jeen-yuhs: A Kanye Trilogy | All Parts Released

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps
Just finished part 2. This being only three parts is disappointing. It's wild how he was "on" but still rarely recognized. Is that how the music business goes or was his situation unique because everyone still viewed him as just a producer? That clip of Dame leaving the room in the middle of Kanye playing music :dwillhuh: They were prioritizing that lil girl over Kanye West :mjlol:

I'd love to hear from those college students from the restaurant. Imagine seeing that random dude that was sitting next you a year ago all over the TV and radio.

I knew Coodie was about to get left behind as soon as Kanye said he wanted Hype to do his video. I understand why but the fame was getting to him a lil bit. Blessing in disguise for Coodie tho.
That Grammy speech :wow:

Did yall 33+ brehs rock with Ye like that back in 04 or yall thought he was trash?

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Just finished part 2. This being only three parts is disappointing. It's wild how he was "on" but still rarely recognized. Is that how the music business goes or was his situation unique because everyone still viewed him as just a producer? That clip of Dame leaving the room in the middle of Kanye playing music :dwillhuh: They were prioritizing that lil girl over Kanye West :mjlol:

I'd love to hear from those college students from the restaurant. Imagine seeing that random dude that was sitting next you a year ago all over the TV and radio.

I knew Coodie was about to get left behind as soon as Kanye said he wanted Hype to do his video. I understand why but the fame was getting to him a lil bit. Blessing in disguise for Coodie tho.
That Grammy speech :wow:

Did yall 33+ brehs rock with Ye like that back in 04 or yall thought he was trash?
I first became a Kanye fan when I saw him in that Slum Village video for "Selfish". I saw that and something clicked and I started going through as much of Ye's content that Limewire could provide.

Nostalgic

Superstar
Daps
Was there any truth to the fact Graduation was originally supposed to have skits on it like CD and LR did.

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
God this shyt is the best doc I’ve seen in forever.
Kanye… he’s really different man, fam is completely gone now but holy shyt :wow:

I wanna run thru a brick wall right now :damn: this must be how cocaine feels

Same city....but Hoop Dreams(by far the best sports film, best documentary)

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's dope seeing the genesis of songs that would become classics.

It's very odd that the appreciation of his beats did not gain him currency to make a solo album after all he was not the first producer to try his hand at rapping so it was not an outlandish concept.

Last edited:

DonRe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I haven’t seen not one notebook of rhymes in this entire doc. It’s clear Rhymefest and Consequence wrote damn near all of College Dropout now :mjlol:
Thats one thing i wish these joints had. Was more insight on the track making and song writing process.

not gonna front. This really frames kanye as a person you want to see win. Its also an emotional reaction when you see how positive his mom was. How loving and grounded she portrayed. And how he doesnt have that anymore.

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Looks like ep 3 makes a huge time jump..all of a sudden he’s like the biggest artist ever lol

Cootie probably stopped really filming this nikka for like 3-4 years…like all Kanye friends/workers, they probably had a falling out at some point before making up :mjlol:
Episode three dives into that. Coodie had a kid as did ye and when they do link back up it’s supposedly awkward and sad

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's dope seeing the genesis of songs that would become classics.

It's very odd that the appreciation of his beats did not gain him currency to make a solo album after all he was not the first producer to try his hand at rapping so it was not an outlandish concept.

I get that but it kind've makes sense for the time.

Back then, the three names that immediately came to mind as far as producers that rap were Jermaine Dupri, Timbaland, and Dr. Dre. JD and Timbaland weren't known for putting out great or overly successful albums, and Dre's shyt is in its own category, but definitely not because Dre was a gifted rapper. I think from a business standpoint, they came to the conclusion that he was more likely in the JD/Timbaland category than Dre, and didn't have the big name artists that he could just pull out of his pocket like Dre did to put a blockbuster album together.

Looks like ep 3 makes a huge time jump..all of a sudden he’s like the biggest artist ever lol

Cootie probably stopped really filming this nikka for like 3-4 years…like all Kanye friends/workers, they probably had a falling out at some point before making up :mjlol:

It seemed like he was suggesting there was some separation starting when he went elsewhere for the Jesus Walks video once he had a spark.