jeen-yuhs: A Kanye Trilogy | All Parts Released

getmoney310cpt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Compton CA/Rosecrans Ave
Also I blame all of Yes failures on his mom's. Who makes their child look at them as a Goddess that way. She had Ye OBSESSED with her every word. She was an extreme narcissist and a overall selfish person. shyt was cringeworthy to watch.
She never made Kanye look at her like a goddess he just realized he had a great mother who listened and believe in him..I guess you missed that part where she said Kanye listens to me because I listen to Kanye..you know most parents don’t really listen to their kids just talk to/at them..his mother was the perfect blueprint for how a mother should support a Child’s dreams and aspirations..

you sound jealous and bitter you didn’t get that same love..I didn’t either but I’m not going to be a jealous bytch about it

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
I don’t know, guys. I’m a day one Ye fan. When I was in 6th grade I made my mom drive me to all the local bootleggers to try to find a mixtape that had the original All Falls Down with the Lauryn sample. I learned how to make music partly due to his influence on me at this age.

This doc does a great job at giving a raw look into Ye’s true character and behavior. While I did find the first part inspirational, Ye kinda seems like a user and an a$$hole who’s only motivation to make music was to get attention. A few moments made me think this:

1. Coodie stopped his own career to follow Ye around from Chicago to New Jersey and New York. Filmed him for years, presumably for zero money because Ye didn’t have money at that time. There was also zero guarantee that Ye would actually blow up and that the footage would ever really be worth anything. That’s a real sacrifice and a testament to how much someone believes in and supports you. Ye blows up and basically cuts dude off, then when they link back up at the Grammy party, Ye acts crazy Hollywood on Coodie. Calls him the wrong name (even if he’s joking it’s corny), then says Coodie shot some of his first videos. The nikka did more than shoot some videos... Coodie basically devoted his life to Ye’s potential as an artist. Any artist can attest to how rare it is to find someone willing to do that. Then Ye deaded him at GLC session and blocked him from going on tour with him, and only brought him back around recently for whatever motives he has now. I felt like he deserved more respect in the end than what Ye gave him.

2. Ye dikkriding Mos and Kweli heavy in part 1 cause they were “on” and he wasn’t. They bring him out at shows, collab with him and try to get him a deal only for him to turn around 20 years later and say he never fukked with backpack rappers but had no choice cause he wasn’t seen as a street nikka. I can’t fukk with that. That’s a huge sign of a user
TRUTH

and there are many more examples of this…

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Yeah, the first part made me realize how huge of a support system he truly had in the beginning, excluding the already established people he did beats for. The scene where J. Ivy and a few others come to his crib in Jersey to record and they’re all expressing how proud they are to help someone from Chicago make it.

You’re right that all the Jesus Walks footage excluded Rhymefest and painted the picture Ye was doing his music alone. Ye seems like a user ass nikka who deals with people as long as they have something he needs, then he discards them and finds a new group of people who has something he needs. He went from dikkriding Mos and Ludacris cause they were lit, to begging Rick Rubin and Bieber to come to his ranch and acting like all the people from part 1 don’t exist

There is SOME footage of Rhymefest spitting the Jesus Walks verses alongside Ye. Matter of fact, of all kanye's early supporters/collaborators I believe that Fest is featured the most throughout the Doc.

Not discounting the rest of what you said I just think its probably a testament to how MUCH Fest has helped Kanye that he was featured as much as he was. Might sound like a back handed compliment because Fest never got the credit or praise he deserved for the writing and direction of those first three albums.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Coodie was a comedian. He had connects as well. This wasn't some tag along.

How did Kanye's mom FORCE him to be obsessed with her. You're not making any sense.

If you're blaming her for his failures, but completely dismissing her in regard to his success, you are being one sided.

Coodie is pretty damn successful himself

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
There is SOME footage of Rhymefest spitting the Jesus Walks verses alongside Ye. Matter of fact, of all kanye's early supporters/collaborators I believe that Fest is featured the most throughout the Doc.

Not discounting the rest of what you said I just think its probably a testament to how MUCH Fest has helped Kanye that he was featured as much as he was. Might sound like a back handed compliment because Fest never got the credit or praise he deserved for the writing and direction of those first three albums.
Nah. The doc omitted telling the story for that song for whatever reason.

There were a lot of people shown throughout the footage, Fest having some cameos but no mention as to the origin for a record that they put such an emphasis on was a missed opportunity.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Anybody know what type of plastic surgery Donda was getting

Terrible way to go out don’t know why a woman at her age would even do such a thing :snoop:

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
Finally getting around to this, just watched the first episode. This part definitely sticks out:

"Kanye was always self-absorbed in a way." - Donda West

Boy your moms really do know you better than you know yourself.

Even though he seems more down to earth in this old footage than now, even back then you still see that complete disinterest in anybody besides himself (and his mom maybe). Not once do you see him ask anyone about themselves. He really doesn't know how to connect with people...or maybe he just doesn't care. The only way he connects with people is talking about himself more. Even when he's wowing Mos Def and Wood Harris with his rhymes or Scarface with Family Business and they are amazed by his talent, there's still this disconnect there. I dunno just an awkwardness. Dude got a case of only child syndrome IMO.

Also :mjlol: @ Face telling him not to put his retainer on the table. You know Face is a real ass no bullshyt dude so he cut through Ye's bullshyt while still giving him his props.

Last edited:

MIC Que

Pro
Daps
Reppin
7200 DM[V]
Nah. The doc omitted telling the story for that song for whatever reason.

There were a lot of people shown throughout the footage, Fest having some cameos but no mention as to the origin for a record that they put such an emphasis on was a missed opportunity.
If I remember right I think Rhymfest mentioned in the 1st episode how he had the 2nd verse on Jesus Walks but the doc never got into Kanye using that verse himself .

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
Thoughts on the second episode: One thing no one can take away from Kanye is he was extremely driven. His career completely consumed him and he made opportunities for himself when and where no one else would. He was grinding even with his jaw wired. Anyone else woulda been out of commission after that accident. That passion is what made him special. Looking back its hard to believe Roc-A-Fella thought Peedi Crack was more marketable than Kanye and other labels were insane to pass on him. He could have singlehandedly saved Rawkus lol.

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
Just finished the third episode and definitely the weakest of the three but it was still pretty good. More fractured than the first two but considering where Kanye is now I don't know how it doesn't come off as somewhat fractured. The big take take away is his ambition exceeds his grasps to say the least, the pretentiousness of his ego, his no press is bad press as long as he's in the spotlight mindset, blah blah blah. We know these things about him already so I won't drone on with my armchair analyses.

Oh and he part where he was saying getting criticized for the Taylor Swift shyt was like being drawn and quartered was :mjlol::francis: