Jim Ryan says you should "expect more acquisitions" from PlayStation

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I do think if anyone would get hints about it it would be someone like Keighly. Obviously most the other “insiders” are bullshytting as they never come close to guessing the actual acquisitions that happen.

But i agree with the actual premise. Vague posting on twitter about shyt is becoming the lamest way to self promote
Geoff Keighley has heard about other big video game deals in final stages of negotiations 20 something page thousand post thread on ResetERA for essentially saying nothing of substance.

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
@Gizmo_Duck
I don't fukk w/ CDPR, but I hope Sony buys it, maybe they'll end up making better games. Sony already has single player AAA games, but maybe they use GOG to put their games day&date on pc.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Microsoft turning another industry to shyt :ehh:
Microsoft redefined and standardized the console experience. The modern console experience we have was mostly stuff they introduced or do you remember online gaming on the PS2 or even it's operating system? PSN is a direct response to Xbox Live, Trophies are a direct response to achievements. Mainstream consoles didn't come with wireless controllers originally before Microsoft did it. Those controllers didn't naturally interface with a PC for plug and play. Hard drives bundled with the console. Single screen name across all games, cross game chat, and cross game invites. Voice chat from the controller with a simple plug in headset, included with the console.

There's a lot of stuff they introduced and standardized in this space that you probably take for granted.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
@Gizmo_Duck
I don't fukk w/ CDPR, but I hope Sony buys it, maybe they'll end up making better games. Sony already has single player AAA games, but maybe they use GOG to put their games day&date on pc.

It’s really their only real counterpunch to Elder Scrolls being xbox exclusive. There are no other big WRPG pub/devs that make games as big as Bethesda that fit what Sony is doing.

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
Microsoft redefined and standardized the console experience. The modern console experience we have was mostly stuff they introduced or do you remember online gaming on the PS2 or even it's operating system? PSN is a direct response to Xbox Live, Trophies are a direct response to achievements. Mainstream consoles didn't come with wireless controllers originally before Microsoft did it. Those controllers didn't naturally interface with a PC for plug and play. Hard drives bundled with the console. Single screen name across all games, cross game chat, and cross game invites. Voice chat from the controller with a simple plug in headset, included with the console.

There's a lot of stuff they introduced and standardized in this space that you probably take for granted.

Should have put half of that effort into games TBH
You don't play features.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
20 years later tho
You realize this is a corporation and the people in control now weren't the people in control 20 years ago. The head of the division has changed multiple times since then as has the corporate structure. The people running this now aren't responsible for stuff people no longer around did.