jeen-yuhs: A Kanye Trilogy | All Parts Released

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Started looking for his music after I heard him on “We Are The Champions” bc I was surprised he could actually rap. Bought his Akademiks- Jeanius Level mixtape from my bootleg guy & been a fan ever since. Used to play “Two Words” ft Mos & “The Good, The Bad, The Ugly” ft Consequence every single day. Watching this doc has been like going into a time machine for me. Amazing footage so far but this 3rd episode will probably be tough to watch :francis:

I was in college & most of us were surprised he was rapping.

His verse on Champions set him up nicely tho cause he got to spit with Beans, Cam & Chris. That came out in fall 02 I wanna say. His production buzz was through the roof at that point so we knew his name & he did the Guess Whose Back (Scarface) hook earlier that summer.

I thought Through The Wire was a dope first single in Fall 03 but I didn't know if he would have lasting power. But in early 04 he dropped Slow Jamz as his 2nd single & I knew he was here to stay. His momentum just wouldn't stop. Greeks were stepping to his music at the step shows. All Falls Down was the perfect 3rd single bc Blk ppl were going to college and getting conscious. It was a perfect storm.

Needless to say, College Dropout didn't disappoint. Kanye changed the way ppl dressed too. That fashion sense of his changed hip hop.

Spring 04 semester was dominated by College Dropout & Confessions

:wow:

Last edited:

JJ Lions

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
just finished it. I think things are going to get real bad once divorce is final. He needs to stay on those meds. The South Carolina rally video is below, all over the place. Time stamps on the abortion stuff mentioned in the episode.

How much of it is the bipolar or is this just him even if he didn’t have it. Some people say it’s just him or is it the bipolar or is it the meds, some combo

23 to 27 minute mark

Last edited:

Yapdatfool

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Part 3 is just depressing :to:

My man lost his mom and he slowly lost his mind..

And it’s wild seeing it from Coodie’s POV…

The signs were there early on with his mom in the picture.

The black tail obsession then the women he's has kids with, the overt confidence/arrogance in himself then him pushing his OG team away. The fashion/creative shyt.

She may have been the cap, when she left the cap flew off him.

His success and impact has skyrocketed at the cost of his sanity and peace.

Coodie knew what he was conveying with the giant cartoon and kanye splicing.

Kanye became the giant that can see himself in the mirror now.

Last edited:

WhatsGoodTy

Ya feel me
Daps
Yeah, Kanye has to be unbearable to be around sometimes now a days. Once he starts ranting gotta be uncomfortable.

The Bookie

I live by two words: Fcuk you, pay me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
Seeing Kanye go :wow: when receiving that Tucker Carlson "stimulus package".
full

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York

I understand what he's saying, but I feel like he's focusing too much on the perception of the albums, not the albums themselves. I wouldn't call MBDTF a safe or accessible album. I wasn't a big fan of it the first time I heard it, but it got better the more I listened to it. 808s and Yeezus got more of a visceral reaction out of people, it seems like, and that's why Kanye likes them more. They're more left field, more experimental, more polarizing. They didn't get appreciated at the time, but instead, got praised years later. It's a way for Kanye to say, "You were wrong and I want you to admit it." Whereas with MBDTF, it was praised in real time, so in Kanye's eyes, it means it wasn't good enough.

And if this is how he feels about MBDTF, imagine how he feels about his first three albums. He probably hates all of them. :huhldup:

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I understand what he's saying, but I feel like he's focusing too much on the perception of the albums, not the albums themselves. I wouldn't call MBDTF a safe or accessible album. I wasn't a big fan of it the first time I heard it, but it got better the more I listened to it. 808s and Yeezus got more of a visceral reaction out of people, it seems like, and that's why Kanye likes them more. They're more left field, more experimental, more polarizing. They didn't get appreciated at the time, but instead, got praised years later. It's a way for Kanye to say, "You were wrong and I want you to admit it." Whereas with MBDTF, it was praised in real time, so in Kanye's eyes, it means it wasn't good enough.

And if this is how he feels about MBDTF, imagine how he feels about his first three albums. He probably hates all of them. :huhldup:
MBDTF was his Lebron Game six. Like even nikkas that hated Kanye had to give credit. It was a masterful performance and has maybe the best 29 minutes sonically we ever heard from him starting with Devil in a New Dress to Runaway. Just unapologetically supreme hip hop music.

also, this part 3 (which already leaked and people kinda seen) confirms this all to be his “villain origin” story. The death of his mother coupled with his unrivaled success as the underdog propelled him into this weird scenario that he himself almost predicted on Graduation. Can’t tell him nothin. Add tot he face even in those early tapes Coodie showed, he clearly has had mild bipolar episodes before but didn’t have the power or finances tk just become an overbearing identity. The idea of him running around Roc offices playing classic songs but ignoring people trying to work is apart of what makes his attitude so divisive. It’s like “Kanye you got a point but bro you yelling, you wearing a trump hat, and you crying so it comes off even crazier”. His dad hit him with classic dad wisdom in the car “…maybe write your speech next time.” Like I know it’s a theory that Kanye does performance art and it’s clear he maybe WANTED to be that guy but it’s also clear when he is legit off his meds and being manic. I think this Pete Davidson shyt is calculated performance art bullshyt to promote an album. That President nonsense? Nah he off the rocker and too many people told him he can’t do it so now he’s hell bent on doing it against his own health, family, and fandom.

he needs to live more based off his new catch phrase and find god.