jeen-yuhs: A Kanye Trilogy | All Parts Released

Daps

white-boy-dancing.gif

Last edited:

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I find it funny how Luda was acting mad funny style with Ye but Ye ends up being way bigger than he ever was… Luda had to hand Ye his Grammy :mjlol:

Then you hear Drake on how about now track, where the broad he wit trying to listen to Ludacris… Drake ends up being a bigger artist than Luda and that broad caught the vapors :mjlol:

“I had no money left from actin', I was focused on the music
I used to always try and burn you CDs of my new shyt
You be like "Who's this?" I be like "Me, girl"
You be like "Oh, word, true shyt?"
Then ask if we could listen to Ludacris
Them car rides made me feel like I was losin' it”

That wasn’t the case. Luda told him he’s trying to write his verse and focus. Then when he got in the studio he showed Ye mad love!! And was professional. People forget Ye also produced Stand Up for Luda.

I’m sure they had a good relationship.

Tupac in a Business Suit

Middle aged....Middle paid
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem via Brooklyn
Looking back at episode two, it turned out in his best interest that he did his own thing on the College Dropout without the help or push from Rocafella to get it to completion. :blessed:The album probably wouldn’t have the cohesiveness or fluidic tone with Freeway, Seeg and The Dips spitting street shyt :scusthov:on the tracks and bodying him on his own tracks.:umad:

After hearing “All Falls Down” during the second episode and seeing how they treated Ye early on I’m pretty sure that second verse was about some of his label mates at Rocafella. :sadcam::huhldup::dame:

Life sure is funny like that sometimes. Kanye also seems like a guy that never overlooked his blessings, took life in stride and kept pushing forward.

Last edited:

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
Damn I knew the story of Rocafella not really checking for him but I didn't know he had to grind like that on his own to get a simple release date. Then seeing how Dame really had his back. But I also understand that he wanted to be who he is today, and that's why he went with Jay-Z back then. I still don't really like his music post College Dropout and Late Registration but this doc did give me some appreciation for how he got to be such a superstar. He wanted it bad and went and did it his way no matter what. Then the footage with his mom, all I can say about that is that it's all very touching.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
Looking back at episode two, it turned out in his best interest that he did his own thing on the College Dropout without the help or push from Rocafella to get it to completion. :blessed:The album probably wouldn’t have the cohesiveness or fluidic tone with Freeway, Seeg and The Dips spitting street shyt :scusthov:on the tracks and bodying him on his own tracks.:umad:

After hearing “All Falls Down” during the second episode and seeing how they treated Ye early on I’m pretty sure that second verse was about some of his label mates at Rocafella. :sadcam::huhldup::dame:

Life sure is funny like that sometimes. Kanye also seems like a guy that never overlooked his blessings, took life in stride and kept pushing forward.
:comeon:
The way Cam "bodied" him on here? Ya'll really be hyped on nostalgia sometimes and overstating these guys' ability and staying power.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Aye, I never said that Kanyes influence on emcees was a good thing :russ:

I still prefer more gritty hip-hop but Ye created a lane for these Big Sean type nikkas so it's whatever
Kanye is better than all his sons
J Cole, Drake, Big Sean, none of them come close
And I know Big Sean ghost wrote, but by himself he doesn't make the same caliber of songs

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Wasn't until now that I ever actually thought about little kids singing the hook on "We Don't Care" and saying "we wasn't s'posed to make it past 25" :russ:

Still my favorite joint on that album.
Kanye was going crazy. You can see his comedy influence in every song back den
Like the imagery of him smoking by the no smoking section in the mall or the Michael Jackson line on Slow Jamz.

now he is doing low level trump trolling of Pete Davidson

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This documentary is reinforcing that Kanye would have been a superstar no matter what label/situation he was in.

You know how many people would have just sat back and let their label dictate their career? This man had built so many relationships with stars across the industry he essentially finished College Dropout before Rocafella gave him a budget for it.

True visionary
:wow: