Jeff Bezos is now worth $93.4 Billion (Update: now 150 billion)

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I have to be one of the very few people that don't use Amazon all that much, maybe 2 times a year and I always get someone to use their prime for me. I hate shopping on the website. It's cluttered with too many options. I like seeing a thumbnail of something, ONE price and add it to your cart.

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I went from not buying anything on amazon from a year ago to literally buying almost everything. Their prices are pretty much as low as it can be and they have everything all in one place. It's especially great if you have a family. Like they even have some bulk items that I can get for the same or lower price as Costco. Plus the shipping, their customer service, and reliability.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I went from not buying anything on amazon from a year ago to literally buying almost everything. Their prices are pretty much as low as it can be and they have everything all in one place. It's especially great if you have a family. Like they even have some bulk items that I can get for the same or lower price as Costco. Plus the shipping, their customer service, and reliability.

Places like Amazon and Wal mart actually dont have the lowest prices.

Pricing in retailers are always varying so if price is concern its best to always do a quick search on google to see all of the places selling the item. IMO Amazon is simply just convenient as hell which makes people spend a ton with them.

posterchild336

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bill Gates has earned more but gave more away to charity so his net worth is less.
Amazon just started being profitable in 2000s bill gates had windows monopolizing things before Amazon was even founded.. no comparison Amazon it going to blow him out the water

Ya' Cousin Cleon

OG COUCH CORNER HUSTLA
Daps
Reppin
Harvey World to Dallas, TX
there's more evidence that white collar jobs are gonna take a greater hit to automation when compared to blue collar

It's already beginning. Hell, BILO has mostly self check outs, while there's like one or two cashier lanes. Future dystopia is having in front of our faces brehs:sas1:. Either you get them book smarts and defeat the machine, or fall over to rational credits for survival:sas2:.

NoGutsNoGLory

Superstar
Daps
there's more evidence that white collar jobs are gonna take a greater hit to automation when compared to blue collar
Automation will take over everything in our lives like in Walle the movie. The problem is that what if something goes wrong breh? if we become overly reliant on machines then one small problem will cause disruptions in food distributions for example and we got people dying all over because we never cared to learn how to fix it.

Ya' Cousin Cleon

OG COUCH CORNER HUSTLA
Daps
Reppin
Harvey World to Dallas, TX
Automation will take over everything in our lives like in Walle the movie. The problem is that what if something goes wrong breh? if we become overly reliant on machines then one small problem will cause disruptions in food distributions for example and we got people dying all over because we never cared to learn how to fix it.

People are starving in this country right now without machines/automation, and that may be the case in the future depending on how things play out

if America continues it's negligence, it's nationalism, racism/white supremacy and that the only thing that matters at the end of the day being how many dollars or stock options you've gained, then it's well on it's way to creating misery with HAL and Drones over brooklyn

however

there's also the possibility that we can create an AI that outpaces and excels at what humanity has felt as a just society, but that element would have to be programmed into it from it's inception

this article kinda goes on to what I'm talking about

Silicon Valley Is Turning Into Its Own Worst Fear

morris

Superstar
Daps
Amazon is so convenient. I don’t think Americans need to give up that convenience to help keep other businesses afloat. They will either sink or swim. Politicians won’t get off their asses to address the wage disparity in this country until it’s too late and by then the citizens may have already taken things into their own hands.

B&M stores really need to invest in the BEST customer service possible and that may mean hiring more people during peak hours and having items available. Nothing kills loyalty like the lack of the aforementioned. Hell, we sent people abroad in Europe to teach American CS and forgot to teach it here! Good luck getting that from a machine that is only programmed to price items for you.

I think a lot of Stores will go to that "showroom" model where they lease space in places like Best Buy to show off their products and people can try em, and then the customer purchases them how ever they want. Eitherway Retailers have to change their business models or get left behind.
One of THE DUMBEST moves I have ever seen. Basically encouraging people to STILL order online. Staples did (may still be doing that) and it is no wonder those stores are mostly empty now.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
Amazon got costco bulk crack prices fukk yaw talmbout. I can get a year supply of soap for 20 bucks fukk outta here hell yeah Im buying online.