Jim Ryan says you should "expect more acquisitions" from PlayStation

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I think Konami is coming. There's going to be something. Either an acquisition or an exclusivity deal. They have too much IP just sitting doing nothing. I've always said that The Witcher 3 was the template for a Castlevania update that Konami should have done. Gears of War is the Contra update they should have done. Dust off Snatcher and give it the LA Noir treatment. They have so much stuff, that is ripe for eager young developers with the vision and imagination, to do something great.

Not only that but sony have the licensing rights for Metal Gear Solid movie, I’m sure they want a nice game tie-in

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
Sont stan mad MS started a fight they can't lose:mjlol:

Please, if Microsoft wants to win they better start buying it all right now. With their bullshyt about them not being in the console war this cycle and trying to play the nice guy:russ:. And if Sony stans are mad it's rightfully so, because what Microsoft did was underhanded:sas1:. Remember what happened the last time someone did some underhanded crap to them:sas2:.

I'm a Sony stan, but I'm in. Between Microsoft and Sony. Then Valve doing their thing with the Steam Deck with a focus on Linux. This cycle is going to be a interesting one for the history books.
giphy.gif

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Please, if Microsoft wants to win they better start buying it all right now. With their bullshyt about them not being in the console war this cycle and trying to play the nice guy:russ:. And if Sony stans are mad it's rightfully so, because what Microsoft did was underhanded:sas1:. Remember what happened the last time someone did some underhanded crap to them:sas2:.

I'm a Sony stan, but I'm in. Between Microsoft and Sony. Then Valve doing their thing with the Steam Deck with a focus on Linux. This cycle is going to be a interesting one for the history books.
giphy.gif

yep, they don't even know what they're asking for. Eventually sony is gonna make an acquisition they really don't like. Especially now that microsoft got their hands tied with Acitivision

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
@Gizmo_Duck what if they buy From Software :lupe:

i think they would have to buy kadokawa which they're already a minority owner of. It's not out of the realm of possibility, im not sure if its a good buy just for Fromsoftware though.

I tie too much of From to Miyazaki like Kojima to his studio. if they leave what do we really have?

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
i think they would have to buy kadokawa which they're already a minority owner of. It's not out of the realm of possibility, im not sure if its a good buy just for Fromsoftware though.

I tie too much of From to Miyazaki like Kojima to his studio. if they leave what do we really have?
Give Miyazaki an offer he can't refuse :mjlit:

"You won't be forced to make any sequels" - Sony

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
yep, they don't even know what they're asking for. Eventually sony is gonna make an acquisition they really don't like. Especially now that microsoft got their hands tied with Acitivision

Them acquiring Square Enix would break the internet in a similar way to what the Activision acquisition has done. Then announcing a Chrono trigger remake.

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
Them acquiring Square Enix would break the internet in a similar way to what the Activision acquisition has done. Then announcing a Chrono trigger remake.
For social media but it would damn near be status quo

Xbox had to wait like 10 years to get a kingdom hearts collection ps3 got….and that’s two major FF games in the last 5 years not on their console

Square going exclusive is damn near business as usual

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
For social media but it would damn near be status quo

Xbox had to wait like 10 years to get a kingdom hearts collection ps3 got….and that’s two major FF games in the last 5 years not on their console

Square going exclusive is damn near business as usual

it would hurt nintendo the most