jeen-yuhs: A Kanye Trilogy | All Parts Released

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I understand what he's saying, but I feel like he's focusing too much on the perception of the albums, not the albums themselves. I wouldn't call MBDTF a safe or accessible album. I wasn't a big fan of it the first time I heard it, but it got better the more I listened to it. 808s and Yeezus got more of a visceral reaction out of people, it seems like, and that's why Kanye likes them more. They're more left field, more experimental, more polarizing. They didn't get appreciated at the time, but instead, got praised years later. It's a way for Kanye to say, "You were wrong and I want you to admit it." Whereas with MBDTF, it was praised in real time, so in Kanye's eyes, it means it wasn't good enough.

And if this is how he feels about MBDTF, imagine how he feels about his first three albums. He probably hates all of them. :huhldup:
No doubt, but Kanye can never talk about his own body of work divorced from other people's perceptions to it. As confident and brash as he comes across, he's got a ton of insecurities, and so I don't think he can talk about any of his albums in a way where he's stepping back and just looking at the work itself. How people perceive is art is huge to him, and I imagine at this point that he has a big love/hate relationship with his fans.

LexLuthor

CEO of LexCorp
Daps
just finished it. I think things are going to get real bad once divorce is final. He needs to stay on those meds. The South Carolina rally video is below, all over the place. Time stamps on the abortion stuff mentioned in the episode.

How much of it is the bipolar or is this just him even if he didn’t have it. Some people say it’s just him or is it the bipolar or is it the meds, some combo

23 to 27 minute mark

Was there for this live. shyt was basically a manic episode.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
The signs were there early on with his mom in the picture.

The black tail obsession then the women he's has kids with, the overt confidence/arrogance in himself then him pushing his OG team away. The fashion/creative shyt.

She may have been the cap, when she left the cap flew off him.

His success and impact has skyrocketed at the cost of his sanity and peace.

Coodie knew what he was conveying with the giant cartoon and kanye splicing.

Kanye became the giant that can't see himself in the mirror anymore.
:mjlol: You completely misunderstood that quote.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Finally watched an episode and I noticed Kanye had a certain unmistakable glint and glow in his eyes thats now completely gone.
bro you aren't lying. I noticed that shyt too. His expressions too just seem a bit more flat.

Some of that could also be from lithium if he's for real taking his bipolar meds

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
episode two is fantastic.
Coodie's narration and that bootleg ass Beale Street score over music already playing is lowkey annoying.

:dead: at the bolded. I could hear those horns as soon as I read that.

No doubt, but Kanye can never talk about his own body of work divorced from other people's perceptions to it. As confident and brash as he comes across, he's got a ton of insecurities, and so I don't think he can talk about any of his albums in a way where he's stepping back and just looking at the work itself. How people perceive is art is huge to him, and I imagine at this point that he has a big love/hate relationship with his fans.

Oh, no doubt. Just from what's been shown in the first two episodes, Kanye comes off as someone who is talented, but absolutely needs someone else to tell him that he is in order for it to be valid in his mind. But looking at his current work, he comes off as someone who is very much chasing a high. I don't listen to much of what he says, so I'd imagine that he doesn't speak down on the first three albums all that often, because each of them was viewed as truly unique, or challenging, or just flat out different in some way.

While MBDTF was incredible, the one knock on it that some people had was that it wasn't really innovating anything. It was just Kanye making the type of music he's made before at absolute peak form. Everything since has felt like him trying to recreate that same reaction.

RichYung

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You could definitely feel the 6 year gap in this last episode. Kinda detached me from the previous two parts. Damn near could’ve been good with those two and having some of episode 3 trimmed down on some “extras” shyt. The media covered a lot of this shyt.

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
Bro good for Coodie to realize he was filming someone that was mentally ill and turning the camera off in order to not keep exploiting it.

About 72 mins into part 3.
He did it multiple times during his Wyoming visit. That was a real friend..

Still trying to gather my thoughts on the episode. shyt was sad to watch :to:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
bro you aren't lying. I noticed that shyt too. His expressions too just seem a bit more flat.

Some of that could also be from lithium if he's for real taking his bipolar meds

this is legit one of the things that made me kinda sad watching this. Like seeing how full of life and that glow, and now he legit seems empty.
:mjcry: