jeen-yuhs: A Kanye Trilogy | All Parts Released

Manolo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I don’t know, guys. I’m a day one Ye fan. When I was in 6th grade I made my mom drive me to all the local bootleggers to try to find a mixtape that had the original All Falls Down with the Lauryn sample. I learned how to make music partly due to his influence on me at this age.

This doc does a great job at giving a raw look into Ye’s true character and behavior. While I did find the first part inspirational, Ye kinda seems like a user and an a$$hole who’s only motivation to make music was to get attention. A few moments made me think this:

1. Coodie stopped his own career to follow Ye around from Chicago to New Jersey and New York. Filmed him for years, presumably for zero money because Ye didn’t have money at that time. There was also zero guarantee that Ye would actually blow up and that the footage would ever really be worth anything. That’s a real sacrifice and a testament to how much someone believes in and supports you. Ye blows up and basically cuts dude off, then when they link back up at the Grammy party, Ye acts crazy Hollywood on Coodie. Calls him the wrong name (even if he’s joking it’s corny), then says Coodie shot some of his first videos. The nikka did more than shoot some videos... Coodie basically devoted his life to Ye’s potential as an artist. Any artist can attest to how rare it is to find someone willing to do that. Then Ye deaded him at GLC session and blocked him from going on tour with him, and only brought him back around recently for whatever motives he has now. I felt like he deserved more respect in the end than what Ye gave him.

2. Ye dikkriding Mos and Kweli heavy in part 1 cause they were “on” and he wasn’t. They bring him out at shows, collab with him and try to get him a deal only for him to turn around 20 years later and say he never fukked with backpack rappers but had no choice cause he wasn’t seen as a street nikka. I can’t fukk with that. That’s a huge sign of a user

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I don’t know, guys. I’m a day one Ye fan. When I was in 6th grade I made my mom drive me to all the local bootleggers to try to find a mixtape that had the original All Falls Down with the Lauryn sample. I learned how to make music partly due to his influence on me at this age.

This doc does a great job at giving a raw look into Ye’s true character and behavior. While I did find the first part inspirational, Ye kinda seems like a user and an a$$hole who’s only motivation to make music was to get attention. A few moments made me think this:

1. Coodie stopped his own career to follow Ye around from Chicago to New Jersey and New York. Filmed him for years, presumably for zero money because Ye didn’t have money at that time. There was also zero guarantee that Ye would actually blow up and that the footage would ever really be worth anything. That’s a real sacrifice and a testament to how much someone believes in and supports you. Ye blows up and basically cuts dude off, then when they link back up at the Grammy party, Ye acts crazy Hollywood on Coodie. Calls him the wrong name (even if he’s joking it’s corny), then says Coodie shot some of his first videos. The nikka did more than shoot some videos... Coodie basically devoted his life to Ye’s potential as an artist. Any artist can attest to how rare it is to find someone willing to do that. Then Ye deaded him at GLC session and blocked him from going on tour with him, and only brought him back around recently for whatever motives he has now. I felt like he deserved more respect in the end than what Ye gave him.

2. Ye dikkriding Mos and Kweli heavy in part 1 cause they were “on” and he wasn’t. They bring him out at shows, collab with him and try to get him a deal only for him to turn around 20 years later and say he never fukked with backpack rappers but had no choice cause he wasn’t seen as a street nikka. I can’t fukk with that. That’s a huge sign of a user
It's called narcissism my brother.

You're absolutely right. People like Kanye as talented as they are, will use whoever to get to the next level. Another thing that was interesting in all of this was how many scenes we saw where Ye was spitting verses to countless people early on... I was just thinking about all the artists or people who wrote some of those songs/verses for him that weren't acknowledged.

The doc didn't even go into Jesus Walks originally being Rhymefest's song and him giving it to him. Ye was around a lot of genuine people who gave him a lot, that's for sure.

Manolo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
It's called narcissism my brother.

You're absolutely right. People like Kanye as talented as they are, will use whoever to get to the next level. Another thing that was interesting in all of this was how many scenes we saw where Ye was spitting verses to countless people early on... I was just thinking about all the artists or people who wrote some of those songs/verses for him that weren't acknowledged.

The doc didn't even go into Jesus Walks originally being Rhymefest's song and him giving it to him. Ye was around a lot of genuine people who gave him a lot, that's for sure.
Yeah, the first part made me realize how huge of a support system he truly had in the beginning, excluding the already established people he did beats for. The scene where J. Ivy and a few others come to his crib in Jersey to record and they’re all expressing how proud they are to help someone from Chicago make it.

You’re right that all the Jesus Walks footage excluded Rhymefest and painted the picture Ye was doing his music alone. Ye seems like a user ass nikka who deals with people as long as they have something he needs, then he discards them and finds a new group of people who has something he needs. He went from dikkriding Mos and Ludacris cause they were lit, to begging Rick Rubin and Bieber to come to his ranch and acting like all the people from part 1 don’t exist

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
He WAS a little kid, and that shyt was nasty :dahell:

That’s THE Scarface. One of the pioneers of this shyt. Kanye was lucky he gave him the 15 minutes of consideration he got. You know how many “young producers” want to get a moment with Scarface?

For all of y’all claiming he was treated so bad by the industry, it was actually the opposite. He got all types of opportunities most people could only dream of through his production and association with dudes like Scarface and Jay-Z.
To be fair, he earned those opportunities. Those nikkas would not be in the studio with a producer that was trash. Kanye was putting out HEAT that the industry wanted at that time. The records that he eventually did with Scarface are classics also.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
To be fair, he earned those opportunities. Those nikkas would not be in the studio with a producer that was trash. Kanye was putting out HEAT that the industry wanted at that time. The records that he eventually did with Scarface are classics also.
Not saying he didn’t “deserve” it but he did get a lot of love around the industry that lots of very talented people don’t get.

By the time of the meeting with Scarface he had already done “Guess who’s back” with Scarface and Hov. That and H to the Izzo. Pretty much got him into any room/meeting he wanted to.

He was complaining at the time about no one taking him serious as a rapper, but in reality he was and always has been a better producer than rapper. It’s his production and personality that got him to stardom. People at the time weren’t necessarily wrong by calling him and treating him like a producer first.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, the first part made me realize how huge of a support system he truly had in the beginning, excluding the already established people he did beats for. The scene where J. Ivy and a few others come to his crib in Jersey to record and they’re all expressing how proud they are to help someone from Chicago make it.

You’re right that all the Jesus Walks footage excluded Rhymefest and painted the picture Ye was doing his music alone. Ye seems like a user ass nikka who deals with people as long as they have something he needs, then he discards them and finds a new group of people who has something he needs. He went from dikkriding Mos and Ludacris cause they were lit, to begging Rick Rubin and Bieber to come to his ranch and acting like all the people from part 1 don’t exist
Yup. A great example was how he was telling Coodie, "ay man, this Jesus Walks video just sound like Hype Williams man"... Kanye at least has the decency to put it out there that he wanted to go that route and not just blindside him with that. Kanye the type to put a lot of people and other shyt on a pedestal at the expense of his day 1s. That's why his career and sound has been so different. He just gets into a different zone and latches on to what he feels is next or now.

As much as Coodie captured from the first 2 albums, the first 2 parts were great IMO, the 3rd suffered from a lack of footage from the time Kanye had moved on.

The whole doc is great as it is, but a part of me feels like the 3rd part had a lot more that could have been revealed if they partnered with other video producers to put those missed years together.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.

Do your research. Ye has been helping Mos produce content for years. He only shyt on Talib because Talib was talking shyt on his podcast. Ye and Mos are real brothers.

Manolo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Do your research. Ye has been helping Mos produce content for years. He only shyt on Talib because Talib was talking shyt on his podcast. Ye and Mos are real brothers.

Ye never did shyt for Mos. If anything Mos helped Ye by getting him on Def Poetry Jam and doing Two Words. Ye was just using these nikkas to get where he’s at now

sayyestothis

Free the guys
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD "The Greatest City In America"
People act like Coodie gave up so much to tape a rising star that was already around stars due to producing and not rapping yet. Coodie had nothing going on so of course he rode along...lol

Also I blame all of Yes failures on his mom's. Who makes their child look at them as a Goddess that way. She had Ye OBSESSED with her every word. She was an extreme narcissist and a overall selfish person. shyt was cringeworthy to watch.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People act like Coodie gave up so much to tape a rising star that was already around stars due to producing and not rapping yet. Coodie had nothing going on so of course he rode along...lol

Also I blame all of Yes failures on his mom's. Who makes their child look at them as a Goddess that way. She had Ye OBSESSED with her every word. She was an extreme narcissist and a overall selfish person. shyt was cringeworthy to watch.

You completely missed the point. Few people cared about how many stars Kanye was around. They didn't see potential in Kanye as a rapper and some of them didn't see Kanye's vision as a producer. Coodie invested and believed in Kanye's vision. Who really follows around someone to get footage before the fame? Kanye was still eating in restaurants and no one cared who he was even after he had produced "Izzo". Breh was still telling a little white boy who he was and told him he did "Izzo" for Jay. When record labels were turning down Kanye at every corner when he was shopping for deals, Coodie still taped him. When Roc-A-Fella looked like they were going to shelve College Dropout, Coodie was still taping. Back before Kanye was even producing, Coodie was taping. He even had footage of Kanye as a child.

How can you blame Kanye's failures on his mom? Are you also crediting her with all of his successes? Many children think highly of their mothers.

SteelCitySoldier

TSC Fantasy Football Champion 2016
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles C.A.

:picard: they bout to get you breh :ufdup:

sayyestothis

Free the guys
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD "The Greatest City In America"
You completely missed the point. Few people cared about how many stars Kanye was around. They didn't see potential in Kanye as a rapper and some of them didn't see Kanye's vision as a producer. Coodie invested and believed in Kanye's vision. Who really follows around someone to get footage before the fame? Kanye was still eating in restaurants and no one cared who he was even after he had produced "Izzo". Breh was still telling a little white boy who he was and told him he did "Izzo" for Jay. When record labels were turning down Kanye at every corner when he was shopping for deals, Coodie still taped him. When Roc-A-Fella looked like they were going to shelve College Dropout, Coodie was still taping. Back before Kanye was even producing, Coodie was taping. He even had footage of Kanye as a child.

How can you blame Kanye's failures on his mom? Are you also crediting her with all of his successes? Many children think highly of their mothers.

Right and don't u think a dude that had NOTHING going on really would be happy to be along for the ride to network and be visible in all these meetings and interactions while Ye failed? Imean dude was doing it for himself also...

And yeah being obsessed with ur mom is weird but ur mom FORCING u to be obsessed with her is fukking crazy. Shocker he turned out that way...

And no I put the success on Ye for hustling his connects...not his mother.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

This doc isn't the only thing Coodie and Chike produced. In the Sway interview he mentions that he was ready to wrap the project up after his Grammy speech and then again with Jesus Is King.

Kanye was all over the place with it tho, so he never wanted to release it because he didn't want people to see this once he blew up. He talks about all this in the interview. Even at the end, Kanye hit them with some shyt about wanting final cut/say privileges and they were like nah, and he had no right to do it because they shot everything without compensation. Even the Through the Wire video and I believe Jesus Walks... Coodie says they were never paid for them.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Right and don't u think a dude that had NOTHING going on really would be happy to be along for the ride to network and be visible in all these meetings and interactions while Ye failed? Imean dude was doing it for himself also...

And yeah being obsessed with ur mom is weird but ur mom FORCING u to be obsessed with her is fukking crazy. Shocker he turned out that way...

And no I put the success on Ye for hustling his connects...not his mother.

Coodie was a comedian. He had connects as well. This wasn't some tag along.

How did Kanye's mom FORCE him to be obsessed with her. You're not making any sense.

If you're blaming her for his failures, but completely dismissing her in regard to his success, you are being one sided.