Jermaine Dupri Speaks out against AI technology infiltrating the music industry

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
JD is right, but rather than fight it, watch you see producers and artists use it and then tweak and claim it's entirely their art/performance.

Tim and Fabulous basically been saying for the last year music is open.

I write songs, and to be honest, if I can find a balance of using AI to help me co write, that's great.

Everyone can't sit in a room with JD, BCox, Muni Long and write a song.

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
Used to

Hip hop community used to care about fake ness

Nowadays all the girls aspire to be Gina from fresh prince in the earthquake episode

Drake got a whole team of ghostwriters

It's only right we start replacing y'all with AI, who gives a damn about the rappers background as long as the song is hot, right? Rick Ross fans that's how it is right?

Bring on the AI musicians we ready
This is a stupid response considering Rick Ross is a great beat selector and can hold his own on a song with anybody. Ok the nikka ain’t really Freeway Rick. Neither did jigga lose 88 bricks or whatever number.

Huda2daf

Superstar
Daps
Better use some of that money you have to buy off some politicians

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Good luck performing that or proving you have any sort of talent outside of typing in words and click-pointing with a mouse :mjlol:

Digital art has been around, still doesn't mean painters are out of style

And yeah… you might use it to even MAKE music, but then, what would a production company need to even pay you for when they can get an intern to throw something together themselves?

Idk.. I look at music as an art. The Art world has never been a fan or respected fake shyt, not just for hip hop either. He got tiktok views so thats good, but no one respects him as an artist.

Reminded me all the bullshyt they gave T-Pain when he got on with Autotune. Everyone was saying he couldn’t sing, until like a decade later they found out he actually could and as a solo act it made him even more popular.

Thing about that is, T-pain made it work because he actually had talent and he made autotune blow up then it became a niche. He was also writing and producing his own shyt as well though. It’s now to the point people rather hear him do songs in his normal voice. And he’s one of the few that could get away with autotune long term.. not many people could and outside of his music, the fad is dead.

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
I write songs, and to be honest, if I can find a balance of using AI to help me co write, that's great.

Everyone can't sit in a room with JD, BCox, Muni Long and write a song.
And I wouldn't want everyone to sit in a room with JD, BCox, Muni Long, Metro, Mustard, Terius Nash, etc and write a song. This is how you get new sounds and sub-genres. AI can't do that...at least not yet because it's cannibalizing existing music. The randomness of human intervention allows for that. AI isn't truly sentient and thus can't do this.

Where's the passion and creativity in your process? Sometimes a song will take longer than 30 minutes, 6 hours, a weekend, a month...sometimes you have to put some sweat-equity into your art. It makes it better.

It ain't like your audience can consume this extra abundance in your output anyway. So take your time and put out the best product you can do.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Here's the thing, labels would love to cut humans that you have to PAY money to, out of the equation. They don't care about passion or feeling, only the dollar.

And if a robot or computer can do that for free, that's excellent for them

Facts.

Technology has been knocking out musicians since the 80s.

Synthesizers made trumpet, saxophone, flute, etc players obsolete

Drummers became less involved after drum machines hit the scene

Auto tune gave way to less talented singers dominating

Music production programs lowered the bar for less classically trained people to produce music

And now we have AI which can pretty much do it all with regards to making a whole song.

No more labor costs

Dynamite James

The Main attraction
Daps
Reppin
You know

badboys11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
M
This is a stupid response considering Rick Ross is a great beat selector and can hold his own on a song with anybody. Ok the nikka ain’t really Freeway Rick. Neither did jigga lose 88 bricks or whatever number.
This is a stupid response Rick Ross is not a lyricist he's a good beat selector that can ride a beat. His lyrics tell fantasies of drug dealing enterprises he never participated in and he needs to rap about what he's good at. Working a job. He lies to the youth and look at your dumb ass having a whole world to select a screename from and u stanning fairy tale Ross

p*ssy :pacspit:

Daps
i don’t support anyone that wants to gatekeep the creative process. i’ve listened to some ai produced songs that were genuinely good - hot, even. if AI makes the creation of art more accessible, allowing someone lacking in technical aptitude to see their ideas come to fruition, i am all for it.

:unimpressed:

Daps
Reppin
St louis
jJWmxtH.gif

fukk him......AI is about to feed me.

UKVu0t8.gif

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
This is a stupid response Rick Ross is not a lyricist he's a good beat selector that can ride a beat. His lyrics tell fantasies of drug dealing enterprises he never participated in and he needs to rap about what he's good at. Working a job. He lies to the youth and look at your dumb ass having a whole world to select a screename from and u stanning fairy tale Ross

p*ssy :pacspit:
Ross may not be Nas or Lupe but to say he don’t have bars is silly. nikka has always been an emcee. He did a record with Erik Sermon, as “Teflon Da Don”. You’re a huge fakkit. My name was Rose Gold but some fakkit on here kept bytching it reminded him of the nba reporter