Cbus
Not enough black women into sports for her to stay afloat which is a shame

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
The only podcast I've ever regularly listened to was Bill Burrs and I'm literally 6 years behind

But he's funny enough that I'll just start listening to the back log when I'm at work and it's not that big of a deal to me.

Budden was funny once upon a time but I honestly stopped listening before Rory and Mal left because all three of them had the dumbest takes on shyt.

I'll occasionally see whatever he's talking about because of Twitter or the booth but that's it.
Budden is pretty funny again. Queenzflip gave the podcast the push that Mal originally did when he first joined.

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jemele is such a mediocre halfwit. Few benefited so undeservedly from the Black Excellence rush to corporate sponsorship for mascots.
After the ESPN departure she got gigs with CNN, Vice, Spotify, and Bron's media company, there's gotta be other Black voices to give a gig to then giving the same broad all these jobs.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Eh.

The core Spotify audience is there solely for music and discovering more music.

Spotify shot itself in the foot throwing big bags at these podcast creators when the game is saturated. Too many to all eat decently.

And these days it’s all about the video “podcasts” that you can just watch on YouTube. Don’t even have to watch the shít — put the video on and listen to the audio.
They got some winners out of JRE, Buddens and Bill Simmons, but those were dudes who were already winners in this game before they had the platform. I don't know who told them Jemele Hill was the move

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
During that Rogan dust-up, Hill issued a statement saying she’d like to see Spotify pay $100 million to a Black person, which was the reported size of Rogan’s deal at the time. The New York Times later reported that it cost Spotify more than $200 million.

This is what kills me. I think Rogan is pure brain poison but there's no denying he is one of the most popular voices in the country with an insane amount of listeners/supporters. Him getting 100mil makes complete sense solely based off listeners. And while I do think the dude is a fukking idiot, I'm blown away that a so called serious person can argue a black person deserves to be paid the same amount just because...why exactly. If there was a black Rogan with similar or even close metrics sure, it would make sense. But the idea that a corporation has to give black people 100mil because a white guy got that is asinine.

I'd bet money nobody was listening to any of Hill's podcast content. Just like nobody reads her articles. Yet she is constantly given a platform (to bash black men on...) by white corporations because diversity is a nice buzzword in the quarterly meetings. And these opportunities constantly go to people like Hill who are not popular, do not mirror most black people's views or interests, and largely spend time crying about not having enough access to white institutions (Oscars, Grammys, white men's dikk, etc). It's lame as fukk.
:salute: all of this.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Must listens: Fiyastarter, ?uestlove Supreme, 5-4, GovLove, The Right Time, Midnight Miracle...everything else I'm not breaking my neck to listen to. Sucks that there are ZERO hip hop pods worth a fukk. Gonna checkout this Rap Stories pod and hope that's good

Edit: I'll check out the BS Report when one of Simmons teams shyts the bed just to hear him and Rusillo cry about it

I listened to BS podcast the day after the celtics got eliminated. it was glorious :feedme: