Jermaine Dupri Speaks out against AI technology infiltrating the music industry

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Oh shyt you in STEM; you should be way more away of how AI effects all aspects of lyfe then.

I actually am anticipating it for some of my own selfish needs.

I'm tired of dealing with engineers who don't know shyt :lolbron:
I pretty much share this view on it (which was a post I read today):

Like I really do think A.I is great, but man, it's more of a floor raiser than it is an outright industry/value replacer.

Last edited:

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
Used to

Hip hop community used to care about fake ness

Nowadays all the girls aspire to be Gina from fresh prince in the earthquake episode

Drake got a whole team of ghostwriters

It's only right we start replacing y'all with AI, who gives a damn about the rappers background as long as the song is hot, right? Rick Ross fans that's how it is right?

Bring on the AI musicians we ready
You gotta point. Even art fake. Assistants paint the work and the artist signs it once they finished.

Daps
Reppin
St louis
Prince would be one of the main artist rallying against A.I.

the Gawd is no longer with us.
NgQusyr.png

UKVu0t8.gif

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
And I wouldn't want everyone to sit in a room with JD, BCox, Muni Long, Metro, Mustard, Terius Nash, etc and write a song. This is how you get new sounds and sub-genres. AI can't do that...at least not yet because it's cannibalizing existing music. The randomness of human intervention allows for that. AI isn't truly sentient and thus can't do this.

Where's the passion and creativity in your process? Sometimes a song will take longer than 30 minutes, 6 hours, a weekend, a month...sometimes you have to put some sweat-equity into your art. It makes it better.

It ain't like your audience can consume this extra abundance in your output anyway. So take your time and put out the best product you can do.

I have been writing for years. Most songs take way longer than 30 mins.

My point is that being in a room with other brains is helpful to the process vs writing alone. Especially when those brains are songwriters.

If the AI throws me a decebt line I can flip around and edit or it gives a different vocal melody, then that's my co-writer partner.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
This sh*t has been going on since day one. Back in the days you had to save money to buy a keyboard, a MPC or SP1200 drum machine, Technique 1200 turntables, etc. Making music was for those that really really wanted to do it no matter what. Napster came and people starting sharing music. Fruity Loops and other programs came in and you didn't have to buy a drum machine to make beats. Serato came in for DJ's and you didn't have to lug crates of records around anymore. Then streaming, etc. They've embraced pretty much everything except Napster and now A.I. Should've rejected it all from the jump. Its too late now.

Marco Zen

Black Privilege
Daps
Reppin
The Other A
No; but as fans we should feel bad cause we're the consumer.

I love music.

I have 0 interest in consuming AI music.

If this is the future I'm listening to only old shyt and will pay to see real LIVE acts.

KISS just sold the rights to have hologram concerts. people will actually pay 2 see that. I can't get jiggy with that.

They already have AI OF/IG hoes and people are paying to look at robots.

its matrix/total recall shyt manifesting.

I'm with you. I'm just now finding out about this actually but I'm not surprised. This is kinda where we were headed anyway.

I make beats. I have logic pro and I love creating art thru making beats. I actually make the whole beat, I cut and chop the sample, i come up with the melody and play it on keys as well as the drum pattern blah blah blah.. but alot of the nikkaz I know that "make beats" too are always trying to put me on to some new music program they're using. Programs that basically make the beat for you, all you did was press two or three buttons.. I asked a nikka the other day what sounds he used on "his beat" he had no clue, because the program made it :francis:

concise

Veteran
Daps
Facts.

Technology has been knocking out musicians since the 80s.

Synthesizers made trumpet, saxophone, flute, etc players obsolete

Drummers became less involved after drum machines hit the scene

Auto tune gave way to less talented singers dominating

Music production programs lowered the bar for less classically trained people to produce music

And now we have AI which can pretty much do it all with regards to making a whole song.

No more labor costs

:francis:

badboys11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
M
Ross may not be Nas or Lupe but to say he don’t have bars is silly. nikka has always been an emcee. He did a record with Erik Sermon, as “Teflon Da Don”. You’re a huge fakkit. My name was Rose Gold but some fakkit on here kept bytching it reminded him of the nba reporter

Damn u a fakkit :russ:

Who made you change your name :heh:

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
I'm with you. I'm just now finding out about this actually but I'm not surprised. This is kinda where we were headed anyway.

I make beats. I have logic pro and I love creating art thru making beats. I actually make the whole beat, I cut and chop the sample, i come up with the melody and play it on keys as well as the drum pattern blah blah blah.. but alot of the nikkaz I know that "make beats" too are always trying to put me on to some new music program they're using. Programs that basically make the beat for you, all you did was press two or three buttons.. I asked a nikka the other day what sounds he used on "his beat" he had no clue, because the program made it :francis:

Bet money he claims some sort of title like "producer"

Like the kid said in a Bronx Tale "The working man is a sucker dad :pacspit:"

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Oh and btw, don’t expect to get any kinda copyright… nikkas can probably just take your AI shyt like it’s nothing.

On top of lawsuites for trying to monetize of someone elses likeness (voice, flow, style).

I don’t understand how people think motherfukkers just gonna let you use their voice and style and get paid.

Get them clicks though… balding dread nikka already getting backlash

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Oh and btw, don’t expect to get any kinda copyright… nikkas can probably just take your AI shyt like it’s nothing.

On top of lawsuites for trying to monetize of someone elses likeness (voice, flow, style).

I don’t understand how people think motherfukkers just gonna let you use their voice and style and get paid.

Get them clicks though… balding dread nikka already getting backlash

Ya'll worried about the wrong things.

You know how many artists that weren't computers violated copywrite laws to blow up.

They said fukk it its worth it; when u sue me take the publishing. I got the name now we on.

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
Damn u a fakkit :russ:

Who made you change your name :heh:
Keep wishing sissy.

The weird nikka who had the Nas avatar with the black fitted. nikka kept quoting me telling me every time he saw my username he got hard thinking of that bytch. I didn’t want to block him because I like to make fun of him when he says stupid shyt. Idk if he has posted in a while. His last thread sounded like he was gonna commit that