
Vudu
Qriosity
]

You forget Crackle (another free video service), Crunchy Roll (anime) and Neon Alley (PS exclusive anime channel) :popcorn:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You trolling. The is no need for anymore serious discussion with you regarding this matter. all you xbots seems to either be this way or you guys have a lot of alias

:mindblown:What are you talking about. the article i posted said apple beat samsung for the FIRST TIME EVER

Here is another link Apple Reigns as Top U.S. Phone Seller in Q4 | Top Tech News
The new ordering also showed Samsung nudging its market share from 31.8 percent to 32.3 percent. Samsung has held the top position in this market for four years, and it still is No. 1 for all of 2012, with a 31.8 percent share versus Apple's 26.2 percent. In 2011, Samsung's U.S. share was 27 percent.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
You forget Crackle (another free video service), Crunchy Roll (anime) and Neon Alley (PS exclusive anime channel) :popcorn:

Yea man I couldn't name all the rest off the top of my head because all I do is play the games on and offline, watch YouTube netflix and browse the web...

:skip: just imagine Sony forcing us to pay just for for the "privilege" to access thoses apps through psn..

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
Yea man I couldn't name all the rest off the top of my head because all I do is play the games on and offline, watch YouTube netflix and browse the web...

:skip: just imagine Sony forcing us to pay just for for the "privilege" to access thoses apps through psn..

Yea if they did that I wouldn't be using PSN either...but Sony uses common sense sooooooo:manny:

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Vdgchartz.com
Xbox
North America: 4.01m. 60.6%
+ Europe: 1.92m. 29.0%
+ Japan: 0.05m. 0.8%
+ Rest of the World: 0.64m. 9.7%
= Global 6.63m

PS3
North America: 2.49m. 40.3%
+ Europe: 2.40m. 38.9%
+ Japan: 0.29m. 4.6%
+ Rest of the World: 1.01m. 16.3%
= Global 6.19m

Thats pretty damn good for a console that dropped a whole year after 360... Charts also show how dumb america is than the rest of the world since the ps3 offered the 1st expansion dlc for free with pre order on the bf3 on top of their being no charge to play the shyt online for the superior console with the superior library of GAMES

Also

YouTube

MLB.tv

Facebook

Sunday Ticket

College sports

NHL

Browse the internet

Amazon Instant Video

Hulu Plus

Vudu

Qriosity

:manny:

]
:laff: at that still being the justification they have almost the same amount with install base. its pathetic.

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
:wtf: why are you still replying to me? You said there is no point in arguing value yet you keep quoting me about value. Again all I said is that features have gone up while the price has remained the same for 3 years.

again i am telling you the price went up before the features were implemented and there has been no new :mindblown: features added since then just cosmetic updates and improvements. why am i quoting you it's obvious your trying really hard not to understand that the cost of all the new features was already effectively passed to the consumers with the price increase in 2010.

*bows out this thread*

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
again i am telling you the price went up before the features were implemented and there has been no new :mindblown: features added since then just cosmetic updates and improvements. why am i quoting you it's obvious your trying really hard not to understand that the cost of all the new features was already effectively passed to the consumers with the price increase in 2010.

*bows out this thread*

At the bolded first off you are wrong plenty of features were added before the price hike but anyway

:why: wouldn't that mean the value went up if you purchased a XBL gold subscription in dec 2010 just cause you wanted to play games. Wouldn't any features added after that fact be increasing value? Even if you don't see the value of those things, you can't say the value is going down.

Again this all started because somebody said XBL gold was "GETTING ridiculous" I said it would have to be "already ridiculous" or getting "less ridiculous" seeing how the price has stayed the same for 3 years now, while new features were being added.