jeen-yuhs: A Kanye Trilogy | All Parts Released

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ye buying an issue of Black Tail in the middle of Time Square with no shame :mjlol:

"I got a little addiction":mjgrin:

Did that Peedi Crack album ever come out?

Everyone on the label had to feel stupid seeing the guy that they just wanted beats from debuting at #2 on Billboard and outselling The Blueprint's first week numbers. They should have mentioned in the doc that Jay did 427k first week while Ye did 444k. That's a big mistake on their part.

Rawkus not signing him made no sense. He was a perfect fit for their roster and he could've been producing for their artists. Your A&R and two biggest artists were cosigning him and they didn't even have a meeting or hear a demo. He wasn't even going to cost much seeing as how no one was offering him a deal.

Nobody can ever say Mos and Talib didn't look out. They were Kanye's biggest supporters as an artist. We could've had that Mos West album if Rawkus didn't drop the ball.

All the fame and recognition went to his head. U can already see it happening when he went on tour and left coodie.

That ended up working out in Coodie's favor because him and Chike started directing videos for other artists. He got to branch out and create his own business opportunities instead of just following Ye around. At some point Kanye wasn't going to need him.

Coodie's feelings were hurt when Ye wanted to work with Hype. It's funny how him joking about how Ye would come back to him because he wouldn't like his video ended up being true.

Last edited:

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
Yeah it feels like you need more episodes to tell the full story.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
All the fame and recognition went to his head. U can already see it happening when he went on tour and left coodie.
I was around him a couple times in this era and IMO he was already a superstar in his head, and reality just had to catch up to where his mind-state already was. I think he was ready to break away from everyone and be in his own world of superstardom way before he even dropped his first album.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
At what point did Kanye stop writing his own bars?
Good question. I'm not sure he ever did stop entirely writing his own bars. He definitely has a lot more help now. From what I've heard, it was more around the time of MBDTF when he really started getting way more help with the pen.

People forget that not only did he write bars, but he did the no pen no pad thing. He used to put the beat on and just rap out loud in jibberish with a certain flow or cadence out loud, and as he'd keep rapping jibberish, he'd gradually fill in words to match the flow. There's some footage of this on a couple videos out there.

MBDTF is when he went full chairman of the board and CEO style in terms of flying out every rapper and producer under the sun. In reality he probably started getting more writing help a little earlier (maybe even Graduation era) but MBDTF is when he started just taking whole verses from people (specifically I've heard CyHi and Push wrote a fair amount of that album). And even then I think he wrote some verses on that album. Devil In a New Dress sounds like some shyt he'd write himself.

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
He never totally left Coodie behind though. He probably felt like he needed a Hype Williams video to get to that superstar status since Hype was the hottest video director in the game at that time.