Jim Ryan says you should "expect more acquisitions" from PlayStation

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I wouldn't be surprised if they make a play for Konami and then a move into the PC market.

they would get an exclusive football game, Metal Gear, Silent Hill, and Castlevania. All have a lot of cross-media appeal. Only problem is they are only getting IP and no real talent. and that Derpy fox engine that hasn't been updated since last gen.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Sony buying Square would be a waste of money, just like Microsoft buying Square would be a waste of money.

I don't think so, i think it would really revitalize sonys presence in Japan. We also know sony ain't lettin go of Final Fantasy, so if they want to keep the IP that might be what they have to do

also, they get their back catalogue for their gaming service

squaresoft-games.jpg

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
Neither Microsoft or Sony buying take two. If one does it will be microsoft. Sony would be better off with Square and Capcom.

GTA and 2K exclusive will be a far more horrific blow than Final Fantasy
T2 better stay independent lol

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
I don't think so, i think it would really revitalize sonys presence in Japan. We also know sony ain't lettin go of Final Fantasy, so if they want to keep the IP that might be what they have to do

Sony and Square have a great relationship already though. Why pay several billions for a publisher that already gives you everything you want? Final Fantasy is damn near already a PlayStation exclusive, the only reason would be to insure that Microsoft can’t buy them, but Microsoft buying Square would actually make less sense than Sony.

Edit: Your second point would be a good idea.