jeen-yuhs: A Kanye Trilogy | All Parts Released

DontEemTry

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:skip: No disrespect… but have you been living under a rock? Of course that’s what he did. And those artists constantly bring it up. People in the industry across all genres and races keep jumping at the chance to work with Ye and nikkas still want to act confused. He’s what would happen if Quincy Jones and MJ did a fusion dance.

Aye, I never said that Kanyes influence on emcees was a good thing :russ:

I still prefer more gritty hip-hop but Ye created a lane for these Big Sean type nikkas so it's whatever

Knucklehead

HMFIC
Daps
Reppin
Montreal #byrdgang
My Pops who hasn’t been plugged into the music scene since the Gamble and Huff days just called me to ask if I listen to Kanye. He said the only thing he knew about Kanye was that he was a “real jerk” because he was friends with Trump but he started watching the Doc last night and ended up watching both episodes back to back and now thinks Kanye is amazing.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Missed this whole thread damn I need to catch up.

Did anyone peep the instrumental at 1:21:50 of episode 2?

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Watching Kanye and Scarface build in the studio. .. just wow man.

It was brilliant to archive all this footage.

this is a well thought out and executed doc so far.
Kanye is like 13 years older than me but I can recall so much watching this shyt growing up listening to his music. Man, can’t emphasize the bolded enough.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
This is an EXCELLENT documentary

One thing however

It REALLY makes Kanye look like a sucka for the comments he made about Talib Kweli on Drink Champs. Talib looked out for Kanye early on.

This is EXACTLY what I came in to say. This is like watching 2 different Kanye’s.
this this this. It’s really surreal seeing this documentary considering where his head is at now.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
after seeing him interact with his mom in this now I really understand how her death destroyed part of him

Seems like she knew Kayne would be great and just guided him

there’s no way we have the Kanye of today if his mom was still alive.
QFT. It’s almost an obvious point but seeing those moments they shared (and considering those we haven’t) encapsulates how much of a great influence she was on him.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Scene w Ye and Donda rapping got me :mjcry:My mom hated that I rapped.

When your mom is your biggest fan, sky's the limit brehs. Donda a real one.
Especially the comment regarding his chain and the angel. Plus for her to recall one of his early rhymes that even seemed like he didn’t immediately remember …man :mjcry:.

Scientific

Bacdafucup
Daps
Reppin
The H
Hoop Dreams is the greatest doc of all time. Then last dance. I'm not even from Chi, but it's only fitting another Chicago product goes up against it. This is so well done, and the amount of history behind it. How organic it is from the beginning. It should get an Oscar nod next yr. Mark it.

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Great documentary. Kanye reay stuck with it and didn't quit and became one of the greatest hip hop icons of all time so you gotta respect that. I remember Kanye came out when I was in college and it was so different from anything else at the time, at least mainstream perspective. I wasn't feeling his style or his rapping but at least he was authentic.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
brings back memories to 2004 when I first bought college dropout. was on a school field trip, we stopped at a mall - Grade 8, 14 years old. I walked into an HMV and spent my only dollars on the album. listened on the walkman on the way home in the bus and been a fan ever since :wow:
We probably the same age remembering this shyt:wow:

edit: remember having to wait on my mom to finish work and listening to last call. Still humming that shyt to this day
edit 2: “some say he arrogant, can y’all blame him? It was straight embarrassing how y’all played him.
Last year shoppin my demo, I was trynna shine. Every moufukka told me that I couldn’t rhyme”

Last edited: