Jemele Hill and her podcast network are leaving Spotify

ABlackMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Hood America
Her 'network' only had two other podcasts, hosted by African studies professor and another with a writer/activist host, so I highly doubt she was paying them shyt.

I didn't know she was making $2.5 million at the time :ehh:so she probably got paid out by ESPN and then double dipped at Spotify :wow: With the way ESPN lays people off that re-up wouldn't have been guaranteed.

The only one that you could say lost out is Michael Smith :francis:
Aka THE BLACK MAN

ABlackMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Hood America
People love to hear woke rhetoric but the majority of people go :usure: if they have to sacrifice with you. Then you lose all your opportunities while said ppl you were fighting for, go about their day. fcked up but its the reality :francis:

shoutout to Kaep but he found out the hard way.
Because nikkas ain’t ready to die

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Michael Smith basically took a bullet for her and he didnt get shyt from it. Not even love
He does a pod with Michael Holley on Peacock now. But I don't think it's super popular.

But yeah, she drug him down kinda. But I understand what their goal was

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Jemele Hill ruined his credibility but she’s right in this case, the white bytch interviewer obviously is just mocking these nikkas and treating them like King Kong while she’s Jane, that’s her racist shtick… c00ns find it “hilarious”
Yup!

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Not enough black women into sports for her to stay afloat which is a shame
she's not even Cari Champion. Why the fukk would anyone want to listen to her?

I mean for fukks sake, Karen Hunter used to be a sports writer and smartened up into ghostwriting books and hosting radio shows.

Jemele refuses to read the fukking room.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Jemelle had one of the biggest bag fumbles of all time lol

Michael Smith basically took a bullet for her and he didnt get shyt from it. Not even love
I think she has VASTLY overestimated her talent and/or brand. EVERY project she's been involved with since ESPN has been a flop. like who is the audience for whatever she's putting out seriously?

Did Michael Smith ever truly reveal how he felt about that?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
who knows. I don't think he ever will anytime soon because I do think he still considers her a friend.

But yeah, she never living down that black men are the white men of the community shyt. And of course blatant clout chasing.

like yall said, internet/social meda =/= the real world

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Jemele Hill ruined his credibility but she’s right in this case, the white bytch interviewer obviously is just mocking these nikkas and treating them like King Kong while she’s Jane, that’s her racist shtick… c00ns find it “hilarious”

damn good point

but goofys fall for it.

shyt, when the camera stopped rolling, they both probably were :laff:

The Villain

Superstar
Daps
Mike a real one however he feels about it in private (which I have no reason to doubt would be any different than his public stance on it) he's always maintained in interviews that he knew what was on the line and it was more important to stand w/ his friend than let her hang out to dry. It's come up a few times in interviews they have done since.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Mike a real one however he feels about it in private (which I have no reason to doubt would be any different than his public stance on it) he's always maintained in interviews that he knew what was on the line and it was more important to stand w/ his friend than let her hang out to dry. It's come up a few times in interviews they have done since.

I know when it first happened he kinda bit the bullet but I know he's gotta be looking at her crazy

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
she's not even Cari Champion. Why the fukk would anyone want to listen to her?

I mean for fukks sake, Karen Hunter used to be a sports writer and smartened up into ghostwriting books and hosting radio shows.

Jemele refuses to read the fukking room.
People aren’t listening to Cari Champion either if we’re being honest as her shows keep getting cancelled as well

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

nuff said the.

100% respect that.