Jermaine Dupri Speaks out against AI technology infiltrating the music industry

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Actually very in-tune with the music industry and the producer community.

You had Junior High kids getting NBA Youngboy placements and plaques giving rights to their beats for a pair of Jordans.

I know someone who got two placements with Future and the Weekend who walked away with a grand total of $80k after working with two of the biggest hip-hop artists/pop/R&B artists of the last 10 years. These cats know people artists are getting dope-sounding beats thrown at them from every direction. At that point dude knew take it or leave it even though it's two once-in-a-lifetime type of placements for anybody.

Look at how much people are charging for dope beats on Beatstars and how many beats there are.

shyt been watered down. A.I ain't changing anything worse than what it is right now :mjlol:

Do you know how much new music is released per day and uploaded, last year, before A.I? This was from two years ago:

Regardless of that, there's still a Metro Boomin who is considered a hitmaker and sought after producer. The cream still rises and there are still well-known producers through small communities like Discords getting placements and who artists know by name.

Yeah, A.I will turn the dial on how much new music is released. But a shytload of music is already released per day anyways. The combination of Spotify/Soundcloud and DAWs and beatmaker subreddits probably are similar in scale to A.I's impact.

See your thought process is already a thing of the past.

AI will make sure your examples are NOT getting placements.

Employees are the biggest overhead.

Even the AI creators speak on this as a blessing.

Its bad enough that most of the popping talent isn't even trained on an instrument.

Now you don't even need to be trained on how to work software.

Now we don't even need you at all.

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man

Its bad enough that most of the popping talent isn't even trained on an instrument.

You need people in order for your work to be copyrighted. Human creation is a requirement for a copyright application. The guy who's AI art won that competition lost his case becauae of this. Some with the woman who tried to make the comic book with fake Zendaya.

Why would a company invest in AI created music if they can't make money off of it? Who would buy an AI made beat when you can just take it?

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

Bro, trust me many artists don't want to flip through beats A.I generated or not.

Many want to cook up with a producer on spot. If they know a producer got a certain style or vibe, they're going to lock in with them that night.

An artist trying to vibe going to get "computer rage" when an A.I outputs mid for them and takes them out of their zone.

These guys have years of beats to listen to, but they still call up the producer they like and start going in.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
You need people in order for your work to be copyrighted. Human creation is a requirement for a copyright application. The guy who's AI art won that competition lost his case becauae of this. Some with the woman who tried to make the comic book with fake Zendaya.

Why would a company invest in AI created music if they can't make money off of it? Who would buy an AI made beat when you can just take it?

Why has every major player in music ever sold their discographies for REAL $$$.

AI has everything 2 do with it.

Kiss just sold the rights to have them perform as holograms.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Bro, trust me many artists don't want to flip through beats A.I generated or not.

Many want to cook up with a producer on spot. If they know a producer got a certain style or vibe, they're going to lock in with them that night.

An artist trying to vibe going to get "computer rage" when an A.I outputs mid for them.

WRONG.

The whole modern drill movement was from rappers scouring YT for beats.

Most of those beats are from cornballs from all over the world.

You claiming that producers are cooking up with the MCs in the studio like its 1992 shows how out of touch u are.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
WRONG.

The whole modern drill movement was from rappers scouring YT for beats.

Most of those beats are from cornballs from all over the world.

You claiming that producers are cooking up with the MCs in the studio like its 1992 shows how out of touch u are.
I ain't bro. You're just as wrong because shyt still happens like Future and Metro. They locked in and made history.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
I ain't bro. You're just as wrong because shyt still happens like Future and Metro.

Future was born in the late 70s or 1981 at the latest.

He's been making music for decades pre-AI.

They're legacy acts.

The entire drill movement which is way more current from NY was from young NY ghetto kids going on YT getting beats from anybody anywhere.

They literally punched in "DJ L" sounding beats and went to work.

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
Why has every major player in music ever sold their discographies for REAL $$$.

AI has everything 2 do with it.

Kiss just sold the rights to have them perform as holograms.
Anything made by AI is defacto public domain. Even if Kiss sold their rights, those rights still exist. AI generated "Kiss" songs wouldn't be covered by law.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York

Who controls what laws get passed? big business.

If universal decides they do not wan real humans anymore making music you think they can't lobby for legislation to change said laws to work in their favor?

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Future was born in the late 70s or 1981 at the latest.

He's been making music for decades pre-AI.

They're legacy acts.

The entire drill movement which is way more current from NY was from young NY ghetto kids going on YT getting beats from anybody anywhere.

They literally punched in "DJ L" sounding beats and went to work.
Legacy acts that still have more success than any modern act today.

There's always going to be a ton of music to pull from. Again, a rapper/artist trying to find a sound with A.I beats might just get tired after not finding what they like and look for beats by people they know drop heat.

Talent and reputation from that talent does account for a lot more than you think.

When you watch streams of artists or producers looking for loops, you can see them reach for one's made by those we we know of in the chats already - because they're dope and there's a great chance they got something.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Legacy acts that still have more success than any modern act today.

There's always going to be a ton of music to pull from. Again, a rapper/artist trying to find a sound with A.I beats might just get tired after not finding what they like and look for beats by people they know drop heat.

Talent does account for a lot more than you think.

Go look at the billboard charts and provide me with some evidence.

The majority of dominating artists can't even do an hour set live.

I severely thinking you're under estimating the power of AI.

And this is the infant stages.

We have a thread that went plat off an AI kendrick diss. I

it broke the internet across all platforms.

If you're in the industry or make music you are just being optimist for your wellbeing.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Go look at the billboard charts and provide me with some evidence.

The majority of dominating artists can't even do an hour set live.

I severely thinking you're under estimating the power of AI.

And this is the infant stages.

We have a thread that went plat off an AI kendrick diss. I

it broke the internet across all platforms.

If you're in the industry or make music you are just being optimist for your wellbeing.
Breh, to be honest you just sound mad you didn't make it.

I've given plenty of examples already of how the amount of music released is more staggering than it's ever been, dope/well-known producers getting more placements, etc. over the hundreds of millions of other beats out there.