Jeff Bezos is now worth $93.4 Billion (Update: now 150 billion)

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
Welcome to late stage capitalism where a company that has never paid a dividend, that isn't profitable, that is constantly expanding and entering different markets as Amazon destroys the marketplace for other businesses worse than Walmart, makes a man almost worth 100 billion...

Cue nikkas talking about how they gonna be the next Jeff Bezos....:mjlol:
Amazon turns a profit.

Chrishaune

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
@King Poetic @BlackPearl The Empress @Otis Kane Jr.

Accoridng to this article, his biological dad found out about him in 2012
full

http://www.businessinsider.com/jeff-bezos-biological-father-2013-10

Some women want a child without the father in their life. You have to watch for those too. They want to control the child and have the child love them without any interference.

MalikReloaded

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Breh Amazon is not God. They are still lacking in many departments. It's just up to these companies to find a solution and save themselves. A lot of these companies are filled with lazy old people who don't wanna shift and move with the times.

There's not much you can innovate with online retail. It's a matter of getting products onto customer's hands the fastest at the cheapest price. Amazon can do that. It's not like Google or Microsoft or Apple where you can invent better search, laptops or desktop apps. Someone is going to have to figure out how to beat him in price matching and in shipping logistics :wow: Like I said, companies better develop some teleportation tech and put a patent on it :wow: Maybe put a hyper loop under ground alongside Elon Musk's hyper loop that's for shipment and send goods that way 300 miles per hour and put a patent on it :wow: Then maybe you can fukk with Amazon

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
i wonder what a billion cash looks like?
main-qimg-aa8422b0ac15412e6a0cdcd3cec6b696-c

that's not even a quarter billion in the picture, something like 210m :ohhh:
or what the returns are on like a 90 billion $ portfolio

gargantuan

He will have access to the best private wealth management imaginable(highest performing hedge funds, private equity deals, real estate deals etc)

He likely generates several billion dollars in liquid cash yearly

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this dude has to be stopped :yeshrug: hes approaching monopoly status real fukkin quick. his services and prices arent wrong, so its not really an issue...but it could become one

and as a side note, i heard he was on twitter the other day talking about "what should amazon do for charity/how should i give back, etc

how bout no one at your fukkin warehouses makes less than 20 bucks an hour :stopitslime: start there

You'd make a great politician until he lobbies for you to shut ya damn trap :pachaha:

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
There's not much you can innovate with online retail. It's a matter of getting products onto customer's hands the fastest at the cheapest price. Amazon can do that. It's not like Google or Microsoft or Apple where you can invent better search, laptops or desktop apps. Someone is going to have to figure out how to beat him in price matching and in shipping logistics :wow: Like I said, companies better develop some teleportation tech and put a patent on it :wow: Maybe put a hyper loop under ground alongside Elon Musk's hyper loop that's for shipment and send goods that way 300 miles per hour and put a patent on it :wow: Then maybe you can fukk with Amazon
:comeon: How about if I am a local retailer I just hire a contract company to make same day deliveries if the order is placed before 3 PM. Wow I just beat Amazon in my local market.:ohhh:

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
Amazon turns a profit.

Amazon does not turn a profit every quarter. It's barely profitable and it's been barely profitable for two decades. Recently it's turned a profit for 10 straight quarters...which is a new development. For majority of Amazon's history it has a been a venture that is praised for it's multiple revenue streams, size and constant growth, not it's ability to make money.

The projected earnings per share for Amazon is 1.48...which would be one of their highs...when in Sept 2016 and Jun 2017 they had an earning per share less than a dollar...

To say Amazon is profitable when you can probably count the number of times they turned a profit on your fingers and toes would be misleading.

MalikReloaded

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 215
:comeon: How about if I am a local retailer I just hire a contract company to make same day deliveries if the order is placed before 3 PM. Wow I just beat Amazon in my local market.:ohhh:

Until Amazon makes Amazon Local, offers better terms to customers and higher volume of orders to those same contractors and puts you out to pasture :russ:

You're going to have to reinvent the wheel completely

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
Until Amazon makes Amazon Local, offers better terms to customers and higher volume of orders to those same contractors and puts you out to pasture :russ:

You're going to have to reinvent the wheel completely
There isn't one major retailer that does than in my area nor does Amazon. If I have name recognition in my market that will help and IF Amazon can come to my market with the same shyt I will be able to compete and not go under.

Beside if Amazon does it too then I just start a reward programs that incentives customer loyality. I also sponser local events and get some shyt named after me. I put myself in the community.

Boom! Still beating Amazon in my local market.