jeen-yuhs: A Kanye Trilogy | All Parts Released

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
In hindsight, Roc-a-Fella putting Peedi Crakk and YOUNG STEFF over Kanye is :mindblown: x100

Coodie and Ye coming up with the idea for the Through The Wire video in the dentist office. That was special. :whoo:The Slow Jamz recording was special :ohlawd: Mos Def really was a stan for Kanye :ehh:

I wish this was four episodes instead of three because they're gonna cram almost 15 years (looked like Late Registration didn't drop yet) of footage into one episode. We all know how it ends but I would just like to smile a bit more like I did with the first two eps.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wish this was four episodes instead of three because they're gonna cram almost 15 years (looked like Late Registration didn't drop yet) of footage into one episode. We all know how it ends but I would just like to smile a bit more like I did with the first two eps.
I wish they had 2 episodes of footage for Late Reg and Graduation process for real.

basically up until his mom's passing. that's when I feel like we got a different Kanye til the Kim years... then that's a whole thing (that I have no interest in) in itself.

I'm not sure that it's gonna be 15 years packed into 1 episode tho? I understood it that he has more footage and there might be a part 2...

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Yo Ye’s first girl was bad was fukk smh mans really fukked that up just to get with Amber Rose and then Kim K? But you can’t be surprised he did his own peoples Coodi dirty going with hype Williams to do the video for Jesus walks over Coodi..

It just shows always ride with the folk you came to the party with…

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
Yo Ye’s first girl was bad was fukk smh mans really fukked that up just to get with Amber Rose and then Kim K? But you can’t be surprised he did his own peoples Coodi dirty going with hype Williams to do the video for Jesus walks over Coodi..

It just shows always ride with the folk you came to the party with…
I think this chick was Mr. Rainey’s daughter. It didn’t look like Alexis Phifer to me (the woman he was engaged to right before he got with Amber Rose). Both were better looking than Kim and Amber.

Nostalgic

Superstar
Daps
I know a lot of this footage was used for the Through The Wire music video.

I always thought the footage of Kanye and Scarface crossing the street to get to the studio was them working of The Fix.
I didn't know that was Kanye tryin to get Face to put a verse on Family Business.

dubsmith_nz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Aotearoa
Finally sat down and watched the first part, man this took me back :wow:

So many dope parts which have been touched on already. The parts with Donda were amazing, she was definitely what kept him grounded, I can understand why he's steadily lost it since her passing.

That first beat he was playing Mos and Talib that had the same sample as "Mo Money" sounded dope, there must be a gang of Kanye/Blackstar material in the vault.

The Message

Lex with tv sets the minimum
Daps
Those mom moments hurt me so much, damn near wanted to forgive him for his actions
it's hard to watch. donda reminds me of my mom and a lot of the mothers in my neighborhood growing up. they were strong and they had that warmth and that caring spirit that if you she knew you or knew your family, she treated you like her own child. :mjcry:

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
damn this part 2 in general really taking me back to that time period

that diner scene when he talking to the college kids...bet they were thinking :usure: when coodie saying ye's the next big star

all the session vids were dope...slow jams, jesus walks, get by, breathe in/out

vividly remember seeing through the wire vid for the first time :wow:

Daps
That J Ivy studio scene was potent.

Kanye why didn’t you just bounce him the pro tools files and he could’ve recorded it there. Nah we need to all be in the studio together for this. All them songs created with all artist present in the studio. Maybe that’s why music feels so different now.
:wow:

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
That J Ivy studio scene was potent.

Kanye why didn’t you just bounce him the pro tools files and he could’ve recorded it there. Nah we need to all be in the studio together for this. All them songs created with all artist present in the studio. Maybe that’s why music feels so different now.
:wow:

Tribe's last album was done that way. Q-Tip insisted on everybody coming to his studio in New Jersey to record. :wow:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Finally getting around to watching and this shyt is amazing. I wish they could release a full extended version cause I don't see how it's possible to cover the rest of Ye's career with the pace this moving.

It's funny as hell seeing Kanye having his Kanye type moments but I think the humbling moments of where he was in his career at that time kept it in check. It's crazy seeing him hustling for studio time and how he didn't just sit back and bytch about it. Instead found a way to promote his self and just get shyt done.

I was such a Kanye stan back around this time and just reminding me why I was such a big fan.

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
I think this doc will give people a different outlook on some of Ye’s “outburst” or “rants” over the years.

The doc really makes me think of the “You ain’t got the answers Sway!” era when he was trying to break into fashion and ppl like Charlamagne were telling him to just stick to music. It was basically a carbon copy of him trying to get College Dropout released. Everyone seen him as a producer only but he knew he wanted to rap. Then a decade later he wants to get into fashion and shoes but everyone only sees him as a rapper. High end fashion houses don’t take him seriously, etc.

That really wasn’t a “new Kanye” it was the same dude but he was just trying to switch up in a different direction. I feel like a lot of him spazzing out is just feeling like he’s re-living periods of his life where people tried to box him in.