Jim Ryan says you should "expect more acquisitions" from PlayStation

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
You realize this is a corporation and the people in control now weren't the people in control 20 years ago. The head of the division has changed multiple times since then as has the corporate structure. The people running this now aren't responsible for stuff people no longer around did.

No excuse.

Phil was always there
Greenberg goofy ass there

Phil been in charge since 2015 and promised new games every year... Tumbleweeds

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Xbox Studios put out like 4 game of the year candidates / winners on different publications last year and that's despite COVID impacting stuff.
2021, he's been in charge since 2014 promising new games annually

EWZ1rhRXQAEJEBo

Canon

Veteran
Daps
It’s really their only real counterpunch to Elder Scrolls being xbox exclusive. There are no other big WRPG pub/devs that make games as big as Bethesda that fit what Sony is doing.
Do you count horizon as a wrpg?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
2021, he's been in charge since 2014 promising new games annually

EWZ1rhRXQAEJEBo
Can you tell me how much actual power he had to change anything at Microsoft? He reported to the head of Windows for example at one point. Are you telling me you can't see his level of influence has changed from then to now?

Have you ever really heard anybody in PR for a company shyt on their own company? What's he supposed to say we're gonna have a shyt lineup why bother buying our product?

It's always going to be this way so why are you pretending there's a chance you'd call it another way? The talking points are already shifting from they don't have any games to they're ruining gaming by acquiring companies.

If they don't do things exactly the way your preferred company does them here comes the criticism and when what that's directed at is no longer valid the target will change. What doesn't seem to change is the guy getting his props. He took Xbox from a division Microsoft was gonna cast off to 68 billion dollar purchases to bolster and the CEO directly speaking about his ambitious for the division. He deserves props.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Can you tell me how much actual power he had to change anything at Microsoft? He reported to the head of Windows for example at one point. Are you telling me you can't see his level of influence has changed from then to now?

Have you ever really heard anybody in PR for a company shyt on their own company? What's he supposed to say we're gonna have a shyt lineup why bother buying our product?

It's always going to be this way so why are you pretending there's a chance you'd call it another way? The talking points are already shifting from they don't have any games to they're ruining gaming by acquiring companies.

If they don't do things exactly the way your preferred company does them here comes the criticism and when what that's directed at is no longer valid the target will change. What doesn't seem to change is the guy getting his props. He took Xbox from a division Microsoft was gonna cast off to 68 billion dollar purchases to bolster and the CEO directly speaking about his ambitious for the division. He deserves props.

he ran Xbox. First it wasn't he wasn't in charge, then when he got in charge he kept promising and not delivering.

those were words out of his mouth. no one asked for him to cap like dat.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
he ran Xbox. First it wasn't he wasn't in charge, then when he got in charge he kept promising and not delivering.

those were words out of his mouth. no one asked for him to cap like dat.
Can you not admit he's done amazing work? Can't you look at the results of the last several years and admit that the guy has done transformative work? Once he noticeable got the support of Microsoft's CEO he totally turned that division around from the Xbox One days to now. He's making the moves necessary to get them competitive. I don't think anybody that owns an Xbox can complain about the state of things right now. I haven't really heard any Xbox owners voicing displeasure about the job he's doing.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Can you not admit he's done amazing work? Can't you look at the results of the last several years and admit that the guy has done transformative work? Once he noticeable got the support of Microsoft's CEO he totally turned that division around from the Xbox One days to now. He's making the moves necessary to get them competitive. I don't think anybody that owns an Xbox can complain about the state of things right now. I haven't really heard any Xbox owners voicing displeasure about the job he's doing.

Why are you defending that white mans honor? It’s black history month