jeen-yuhs: A Kanye Trilogy | All Parts Released

JoseLuisGotcha

Aka Allhiphopsux
Daps
Reppin
#717 --> #215 #PA #ByrdGang
yea if you look back Kanye had to be super talented, driven and have his own money just to get anyone’s respect and attention and then they saw the vision when it was undeniable

even then they was still probably pushing “peedi crack” project before him

This documentary the first time I hear peedi crack name since like 2005:mjlol:

Kanye is a billionaire. where is peedi crack now! :banderas:

Not gonna lie, this song was huge in nyc back in the day. If im dame I probably would’ve invested in Peedi over Kanye too :hubie:

this goes to what Pharrell was spiting about having the talent but being complacent as opposed to staying hungry

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
Scene w Ye and Donda rapping got me :mjcry:My mom hated that I rapped.

When your mom is your biggest fan, sky's the limit brehs. Donda a real one.

Eyes watery and all. You can’t quite grasp how much his mom impacted him without seeing some of this footage. Knowing the rhymes, even appearing in the Jesus walk Grammy performance. That type of loss is crippling.

JoseLuisGotcha

Aka Allhiphopsux
Daps
Reppin
I don’t think Luda was acting funny style. Once he got in the studio he was mad cool and gave Kanye props. I think he was just in the zone while sitting in the car. When your writing or doing something super intense sometimes you can come off annoyed when you are interrupted but I don’t it was meant as him trying to son Ye in that moment.

this

plus having a big ass camera in your face while you’re in your personal space …he obviously left the studio to go in his car with dark tint for a reason …who knows he coulda also had a bad phone call like baby momma drama or some shyt …but like you said when he removed himself him his personal space and was in his element in the Stu it was all love

JoseLuisGotcha

Aka Allhiphopsux
Daps
Reppin
Dentist was not trying to let them archive removing that wire from his jaw, he got tense as hell when he saw that camera.

Shows how different of a world we live in now with social media and documenting of life

It’s not really that it’s the HIPAA law that’s why Kanye was like “it’s illegal?” The Dr./office could get sued

i mentioned before i did camera work for freeway and i went to his hospital visits …but at one point they was like nah put that away you need advanced permission from the hospital …so i had to sneak record mad shyt with my phone

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
Nah. Kanye had the best verse on that song hands down. Arguably that was the best verse on the whole album. It’s been a minute since I listened to College Dropout.

Years really I got this album the day it came out. Instant classic. Crazy to think when I was gushing over the continued dope production in albums like Quality and The Fix, Kanye was out there playing all falls down hungry for a deal, being appalled at the idea of being labeled the best producer/rapper in the game. I have to admit the doc has really rekindle some feelings I had for this music shyt back then. Some memories behind the music being teen. Might have to play th music again.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Maybe I'm bugging but I haven't seen Twista in the doc
Yeah he's not shown in it. Apparently the documentary was going to be 9 hours long at first. Pretty sure they have footage of damn near everything from at least College Dropout and Late Registration. Unfortunately they had to cut a ton of material.

BEN23

All Star
Daps
It’s not really that it’s the HIPAA law that’s why Kanye was like “it’s illegal?” The Dr./office could get sued

i mentioned before i did camera work for freeway and i went to his hospital visits …but at one point they was like nah put that away you need advanced permission from the hospital …so i had to sneak record mad shyt with my phone
props to you brother...working on anything new?

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol: Dame looks like a complete bozo in this doc
he definitely got an unorthodox approach, but i actually think it was genius.

he really had these rocafella dudes out here competing with eachother and it produced some great shyt:wow:

Leao2005

All Star
Supporter
Daps
It’s also a testament to having the ability to swallow your pride. If Kanye couldn’t set his ego aside and ask dudes for favors, to bum studio time, etc., College Dropout would have been super delayed, and maybe he misses his window or moment? Life is funny like that, but dude didn’t mind rolling up on someone like Ludacris — who was huge at the time — and getting him to do a hook he seemingly didn’t want to do, while siphoning Luda’s studio time. He could’ve easily felt some kinda way, and blew up, but he had a greater goal in mind and took these micro-embarrassments in stride. :yeshrug:
do you feel the same about his entry to the fashion industry. IE the limo video