Jim Ryan says you should "expect more acquisitions" from PlayStation

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
From the sound of it, Forbidden West will have different builds :patrice:

I mean realistically there is almost zero difference between witcher and horizon, rpg-wise. Theres a bit more actual choice based narrative in witcher but that alone doesn’t make it more of an rpg really. The biggest difference is that, and horizon has good gameplay so people don’t feel comfortable calling it an rpg outright. Usually western rpgs (that use real time combat) have underwhelming combat, so anything that focuses on precision and a bunch of button presses isn’t typically viewed the same way.

I mean people feel comfortable calling ass-creed a full on rpg now so anything goes

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
I mean realistically there is almost zero difference between witcher and horizon, rpg-wise. Theres a bit more actual choice based narrative in witcher but that alone doesn’t make it more of an rpg really. The biggest difference is that, and horizon has good gameplay so people don’t feel comfortable calling it an rpg outright. Usually western rpgs (that use real time combat) have underwhelming combat, so anything that focuses on precision and a bunch of button presses isn’t typically viewed the same way.

I mean people feel comfortable calling ass-creed a full on rpg now so anything goes

Witcher 3 you can make different builds though, you can't do that with Horizon. Witcher you can make a sword build, sign build, mutations build, or hybrid and there's Armour and weapons that support each build. It might not be a full blown rpg, but it'd pretty close with the points system.

There's really no points system in Horizon, you just unlock things and upgrade

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Witcher 3 you can make different builds though, you can't do that with Horizon. Witcher you can make a sword build, sign build, mutations build, or hybrid and there's Armour and weapons that support each build. It might not be a full blown rpg, but it'd pretty close with the points system.

There's really no points system in Horizon, you just unlock things and upgrade

yeah, even then...the build variety in Witcher 3 is still pretty shallow, its usually picking 2 out of 3 skill trees instead of actually being a focused "caster' or "potion user". Its also so easy to respec you can pretty much experience a large portion of the actual variety in the game. A lot of the skill paths also don't feel as useful as others. I bet if we saw stats based on the skills people choose they all lean toward Quen and Igni

but i expect Horizon 2 to be pretty close to that....

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Like i said in another thread. Nothing really changes if Sony buys square. Square games already sell mostly on sony anyway.

Capcom is the big acquisition here for whoever picks them up (if anyone picks them up)

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Like i said in another thread. Nothing really changes if Sony buys square. Square games already sell mostly on sony anyway.

Capcom is the big acquisition here for whoever picks them up (if anyone picks them up)

Sony is not buying Capcom or Square. They buy developers that they will put to use. Capcom and Square have like 15 developers whats the point of Sony buying them if they are going to use majority of the time maybe 5 out of the 15. Plus they get exclusives from them anyways. I don't see microsoft picking them up either because one both are Japanese companies and it isn't that easy for an American company to snatch up a Japanese Publisher. Plus nobody cares about the brand in Japan. Microsoft looks like it's going for western domination which make sense since they can close the gap with Sony alot easier on this side.

Yall keep thinking Microsoft and Sony but Nintendo could fukk around buy capcom.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yall keep thinking Microsoft and Sony but Nintendo could fukk around buy capcom.

They’d have to cancel the majority of games they have in production lol

cc2e8fc533edea550ea7ed16e2817048a496e1e7.gifv

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Logistically speaking, i don’t think sony or nintendo are willing to take on a major publisher acquisition. One it doesn’t make a lot of sense for their brand of small ‘family’ oriented studio structures, where people share and collab with each other. Two, I don’t believe either company wants the responsibility of now running an entire other company and bringing on thousands of employees with a ton of redundancy. I think Bungie worked because they are self-sustaining and still relatively small at 900 employees, compared to something like capcom or square with many non-gaming divisions attached to them.

Thats why i said if sony buys a publisher it’s gonna be something like CDPR that just have the two IP’s and small dev studios attached to them.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Logistically speaking, i don’t think sony or nintendo are willing to take on a major publisher acquisition. One it doesn’t make a lot of sense for their brand of small ‘family’ oriented studio structures, where people share and collab with each other. Two, I don’t believe either company wants the responsibility of now running an entire other company and bringing on thousands of employees with a ton of redundancy. I think Bungie worked because they are self-sustaining and still relatively small at 900 employees, compared to something like capcom or square with many non-gaming divisions attached to them.

Thats why i said if sony buys a publisher it’s gonna be something like CDPR that just have the two IP’s and small dev studios attached to them.

Exactly Sony has never bought publishers since they been in gaming. I don't see them changing there stance in this. A more realistic buy would be FromSoftware, ArcSys, or level-5, I think the next acquisition for Sony is definitely goin to be a Japanese one.

Canon

Veteran
Daps
Exactly Sony has never bought publishers since they been in gaming. I don't see them changing there stance in this. A more realistic buy would be FromSoftware, ArcSys, or level-5, I think the next acquisition for Sony is definitely goin to be a Japanese one.
there is a first time for everything

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Yep, pretty much. They will continue to do the money hats with capcom and square cause they have good relationships but acquisitions targets are kadokawa, Arcsys, and maybe even platinum.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yep, pretty much. They will continue to do the money hats with capcom and square cause they have good relationships but acquisitions targets are kadokawa, Arcsys, and maybe even platinum.

They own a stake in Kadokawa already but I forgot about Platinum being open.

:ohhh: