jeen-yuhs: A Kanye Trilogy | All Parts Released

EnzoG

All Star
Daps
Reppin
HOUS-e-
I had to step away from the doc to go to class with about 11 minutes left. My interpretation of everything over these 3 parts, he started getting detached from everything that mad him, "him" and that's before he's Mom passed and it just seems it amplified it even more after she died. One thing that did stick out to me was the scene when they were Denny's I think and just how normal everything and him trying to chase a dream and to see him now and he looks empty. It left questioning how much worth is it chasing a dream if that makes sense

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
That's when I started to say "yeah he's slowly becoming detached from "Old Kanye"
Winning back to back grammys will do that

Ye was 92 mj back in 06
Cant tell him nothing lol
B5N3JMME4NBEJMRLPNY7OKJGKI.jpg

YakSpiller

Superstar
Daps

I’m glad he said this. I’ve always said MBDTF is one of the most overrated albums ever. To me it’s the New Testament for Kanye fans. Everybody who caught on to his shyt after Graduation holds it in high regard but it’s really a regression for him. Everything after that album is all hype and no substance.

He peaked with 808s.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I’m glad he said this. I’ve always said MBDTF is one of the most overrated albums ever. To me it’s the New Testament for Kanye fans. Everybody who caught on to his shyt after Graduation holds it in high regard but it’s really a regression for him. Everything after that album is all hype and no substance.

He peaked with 808s.
Not sure if I agree. I understand the sentiment. I was legitimately a Kanye fan before he dropped College Dropout and I was anticipating it, but yet I've never been a Kanye Stan either, so I feel like I can give a pretty unbiased take.

I think MBDTF is a fantastic album and (not but) I think it's overrated by some people...especially the ones that will say things like it's the best hip-hop album of all time or other crazy takes like that. I've heard people (including Chris Rock) argue it's the best rap album ever and right up there with Thriller in terms of all time classic albums. Which I disagree with.

It's not my personal favorite Kanye album. But there's a lot to love about it. For people that love it, I know why they do. It's like everything he'd ever done all mashed together and cranked up to 11. It's one of the most self-indulgent and over-the-top albums ever made. There's a lot of wild experimental shyt on there, but a lot of basic elements too that are day-one Kanye staples like you said.

I wouldn't argue with anyone that say it's his best album, and yet I wouldn't argue with you for you saying it's overrated. It's definitely one of his least substance fueled albums, but I think that's also part of the appeal. It's just him throwing everything and the kitchen sink (sonically) at the wall.

I will say I sort of consider MBDTF a "pop culture" album more than a pure hip-hop album. It sort of transcends genre. And you could say the same about 808s and I'd agree. MBDTF is a perfect time piece of American pop culture right at 2010, I think.

jmegamar

On the Come up Member
Daps
It’s interesting to me seeing how much things changed when Donda died. I kind of get it since men in my family who lose their mothers also basically lose their way afterwards.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Not gonna lie its kind of hard.

Out of whack and complete and utter simping supreme but still visually interesting
I fukk with you and you're one of my favorite posters here, but I think the creep factor of this outweighs any potential it has for being hard or visually interesting.

Being obsessed with your ex-wife's new boyfriend and making songs saying he needs more security, and making videos where you cut his head off is A1 stalker level behavior. I think that shyt's wack, and if it is totally harmless and benign, it's still some try-hard edgelord shyt.