Jeff Bezos is now worth $93.4 Billion (Update: now 150 billion)

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
eLDBm1q.png

"total networth of Bezos’ family now stands at $32.3 billion as of 2014"

how the fukk did he triple up in less than 5 yrs
:sadcam::sadcam::sadcam::sadcam::sadcam::sadcam::sadcam:
:wow:

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hyperbole nikka :mjlol:

I ain't at work. I'm exaggerating. You can look them up on Crunchbase to get the exact figures, but it was a lot.

Amazon lost money like every year. They were kept in business because of VC funding. That's how they can buy a book for $10 and sell it for $8.50. If they were a normal business not getting crazy amounts of funding, they would've had to price their products just like everybody else or fail after going in the red losing money.
I have been following Amazon for several years. They didn't take a billion dollars in funding man. They went public and raised 54 million in 1997, more than enough to get off the ground.

MalikReloaded

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 215
I have been following Amazon for several years. They didn't take a billion dollars in funding man. They went public and raised 54 million in 1997, more than enough to get off the ground.

You misunderstanding me. I was exaggerating for comedic effect. They raised way more money than the IPO. They raised $108 million between 1997 and 2001 in VC funding so they have raised a fukk ton of money, thus my exaggeration. I've been following Amazon just as long and the fact that Amazon wasn't profitable but asking VC's for funding was a repeated issue. The company was started in 1994 but was still not making money well into the 2000s.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Hyperbole nikka :mjlol:

I ain't at work. I'm exaggerating. You can look them up on Crunchbase to get the exact figures, but it was a lot.

Amazon lost money like every year. They were kept in business because of VC funding. That's how they can buy a book for $10 and sell it for $8.50. If they were a normal business not getting crazy amounts of funding, they would've had to price their products just like everybody else or fail after going in the red losing money.
You are right, I don't know why the cat is disagreeing.
Amazon until the last 3 or 4 years was always in debt every operating year.
They kept some how securing funding.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4099612-amazons-massive-debt-deal

Its pretty crazy how Bezos can get people to buy in. I'm of the opinion like most tech companies there is the US government/CIA behind their acension.

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You misunderstanding me. I was exaggerating for comedic effect. They raised way more money than the IPO. They raised $108 million between 1997 and 2001 in VC funding so they have raised a fukk ton of money, thus my exaggeration. I've been following Amazon just as long and the fact that Amazon wasn't profitable but asking VC's for funding was a repeated issue. The company was started in 1994 but was still not making money well into the 2000s.
You're confusing not making money on paper with not making money at all. Bezos was reinvesting the money immediately. That was his plan from the jump. Also, I don't see where he raised that amount of money. I never seen it reported before.

MalikReloaded

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 215
You are right, I don't know why the cat is disagreeing.
Amazon until the last 3 or 4 years was always in debt every operating year.
They kept some how securing funding.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4099612-amazons-massive-debt-deal

Its pretty crazy how Bezos can get people to buy in. I'm of the opinion like most tech companies there is the US government/CIA behind their acension.

They raised $8 million in VC funding in 1995.

Raised $54,000,000 off their IPO in 1997.

Raised $100,000,000 in VC funding in 2001.

And I'm sure they had lines of credit and smaller bridge loans that's not public information.

IDK what that guy's talking about.

These nikkas had $160,000,000 in business funding as of 2001 even though they were a 7 year company that was still millions upon millions of dollars in the red :wow: Like I said....like most startups, Amazon used VC money to scale fast, they took a lost on every book they sold selling books they bought for $10 for $8 to gain market share/brand recognition so they could get customers to buy the cd's, dvd's and toys they ended up selling later, Borders and Barnes & Noble didn't see the value of the internet back then so Amazon was able to grow fast enough without any competition. They lost money like every fukking year because of that strategy.