jeen-yuhs: A Kanye Trilogy | All Parts Released

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I fukk with you and you're one of my favorite posters here, but I think the creep factor of this outweighs any potential it has for being hard or visually interesting.

Being obsessed with your ex-wife's new boyfriend and making songs saying he needs more security, and making videos where you cut his head off is A1 stalker level behavior. I think that shyt's wack, and if it is totally harmless and benign, it's still some try-hard edgelord shyt.

I’m not DISAGREEING with you fam i’m just at the point where if one of the greatest
artists of our time is going to continue to stick his head up his own ass might as well get SOMETHING halfway cool out of it. This video along with the listening concerts are probably the “best” thing he’s done in the last half decade

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
There's a music video for Spaceship :ohhh:

:mindblown:Why this ain't drop with the album

This leaked I think a few years after Late Registration dropped. They never released the video officially because they wanted to focus on completing and marketing Late Registration.

Its actually quite common for certain Hip Hop videos to never see release. I think Kanye has a couple videos he shot that never came out. I distinctly remember him mentioning a Drunk & Hot Girls video that was shot and never saw the light of day. Nas shot a video for Unauthorized Biography Of Rakim that was never released until years later. He also shot a Hustlers video with Game that leaked years after HHID dropped. Kendrick made a short film to go alongside GKMC that never came out AND him and Dre shot a video for The Recipe that never has seen the light of day.

Finesse

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Gotham
Finished watching it.

Its kinda crazy. The vibe of episode three is so draining. Its hard to explain but it feels physically and mentally exhausting to watch.

Hard to put a finger on it. But something is definitely up with Ye. I dont even think its a bi polar thing. He seems to be on some A Beautiful Mind shyt.

The laser focus, the over the top work ethic and schedule, the continent hopping, the extravagant work spaces and environments. Even flying in airplanes as much as he does cant be healthy on the mind and body.

I think the money and fame is the focal point for the change more than anything else. He was probably always like that but the power and access has allowed him to go into "Hyper Mode" so to speak. All to the detriment of his health. I think he knows it too, but he doesnt give a fukk. He is willing to crash out to accomplish all of his dreams.

Worrisome and endearing at the same time. A truly complex fellow.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I understand what he's saying, but I feel like he's focusing too much on the perception of the albums, not the albums themselves. I wouldn't call MBDTF a safe or accessible album. I wasn't a big fan of it the first time I heard it, but it got better the more I listened to it. 808s and Yeezus got more of a visceral reaction out of people, it seems like, and that's why Kanye likes them more. They're more left field, more experimental, more polarizing. They didn't get appreciated at the time, but instead, got praised years later. It's a way for Kanye to say, "You were wrong and I want you to admit it." Whereas with MBDTF, it was praised in real time, so in Kanye's eyes, it means it wasn't good enough.

And if this is how he feels about MBDTF, imagine how he feels about his first three albums. He probably hates all of them. :huhldup:
yeezus was praised in real time, i remember having arguments about that album when it dropped, it had good critical reception, but then the fans were firmly divided. i was in the loved it camp, trying to convince people to get past it not sounding like "old kanye". i honestly don't think much has changed about its perception over the years, the vast majority of people who hated it then still don't like it.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Finally watched an episode and I noticed Kanye had a certain unmistakable glint and glow in his eyes thats now completely gone.
TBF, that's life, i know me and regular friends don't have that same optimism and glow from our 20's, life doesn't get easier as you grow older, especially not when you're in a demonic industry like entertainment and under a microscope. people become jaded over the years :yeshrug:

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
yeezus was praised in real time, i remember having arguments about that album when it dropped, it had good critical reception, but then the fans were firmly divided. i was in the loved it camp, trying to convince people to get past it not sounding like "old kanye". i honestly don't think much has changed about its perception over the years, the vast majority of people who hated it then still don't like it.

Yeah, but Yeezus is way more divisive than MBDTF. I think that's why Kanye sees it as a better album. He made it as a protest against music, intentionally wanting it to sound as abrasive and unorthodox as possible. Personally, I never saw the appeal in Yeezus and I've never been able to finish it. It's one of those things that gets overrated because Kanye did it. But knowing who he is and the standard he holds himself to, I see why he thinks it's better than MBDTF. To him, MBDTF was a pop album. He could make something like that in his sleep. Yeezus felt like something that people hadn't heard before, and it's not easy or accessible music, so to him, that means it's better.

What he said isn't as crazy as when Eminem said that Encore was better than Relapse, but it's not like I have to agree with him.

Last edited: